PDA

View Full Version : Paris

Sebastien447
10-29-2004, 08:23 AM
I love Coria, best drop-shot in the game today. I was absolutely enthralled watching him at RG. He just worked Moya, like I've only seen Agassi do to Carlos.

But he's so slight of frame ... and just plain skinny on top of that. I'd like to see him hit the weightroom and bulk up a little. That tiny body is just unable to withstand the grind of the tour ... I mean, what is the guy, 150 Lbs ringing wet?

Sebastien447
10-29-2004, 08:45 AM
He is really fun to watch RG finals was one of the best if not the best match this year.

can't believe you said that Bets ... that match was a sham! I was sitting in my Latin Qtr hotel room gaggin on my wine! Coria threw the match, for whatever reason ... the guy tanked and tried to say it was "cramping." I've seen plenty of guys cramp, and that match had nothing to do with cramp one. One of the most bizarre matches that I've ever seen.

Sebastien447
10-29-2004, 09:03 AM
What I'm saying is that there was no evidence at all that Coria was cramping. From what I saw, along with interviews that I read in L'Equipe from fans in the stands ... people were completely befuddled and outraged. There is something fishy with that match I'm tellin ya.

And it was not a great match. Gaudio was outclassed for the first two sets. Coria worked him. Then Coria stopped playing. I was having Safin flashbacks! Coria gave a bit in the fifth to try to make it look good. That's all.

I believe Coria tanked, and I always will.

Sebastien447
10-29-2004, 09:18 AM
I think he got hurt somehow maybe not cramps but something. It was still a really entertaining match.

Why do you think Coria was "hurt?" What do you base that belief upon Bets?

And did you really find the third and fourth sets to be "entertaining" ... IMO, a ballperson could have done a lot better.

Sebastien447
10-29-2004, 11:06 AM
The nerves didn't matter too much until Gaudio woke up and started to play. I think Coria probably felt just physically ill from nerves.

Nice try, but Coria was schooling Gaudio in set one and two (when any "nerves" would have the most affect) ... and it was embarassing for Gaudio. L'Equipe quoted fans saying that Gaudio was dejected, brutalized by the crowd, who felt themselves cheated out of a worthy final.

Coria tanked that match, and it was amazing and sickening to watch. Coria decided to give the match to Gaudio. Too bad for us. Sets three and four ... I would have rather been pounding my head vs. wall (and at times I was).

I was out the door for set five ... the latin quarter beats the hell out of that shit

Sebastien447
10-30-2004, 12:34 AM
You said yourself sebs you were enthralled by the RG finals. You gotta admit the mens was WAY better than the womens. That was just sad i felt so bad for Elena. She blew it but since then shes learned. At least the USO wasnt as emberassingly miserable of a loss.

didn't say that Bets and you know it ... said I was enthralled by the tennis he brought to Moya. Carlos was red hot coming into the FO, and I was way psyched to have tix. But Coria just worked him. It was probably the best I've ever seen a guy play live. Then to watch Guillermo just throw away the final like that just made me sick. And, as for being better than the women's final, just about every match ever played at RG was better than that piece of crap, so I guess it would have to be.

@ PJ, I did watch the fifth set replayed later that evening ... Coria just started to make it look a little better, instead of wandering around like some zombie. And btw, the Eurosport commentators agreed with me. Coria was tanking. You'd have to ask Guillermo why.

Sebastien447
10-30-2004, 10:05 PM
Does anyone know what happened to Rafa? Seriously this is driving me crazy! His site is down and i need to know!

He's been sassing his parents.

Has been sent to his room until further notice.

pepper
11-02-2004, 06:09 PM
Tim beat Andy in the semis here last year, in 2 tie-break sets. I was there cheering for him ;D . So he would have a reasonable chance of repeating I think, but I'm not sure he will actually get there (especially if Novak beats Youzhny).

With regard to legs, we really need Nike to bin these horrible baggy shorts and devise something a bit more attractive. I'm not advocating a return to the McEnroe/Becker versions (so tight it looked painful), but there must be something much better. Addidas seem to have a baggy and a normal version of shorts, and their top players (Henners, Safin) seem to prefer the latter. Come on Nike, get your act together ;)

Sebastien447
11-03-2004, 05:27 AM
pepper, pourquoi √©tais-tu √* Paris pour le tournoi l'ann√©e pass√©e? T'y habites?

didgeridoo33
11-03-2004, 05:38 AM
Psh, ya guys want the best legs in the game? Look at Roddick's, of course! This guy has it all! :o

didgeridoo33
11-03-2004, 09:54 AM
He has a really nice body, but I don't think his face is that attractive. It's not bad.

didgeridoo33
11-04-2004, 04:10 AM
Who are you talking about Didgerrido? Rafa or Roger?

I was talking about Rafa when I said he had a hot bod but an average face. You are right, Roger is def. hot. But I still like Andy better than anyone else. He is the complete package for me! ;D

3mlm
11-04-2004, 10:33 AM
It would be nice for F-Lo to win.

OK, now, we're talking about a good-looking player.

3mlm
11-04-2004, 11:12 AM
He is gorgeous but his ATP official phot is ugly.

That's true but his other photos reveal a guy who's almost too pretty.

And he has a nice game.

didgeridoo33
11-05-2004, 05:20 AM
Let's see some hot shirtless F-Lo pics, eh Bets?! ;)