PDA

View Full Version : Luxembourg

Betsmoyo
10-24-2004, 10:40 AM
With the absence of the defending champ (clijsters) Suarez is seeded 1 Molik 2. Could this be Moliks second title in a row? I think so and im always right! ;D

Moose
10-26-2004, 02:50 AM
Today in Luxemborg:

7) Eleni Daniilidou (GRE) d. Jill Craybas (USA) 75 61
Marlene Weingartner (GER) d. Anca Barna (GER) 75 57 64
Dinara Safina (RUS) d. (Q) Antonella Serra Zanetti (ITA) 64 60
Tina Pisnik (SLO) d. Virginie Razzano (FRA) 61 61
(Q) Emma Laine (FIN) d. (4) Magdalena Maleeva (BUL) 57 64 63
Anabel Medina Garrigues (ESP) d. Tathiana Garbin (ITA) 62 64
Glad to see Baby sis Dinara pick up a win, though this girl should be far ahead of where she is at with her career. All the Russian girls are smoking her, and I thought when she "debuted" she had more talented than most of the others.
Maleeva suffers a first round loss, and you gotta wonder if twilight time is setting in. These are the kind of surfaces/tournaments where she usually picked up her ranking points.

Moose
10-28-2004, 10:20 AM
ah, Bets. Molik got her big win last week.
Im hoping that somehow Dinara finds her game again - she's got way too much talent to be where she is at in the rankings, and its time for her to take her game up a notch or two.

Moose
10-28-2004, 10:42 PM
Friday A.M. - Dinara is through to the semis:
Dinara Safina (RUS) d. Dally Randriantefy (MAD) 61 64

Should be a great match coming up later on today, with Tatiana Golovin playing Alicia Molik in a quarter. Safina is on the other side of the draw, wouldn't be suprised if she plays the winner of Golovin/Molik in the finals.

Moose
10-29-2004, 05:11 AM
Bets:
Molik defeated Golovin in 3: 3-6 6-4 6-4
You still have Silvia Farina Elia in the mix as well as Annabelle Medina Garrigues. So aside from some up and comers you have 30 year old Farina Elia, who was gonna retire last year, but came back.
Hoping for a Safina/Molik final though.

Moose
10-30-2004, 03:28 AM
Dinara Safina (Russia) beat Anabel Medina Garrigues (Spain) 4-6 6-1 6-2

2-Alicia Molik (Australia) beat 3-Silvia Farina Elia (Italy) 6-2 6-2

Dinara v. Alicia in the final...here's hoping for a good match.
Molik is hanging strong, in her 2 final in two weeks. No sign of fatigue (not based on that score), but Farina Elia was never a great indoor player.

didgeridoo33
10-30-2004, 04:03 AM
Ah shucks! Too bad for Golovin, I really wanted her to win the title. I can't wait till she's a major threat in the top 10. With a third round run at this tourney, she will must likely be moved to around #26 in the rankings. And good luck to Safina! I hope she wins!

3mlm
10-31-2004, 01:50 AM
Does anyone know how many finals Dinara has been in? She has 2 singles titles dont know what they are or when.

Safina won Sopot in 2002 and Palermo in 2003. This is her third final.