PETROVA Nadia RUS (7)
PANOVA Tatiana RUS

FRAZIER Amy USA
VAIDISOVA Nicole CZE (WC)

(Q)
(Q)

BYE
MYSKINA Anastasia RUS (2)

Serena isn't playing but will still qualify for the YEC unless Zvonareva or Capriati wins Philadelphia over Venus in the final with Venus having defeated Raymond, Mauresmo and Sharapova. Venus would then have 2602 points and the winner even more.

Neither Zvonareva or Capriati can get enough points by reaching the final to pass Serena.

Venus can't get enough points to pass Serena unless she wins over those 3 specific players in her draw.

Moose
10-30-2004, 03:24 AM
My home town tournament...and I have to spend the week in Vegas on business. Oh well, be home for the semis and finals.

Not that Venus is one to have difficulty with crowds, but in that regard you couldn't ask for a touger 1st rounder than Raymond. Her family is from Wayne, about 3 minutes from Villanova, where the Advanta is held. The place will be packed with Raymond fans.

Hope Sharapova and Myskina survive til Saturday - I'd like to see them play. Saw Venus earlier this year at the US Open. Saw Amelie win this thing last year.

Doll_Face
11-02-2004, 11:51 PM
Good for Venus and Vera - keep it going all the way to the YEC 8)

Sebastien447
11-03-2004, 05:13 AM
Is Caprifatty showing her age or her love for burgers and fries?

didgeridoo33
11-05-2004, 04:01 AM
(6) Vera Zvonareva (RUS) d. (4) Jennifer Capriati (USA) 60 61

Wooooowwww! What happened there?! GREAT win for Vera! I checked that score on ESPN when I got home and was liek '' Holy crap! Am I reading this right?!''

didgeridoo33
11-05-2004, 05:22 AM
Sharapova def. Molik 3-6, 6-1, 6-3!!!

Hell yes!!! C'mon Maria!!!! ;D

Doll_Face
11-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Venus stunk up the third set - no YEC for her. :(

Best of luck to Nadia and Vera.

Moose
11-05-2004, 09:18 PM
home from Vegas...hope everyone had a great week!

Be at the tournament tonight...looks like I ended up with 2 decent matches. Looking forward to seeing Petrova, have grown to like her a lot this year...and with Vera Z., you never know what will happen.

But I think Amelie and Maria will be fun. That's one I'm really happy that I have tickets for. Just have a feeling that this match could be a battle.

Never saw Molik play, will get the chance tonight since she is playing doubles with local fav Lisa Raymond to cap off the evening.

jimp
11-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Hey Moose....Have a good and enjoy the tennis! The indoor carpet really adds something to the game. Should be fun. How did you do in Vegas?

didgeridoo33
11-05-2004, 11:03 PM
Well, have a great time Moose! :) I have never been to a WTA event, so make sure you tell us all about it later! Oh, and make sure you take pics too (if allowed)! :)

Moose
11-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Hey Moose....Have a good and enjoy the tennis! The indoor carpet really adds something to the game. Should be fun. How did you do in Vegas?

Jimbo:
Its been a nice tournament since they brought it back on the schedule. Got to see Amelie win it last year. Good indoor surface, plays realtviely fast.
Of the four in the semis, I'm most looking forward to seeing Petrova. Think she's the next Russian to be able to spike up in the rankings. Not a huge Sharapova fan, though the eye candy element is fun. If Amelie is into it, she's a great player to watch.

Won $200+ playing craps at Mandalay Bay, would have done better if I had quit about 45 minutes before I did. Really liked Mandalay, they have a shark tank that is out of this world. Stayed at the Bellagio, very nice digs.

Moose
11-06-2004, 12:05 AM
Well, have a great time Moose! :) I have never been to a WTA event, so make sure you tell us all about it later! Oh, and make sure you take pics too (if allowed)! :)

Didge:
Hope you get to an event sometime, always a blast. I get to a day or two of the US Open every year, and then some of Philly. Like getting to the early round, because it is easier to get good seats, and you see some under the radar players, but being away all week prevented that. I"ll be there this evening and tomorrow for the final.

Pictures will be tough...my seats aren't that good this year. I'll see what I can do though.

Doll_Face
11-06-2004, 07:26 AM
Sorry Moose, but Maria pulled out due to a shoulder injury. The Nadia / Vera match should be a good one.

I met Nadia at last year's event. She's really cool.

Have fun!

Moose
11-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Shame about Amelie and Masha, yes. But Petrova/Zvonereva was a fun match.
Vera was all over Nadia for the first set, smacking some real pretty winners. Seemed to have her game and her head fully under control.
But, as I was hoping (sorry) she ended up in partial meltdown mode in the 2nd set. She was up 5-2, and then, it seemed as if her head went south. The crowd really got behind Petrova, and Vera wasn't happy about it at all. Started hitting some really awful shots, spraying them all over. At 5-4, she threw her racket and started screaming at herself. This seemed to motivate the crowd even more, and there was a lot of applause for Nadia as she got the set to 5-5.
Vera got back on track though, match went to a tiebreak and it was all Zvonereva then. Didn't know Vera could smack aces as well as she does - the serve was sharp in the tiebreak, she landed 4 aces in the tiebreak alone.
Very entertaining match, even though I was pulling for Petrova.
Heading back over shortly to catch the finals.

Moose
11-07-2004, 08:45 AM
Entertaining, but very streaky final. Each of them had times when they were very sharp, and times when they were completely off their game.
Vera came out strong, and looked like Amelie didn't have it in her. Some great serving by Vera in the first set.
Amelie just got tougher as the match went on, though. Even though her serve is a little on the odd side (strange motion, but I remember hearing it is due to her shoulder injuries), its strong, and she goes wide a lot. Vera just couldn't reach a lot of her serves.
After Vera got broken early in the third set, you had a feeling the match was over (it was at Mauresmo 1-2 in the third, then MoMo broke to go 1-3).
Vera was pulling a good number of Kimmies in the third set, must have been 3-4 of the splits.

The doubles final was also very entertaining, and the corwd loved the match. It was home-towner Lisa Raymond, playing with Molik, against Lizel Huber and Corina Morariu...crowd showed a lot of love for Corina, even though they were pulling for Lisa. First time I had a chance to see Corina play, was glad I got the chance to. As well as she played, looks like she has recovered well from the cancer. Raymond and Molik won 7-5, 6-4.