PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Connors.......

jimp
10-23-2004, 05:27 AM
What I miss most about tennis these days is the drive and guts Connors showed when he played.
Aggasi has it, but it seems like everyone else is content with not making a move. Hopefully Donald and Stov will really want it.

Sebastien447
10-23-2004, 06:01 AM
What I miss most about tennis these days is the drive and guts Connors showed when he played.
Aggasi has it, but it seems like everyone else is content with not making a move. Hopefully Donald and Stov will really want it.

I've seen Agassi "go away" in matches. Connors never did that (I miss him too). I'd say Justine is the closest these days to that unrelenting drive to win.

btw who's Donald and Stov ???

jimp
10-23-2004, 09:11 AM
Hey Seb....The 15/16 year old Donald Young and Stovell Jenkins, who was welcomed by Roddick at the USO.
We nrrd some new blood in a big way. Hope these guys are ready and willing. When Gambil showed up he was to interested in how flat his stomach was. Kinda like mine.

Betsmoyo
10-23-2004, 09:16 AM
Maybe his career wasnt as succesful as hoped but he does have a NICE body. Almost as sculpted as Rafas...Almost!

jimp
10-23-2004, 09:20 AM
That's what I mean about the ATP, our guys come and go kinda quick. Need some fighters for the long haul.

Sebastien447
10-23-2004, 09:40 AM
Hey Seb....The 15/16 year old Donald Young and Stovell Jenkins, who was welcomed by Roddick at the USO.
We nrrd some new blood in a big way. Hope these guys are ready and willing. When Gambil showed up he was to interested in how flat his stomach was. Kinda like mine.

I gotcha now ... I though it was Skovell Jenkins

regardless ... Jenkins sure did look bad against Rod at the USO.

and I saw Young play live at the FO juniors and he looked bad too ... granted, it was dubs and he was royally pissed!

btw, as for your abs ... we'll need you to zoom in a bit on that avatar to make a call there ;)

Betsmoyo
10-23-2004, 12:39 PM
Id say Justine has that drive. Lindsay kinda does but shes also got that sense that she just wants to play not necessarily win and "impose her will" Justine seems truly determined every match.

Betsmoyo
10-24-2004, 04:54 AM
Thats true Fed dose have that drive. Pete did too. He just didnt show his emotions as much as Connors. I think Hewitt is like Connors hes got that drive he may not win but he always tries and he does show his emotions and plays to the crowd. What about Gaudio? At the FO that guy got into the crowd and showed how much he wanted it.

Sebastien447
10-24-2004, 05:07 AM
I disagree. I don't think Fed is from the Connors, bust a gut to win every last point, mold.

In fact, Fed can space off a bit at times. He wins by psyching opponents out with unparalleled talent, and playing the big points well.

But his drive to win is far from Connors-like.

Betsmoyo
10-24-2004, 06:11 AM
I know that. I meant that hes like connors emotionally not the way he plays or the surfaces he plays.

Betsmoyo
10-24-2004, 06:29 AM
Woah! Thats weird! Roddicks kinda like COnnors, not to much though. The other two are dead on! Thats weird!