PDA

View Full Version : Tiesto is back from the OPEN!!

Kirkus
09-13-2004, 09:27 AM
I think it's so cool, DJ that you were there! :D
For one of us who has never seen a live Pro match, you're almost like a celebrity to me 8)

Sebastien447
09-13-2004, 09:48 AM
and Tiesto ... when you have time maybe some advice for us who are thinking about doing the USO thing in the future ...

how to get tix, where to stay, things you'd do differently type stuff ... would be much appreciated

thanks in advance

Betsmoyo
09-13-2004, 11:08 AM
lmao

Sebastien447
09-14-2004, 09:21 AM
hey sebastien, unfortunately i don't know if i can offer much advice. you see, i got the tickets for free, from my cousin, whose fiancee is a doctor and he gets them for free. she's not mch of a tennis fan so she gave to her brother (also my cousin ofcourse) and we went together. I heard the tickets that we got which were horrible seats (promenade) were on sale for atleast 72 dollars for the men's final. i can only imagine the price for courtside.

But, as far as i know, you can't get the good tickets off of ticketmaster. you have to buy it from some outside source, I don't know where though. i heard they go on sale in june, the tickets and the good seats get sold out within that week. i think the September issue of Tennis magazine covers any USO-related information very well. You should check it out.

as for where to stay? well, the hotel that i work at is not even half a mile away from the USO tennis center. the prices are very affordable, the stay is decent and the trip to the open is a breeze. you can take a cab, railroad, or the subway station - located only 3 blocks from the hotel. for future reference, if anyone wants more information on where the hotel is located and such, contact me.

what i would do differently would be to arrive there earlier. the USO is surprisingly very festive. there was music, dancing, serving contests and many more. because we got there late, we missed out on some events. also, i'd consider buying tickets as soon as they're available. i liked the free tickets but i was really missing out on the action at times. you felt like you were watching it on TV you were so high.

Thanks Tiesto ... I know that usually if you go through any of the ticket services, they can charge 2, 3, even 4 times the actual ticket price. I couldn't believe how much some of them were charging for FO tix. The French make you obtain an application off the internet, then send your request through the mail. It's the only way for a foreigner to get tickets. I'm sure the USO couldn't be like that for Americans though ... could it?