PDA

View Full Version : French Open 2005

Sebastien447
11-23-2004, 01:19 AM
I voted Coria. He just chewed everyone up last year, until the Final that I don't want to talk about. If he's healty, he's the best in the world on clay. His dropper is just deadly, best drop shot in tennis.

Sebastien447
11-23-2004, 01:50 AM
Who would you like to see in the final with Coria?

Gasquet ;)

3mlm
11-23-2004, 02:02 AM
I voted Coria. He just chewed everyone up last year, until the Final that I don't want to talk about. If he's healty, he's the best in the world on clay. His dropper is just deadly, best drop shot in tennis.

Ditto, Seb, that's the right answer 8)

Sebastien447
11-23-2004, 02:14 AM
Ditto, Seb, that's the right answer 8)

"Lisa Nines" think alike! ;)

jimp
11-23-2004, 02:25 AM
Coria! I picked him way before last years FO. Interesting to see if he has any baggage after last year's final.

kittens25
11-25-2004, 02:05 AM
I picked Federer. He is my first hope since if he has won the Australian, I would like to see him take some pressure off himself for the year-end #1, if he hasnt won the Australian he needs it to put himself in contention for the year-end #1.

If he didnt I would like Moya. He seems like a nice guy and he deserves another slam since he has remained a contender over many years.

Sebastien447
11-25-2004, 10:56 PM
If he didnt I would like Moya. He seems like a nice guy and he deserves another slam since he has remained a contender over many years.

hey kitten, welcome to TAT! I don't think Moya can beat Coria on clay. If you remember last FO Moya came in red hot and was working everyone until he ran into Coria and was destroyed. I was at RG for that match and was really psyched to have tix, expecting a monster match, 5 setter ... but Moya had no chance. Coria is so amazingly fast, really cool to watch him live on clay ... and that dropper was so deadly sweet.

and, as far as Fed winning the FO, doesn't have the mindset to win 7 best of fives on the red. It's gotta be Coria, unless he decides to tank the final again.

Moose
11-27-2004, 02:50 AM
For some strange reason, I think a healthy Nalbandian might sneak through and win at RG. I've kinda given up hope for El Mago, some people just don't have a Slam in them. Ferraro needs time to rebuild, would love to see Moya, but have big doubts. Think Feliciano is another year away from a Slam (but he will get one). Joachim and Rafi are also a little away.

3mlm
11-27-2004, 12:09 PM
For some strange reason, I think a healthy Nalbandian might sneak through and win at RG. I've kinda given up hope for El Mago, some people just don't have a Slam in them. Ferraro needs time to rebuild, would love to see Moya, but have big doubts. Think Feliciano is another year away from a Slam (but he will get one). Joachim and Rafi are also a little away.

Well, there's the rub. A healthy Nalbandian. How long since we've seen that and since then he's lost a bit of fitness as well.

I'd love for Feliciano to win a slam but I think there's a lot more fitness and style between him and a slam than Coria or even Joachim or Rafi though I never expect Joachim to win Roland Garros nor Rafi to win Wimbledon.

And, we're probably looking for an underachieving Federer for any of those three to win a slam at all.

I'd say Federer is the favorite at the AO, Wimbledon and the USO next year, unless Safin and/or Roddick start playing a lot better than they did in the YEC.

But should Federer falter, there's Roddick, Safin, Moya, Hewitt, Coria and etc ready to take advantage.

Sebastien447
11-27-2004, 10:21 PM
By they way.....why would you want Coria to face Gasquet in the final? Would that ensure him a win?

I've been following Gasquet for a long time ... he has a sweet one-hand backhand and I love seeing that!

Kirkus
11-28-2004, 07:50 AM
With the question being who would I like to win... Of course I vote for Other. Andy's still my guy.

With that said, I think Roger is going to make Tennis history in '05. I think he's going to absolutely kick ass! And i think RG is going to be his.

It's going to be a fun year! Let's get going already!!!

Doll_Face
11-29-2004, 11:52 PM
I voted for Coria. I felt so bad for him playing injured during the final last year. Aww - he cried :'(

But, I would love to see Guga back in top form. What a sweet backhand and certainly he's a cutie pie.

Sebastien447
11-30-2004, 03:59 AM
I felt so bad for him playing injured during the final last year.

what injury ???

Sebastien447
11-30-2004, 04:06 AM
With that said, I think Roger is going to make Tennis history in '05.

Would said "tennis history" happen to involve a couple words, one beginning with a G and the other an S?

He's already made tennis history in my book. His 04 was one of the top 5 greatest years of all time on the ATP! An incredibly special year, but he'll be fortunate to win two majors in 05.

Moose
11-30-2004, 09:40 PM
Hey Moose, I just noticed your caption: "USO 2005- Kim captures the Grand Slam"

That's a nice thought!

Thanks PJVA - yeah, nice thought, but...
Ohh, to see Kimba and F-Lo dance the first dance at the ball, celebrating their first slam titles together.

Kirkus
12-04-2004, 10:22 AM
Would said "tennis history" happen to involve a couple words, one beginning with a G and the other an S?

He's already made tennis history in my book. His 04 was one of the top 5 greatest years of all time on the ATP! An incredibly special year, but he'll be fortunate to win two majors in 05.

No. I'm not sure he'll ever win a GS. It's just so damned hard to do. I just see him going into '05 riding high on his '04 wave.

Sebastien447
12-04-2004, 10:50 AM
I just see him going into '05 riding high on his '04 wave.

And what happens to every wave?