PDA

View Full Version : Latest Kim news

Moose
12-12-2004, 09:49 AM
from her diary on her website:

Kim's Diary
Recovery mainly 02-12-2004

Sorry it took me so long to tell some more about myself. Im doing fine though. My wrist still calls for a lot of attention and care and I can use my time to spend it well.

My wrist still is a crucial part of my everyday life: loads of physio and recovery exercises. Upto now, everything goes according to plan. But in two weeks time, I need to see the doctors again and only then will I find out about the real progress. For the time being, we don't set a date yet and we'll wait until everything is healed completely.

I can't really complain about my shape, which I maintain with squash and running in the woods or in the gym ... so no worries there.

I do have a bit more spare time now and have already been Christmas shopping a lot. And I've been to the concerts of Natalia and DJ Tiƫsto at the Ethias Arena, both really cool. And then there will be Clouseau soon...

See you!
Kim

Sebastien447
12-12-2004, 10:10 AM
I can't really complain about my shape, which I maintain with squash

does she mean the sport or the food ???

::)

Sebastien447
12-13-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm serious! How could she play squash with that wrist?

She must be into the legumes!

3mlm
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
I'm serious! How could she play squash with that wrist?

She must be into the legumes!

Maybe she doesn't use a two handed backhand in squash. It's her left wrist that's bad, not her right.

Moose
12-13-2004, 09:55 PM
Squash is a one-handed sport, so she shouldn't have any problem on the court. Great game, fast-paced. I play at least once a week.
Gotta be good for her conditioning to be playing squash as well, its a lot of stop and starting motions, and plyometric exercises are probably the most valuable training tools for a tennis player.

Sebastien447
12-13-2004, 11:46 PM
is that the game with the long funny looking racket ???

Moose
12-14-2004, 09:34 PM
Australian Open hope for Clijsters
14/12/2004

Kim Clijsters has been given the all-clear on her wrist injury and could be taking part in next month's Australian Open.

The former world number one has been plagued by the injury for the past nine months. Two previous attempts to return this season have failed.

However, a visit to her doctor on Saturday has resulted in good news at last.

"The rehabilitation of her wrist is proceeding perfectly and Kim has now left her bandage in the cloakroom," a progress report on her official website said.

Doctors have recommended that the Belgian does not start rolling her wrist immediately but she will be resuming training at the start of January.

This should give her time to get back into shape for the first grand slam of the season, beginning on January 17th.

"If all goes to plan she will be able to decide whether to participate in the Australian Open," the website added.

The 21-year-old was not on the entry list for Melbourne when it was published last week but could still apply for a wildcard if she recovers in time.

http://www.dehavilland.co.uk/webhost.asp?wci=default&wcp=EntertainmentStoryPage &ItemID=7318090&ServiceID=8&filterid=345221&search id=234672&category=4

Well, she's gotten clearance from the doctors, and the brace is off. All GREAT news. But I"m still thinking she skips Australia, stays home, gets healthy and back into peak shape, and returns in February.
Clay is probably the best surface for her to return on, anyway (though Proximus is, I believe, an indoor carpet/hardcourt surface). Still, clay will partially take away from the impact of a hard hit ball, and make things a little easier on her wrist.

I, personally, can't wait for her to get back on the court. She's currently my favorite female athlete, and I really want to see her playing tough, winning tournaments, and flashing that gorgeous smile again...and I want some SPLITS!