PDA

View Full Version : Lindsay

Moose
09-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Bets:
Lindsay has never been one to go into a big tournament without some form of warm up. She'll probably lick her US Open wounds and at least play one-two indoor warm ups in late October.
I'm hoping she picks Philly, since the tourney is practically in my backyard, and I'll be there for a lot of the matches

Sebastien447
09-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Hey gotta another questiona bout an Oldie...Wheres Monica? She should retire. I got one of those really big plasticy kind of posters that <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl2.asp?k=sports%20authority" onmouseover="window.status='Sports Authority'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Sports Authority</a> hangs up from the ceilings when one near by closed of Monica. Andre Michael Chang and Aranxta too. But we donated Arantxa and Michael to a raffel thing for charity. But i kept Monica. Anyway, Where is she? She did an interview during Wimby saying she was hoping to play in the <a href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl2.asp?k=pilot%20pen" onmouseover="window.status='Pilot Pen'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">Pilot Pen</a> and USO no such luck. But where is she?

I cannot believe she still says things like that and does not just retire already. I love Monica, but the girl is done.

She blew it when she extended her time off after the stabbing. She put on the weight and has never been the same Monica. The Seles tennis that was so much fun to watch ended with the stabbing. :(

Sebastien447
09-27-2004, 09:10 AM
Thats not fair. She was so good. And the really sad thing is that people who dont know much anout tennis will always associate Monica with the stabbing. Steffi will always be thought of for the tax problems and the stabbing too (to sports fans who dont know much about tennis)

Life is unfair.

And then we die.

Betsmoyo
10-03-2004, 05:55 AM
If Lindsay wins Filderstadt (which she will) will she be number one? Im not sure about the points and how they add up. Anyone know? Man i hope so. I dont think Amelie is completely deserving of the world number 1.

3mlm
10-04-2004, 01:47 AM
If Lindsay wins Filderstadt (which she will) will she be number one? Im not sure about the points and how they add up. Anyone know? Man i hope so. I dont think Amelie is completely deserving of the world number 1.

If Davenport wins and Mauresmo loses before the semis, then Davenport will be #1. If Mauresmo makes it to the semis, it will depend on their quality points. If Mauresmo makes it to the finals, she'll still be #1

But Davenport didn't play any tournaments after Filderstadt last year and has a substantial lead in points earned in 2004. Unless she gets injured or otherwise can't play or just loses early this fall, she will end the year as #1.

2004 Race to the Championships

RANKPLAYERPOINTS1Lindsay Davenport39672Amelie Mauresmo33863Svetlana Kuznetsova33364Anastasia Myskina 29825Justine Henin-Hardenne28846Elena Dementieva28707Serena Williams25968Maria Sharapova23629Jennifer Capriati230010Venus Williams2145

Betsmoyo
10-04-2004, 05:57 AM
That is awesome. So she has a good chance at year end 1 right? What a great way to retire. On the top. Thats awesome. At 28 she has a real shot at 1 above all of these youngins. AWESOME!

Betsmoyo
10-06-2004, 12:57 PM
A little twist of irony, if Lindsay takes over 1 at Filderstadt. Davenport first took number one at Filderstadt 6 yrs ago. Odd? Maybe a sign? Mauresemo cant beat that ironic twist! Shes goin down in her first match if she hasnt already.

Moose
10-07-2004, 11:11 AM
anyone else see that Lindsay is also playing doubles again with Corina. First time in a few years...think that is an increbily classy move, especially coming at what looks like the tail end of her career. Hope they can take the title.

Betsmoyo
10-07-2004, 11:37 AM
Yeah i saw that she was playing doubles. I hope she wins every tourney she plays in and her and her partner win every doubles tourney they enter.

Betsmoyo
10-09-2004, 08:07 AM
1) Amelie Mauresmo (FRA) d. (4) Svetlana Kuznetsova (RUS) 75 64
(2) Lindsay Davenport (USA) d. (3) Anastasia Myskina (RUS) 62 64

I cant believe Kuzy didnt beat Amelie! Man that sucks. Thats ok Lindsay will crush her. She will beat the snot outta that Frenchie! She may not get 1 ranking but she'll win it. By the end of the year she'll be number 1. I have no doubts in that.

Sebastien447
10-09-2004, 08:20 AM
Lindsay finishes the year number 1 and I'll eat ...

... hold up, I'll save you the trouble ... SHUT UP SEB!!!

(the Bucks are losing again ... I shouldn't be allowed to interact with normal people ... I'll just go back to my den of sorrow now)

Goodbye

:'(

Betsmoyo
10-10-2004, 12:21 AM
SHE DID IT! Amelie retired the match at 6-2 Lindsay! Lindsay beat the snot outta her in the first set and Amelie probly wanted to save herself the emberassment! She is closer to being number one! And sebs is closer to eating his shorts! (Nasty shorts....the kind that are gross) ;D

Sebastien447
10-10-2004, 12:35 AM
SHE DID IT! Amelie retired the match at 6-2 Lindsay! Lindsay beat the snot outta her in the first set and Amelie probly wanted to save herself the emberassment! She is closer to being number one! And sebs is closer to eating his shorts! (Nasty shorts....the kind that are gross) ;D

woa woa woa ... slow down there missy!

that was NOT a short-eater!

Things I'll eat my shorts for (random selection, no guarantee on poo poo undies :P):

1) Roger wins the Grand Slam
2) Hewitt finishes this year at #2

And I'll eat a rotten apple if Lleyton wins another major ;)

3mlm
10-10-2004, 01:49 AM
woa woa woa ... slow down there missy!

that was NOT a short-eater!

Things I'll eat my shorts for (random selection, no guarantee on poo poo undies :P):

1) Roger wins the Grand Slam
2) Hewitt finishes this year at #2

And I'll eat a rotten apple if Lleyton wins another major ;)

Oh, Seb, that second one's a dangerous promise. Hewitt's only 215 entry points behind Roddick this year and with Madrid, Paris and the YEC still to go it's possible that he can catch up.

I don't think Hewitt will pass Roddick, but it could be close.

Betsmoyo
10-10-2004, 02:07 AM
Lindsay finishes the year number 1 and I'll eat ...

... hold up, I'll save you the trouble ... SHUT UP SEB!!!

(the Bucks are losing again ... I shouldn't be allowed to interact with normal people ... I'll just go back to my den of sorrow now)

Goodbye

:'(
You said youd eat something and trailed off! So haha eat it!

Sebastien447
10-10-2004, 02:17 AM
Oh, Seb, that second one's a dangerous promise. Hewitt's only 215 entry points behind Roddick this year and with Madrid, Paris and the YEC still to go it's possible that he can catch up.

I don't think Hewitt will pass Roddick, but it could be close.

agreed ... that one may get a little dicey :-/

Sebastien447
10-10-2004, 02:18 AM
You said youd eat something and trailed off! So haha eat it!

How bout if I just eat some of my wife's cooking ... sometimes that can be rather punishing!

:-X

Betsmoyo
10-10-2004, 06:45 AM
i gotta say two things

1 is more of a question...Cause im obsessed w/Lindsay being the year end number1 does anyone know if shes playing the Kremlin Cup and if she does can she get the number 1 ranking outta it?

2 I have friend on tour who coaches a WTA player. He says hes not so sure if she'll retire cause shes playing so well this year. Shes said herself shes not so sure anymore. Im sure its hard to retire when youre on top like she is (or will be) but you never know....It would be nice for her to stay but in the end im gonna bet that she'll retire. Pitty we gotta lose her and keep Capriati i wish it would be the other way around.

3mlm
10-10-2004, 06:59 AM
i gotta say two things

1 is more of a question...Cause im obsessed w/Lindsay being the year end number1 does anyone know if shes playing the Kremlin Cup and if she does can she get the number 1 ranking outta it?

Davenport is playing in Moscow and Zurich and YEC, as is Mauresmo.

Mauresmo is 740 ranking points behind Davenport this year and is unlikely to pass her with only 3 tournaments to go.

Current Race to the Championships:

RANKPLAYERPOINTS1Lindsay Davenport43802Amelie Mauresmo36403Svetlana Kuznetsova34814Anastasia Myskina 31195Justine Henin-Hardenne28846Elena Dementieva28717Serena Williams25968Maria Sharapova24999Jennifer Capriati230010Venus Williams214511Vera Zvonareva2097

Betsmoyo
10-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Thankyou! Im not very good with the rankings points or anything related to it. Its that good old blonde brain of mine. Always making me confused. ::)

shtexas
10-10-2004, 01:32 PM
Looks like a tight race for the seventh and eighth spots.

3mlm
10-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Thankyou! Im not very good with the rankings points or anything related to it. Its that good old blonde brain of mine. Always making me confused. ::)

I've always had natural blonde hair but it never made me confused.

The last couple of years it's getting a bit gray but my husband prefers my natural (graying) blonde hair to any attempt to cover the gray.

So now I have to go gray (partially gray, anyway).

Betsmoyo
10-11-2004, 05:04 AM
My hair is naturally blonde too and im booksmart AP and Honors classes high FCAT (Florida Comprehensive Assesment Test) Its just every now and then i have some bad blonde moments lack of common sense or whatever. Most of the time im good but i do have my moments. My friend (a brunette) refers to them as my Jessica Simpson moments which really offends me cause im not a big fan of hers but at times i say things as stupid as she does.

Betsmoyo
10-11-2004, 05:10 AM
Will Davenport overtake Mauresmo for No.1 by the end of the year?
84%

Yes

16%

No

Total votes - 1986
This poll was off of the WTA official website. Pretty on sided eh?

Betsmoyo
10-11-2004, 07:18 AM
BIG NEWS! I just looked on the espn site and Mauresmo withdrew from Kremlin CUp due to her injury she sustained in the finals of Filderstadt! She was a finalist last year losing to Myskina! She lost some points then, Lindsay can take number one if she does well enough in Moscow! How awesome is that?!

Sebastien447
10-11-2004, 09:13 AM
Let me preface what I'm about to say by recognizing that Linday is extremely popular on this board and elsewhere for good reason. She is a quality individual and has been great for tennis. I really like her as a person.

BUT, I won't miss her tennis. I call her "moose" because of how she lumbers around the court like some behemoth. I've never really enjoyed watching the way she swats at the ball either.

I'll miss the person, but I won't miss the game.

Betsmoyo
10-11-2004, 09:27 AM
I have a game similar to hers (not fast or known for footwork, baseliner "swats the ball") but Lindsay has some solid groundstrokes. Very smooth and powerful but not to powerful. She has a great twohanded backhand but that has caused her problems fro,m time to time. She has a beautiful serve solid and the stroke itself is very consistent. I lover Lindsay! She is a great person and the game is by no means the best game out there but its good enough to get her to number 2 and soon number 1 in the world over people 10 years or so younger than her. Thats pretty damn good.

Betsmoyo
10-14-2004, 04:47 AM
Lindsay Davenport, who has won a Tour leading seven titles this year, is projected to regain the world No.1 ranking on Monday when WTA Rankings are released. She cruised into the quarterfinals of the Kremlin Cup with a 64 62 victory over wildcard Dinara Safina. This will be the first time Davenport will hold the No.1 spot since January 13, 2002. Meanwhile, Anastasia Myskina, Elena Dementieva and Venus Williams also won their second round matches in Moscow.

Betsmoyo
10-15-2004, 10:47 PM
Moscow's defending champion Anastasia Myskina again found success in her hometown, defeating No.2 seed Lindsay Davenport 64 76(1) at the $1.3 Kremlin Cup. This serves as Myskina's first win over the American, falling to her on four previous occasions. Myskina is guaranteed to face another Russian in the final, the winner between Elena Dementieva and Elena Bovina.