PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok - Fed vs. Rod

Sebastien447
10-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Surprise surprise eh?

I think Andy better figure out a way to win this one. He's only beaten Fed one time, lost the last three, and hasn't beat him since the summer of 03. IMO he needs to prove to himself that he can still beat the guy.

http://www.atptennis.com/en/newsandscores/news/2004/bangkok_saturday.asp

Betsmoyo
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Fed won 6-4 6-0. Andy had never dropped a set at love in his pro career. Hes just getting better and better winning sets at love against some good players. Double goose egg on Hewitt goose egg on Andy. Wow. Go Roger.

Betsmoyo
10-03-2004, 05:47 AM
Perfect Ten is nice!

http://www.atptennis.com/en/

I wonder how the Federer v. Roddick rivalry would compare to the Sampras v. Agassi rivalry? In the beginning did Sampras dominate completely and then toward the middle of their careers did Agassi start to beat Pete once in a while?

I think that at this point Roddick still is pretty happy that he can beat most other players just sticking to his style. I think however, it's time to stop concentrating on serve speed records and to start improving other facets more like his return and and volleys. Just a thought.

Other than that I would wonder if Roddick didn't feel as completely comfortable there in Thiland as he normally feels in the U.S. Maybe he felt off for some reason....because he's never lost a set at love before.

I dont know if Roddick will ever be able to turn this into a real rivalry. Andy does need to focus less on his serve if he wants to be 1 and win some slams again. It doesnt work with Roger. Roger has a great return game and the serve doesnt mess Roger up nearly as much as the other players.

Betsmoyo
10-03-2004, 06:56 AM
Feds the only guy to win their first 12 atp finals appearences aside from Borg and McEnroe. In his career time he will set and break many records. None of which will be the service speed record, gotta leave one for Andy. ;) I see him breaking Petes record of 14 slams. I think he'll get to 20 or more. Big Number i know but Feds that great.

Sebastien447
10-03-2004, 07:38 AM
Feds the only guy to win their first 12 atp finals appearences aside from Borg and McEnroe. In his career time he will set and break many records. None of which will be the service speed record, gotta leave one for Andy. ;) I see him breaking Petes record of 14 slams. I think he'll get to 20 or more. Big Number i know but Feds that great.

Get a grip people. At least try to remain level-headed and not get so swept up in Fed's magical year.

And Bets ... 20? I have to laugh! In fact, this may be another short-eating challenge. You know the routine ...

Fed wins 20 majors ... hold the ketchup, hold the mayo ... just my undies and me at the dinner table!

Betsmoyo
10-03-2004, 08:18 AM
Sebs get ready to eat your tighty whities its gonna happen. I want to see him win 20 man that would be friggin awesome! The only thing better than that is if Nadal wins 20. Hey you never know.... ;) I know that proby wont happen but he'll win a slam or two in his time. He just turned 18 so he's got some time. By 23 he'll have won a slam. Which could be a problem for Feds 20 so you never know.

Sebastien447
10-03-2004, 09:35 AM
but he'll win a slam or two in his time. He just turned 18 so he's got some time. By 23 he'll have won a slam. Which could be a problem for Feds 20

BETS!!! You've managed to present my side of the argument for me my friend! THANK you :D

You don't even need me anymore ... aside from my magnetic personality of course :P

Sebastien447
10-04-2004, 09:33 AM
Of course I hope that Federer has several more great years and wins 20 majors just like Bets predicts.

I'm thinkin that my shorts are safe from din dins! :P

Kirkus
10-04-2004, 09:46 AM
I think way too many of you assume that Andy "focuses" on breaking a serve record. He has a fast serve. Just because he uses it doesn't mean he's not concentrating on improving other areas of his game. I've seen his net game improve over the last 2 years, he's a little faster on the court, and he's got a backhand slice that's improved by leaps and bounds.

I think you guys are focused more on his serve than he is.

Betsmoyo
10-05-2004, 11:42 AM
Exactly PJVA. It gets boring one big serve after another. But thats why its nice to see Andy play Fed. Roger has a great return game and is one of the players that can take the server without a whole lotta trouble.