PDA

View Full Version : Exhibition

didgeridoo33
12-17-2004, 10:51 PM
Jen and Maria are actually friends.

didgeridoo33
12-17-2004, 11:31 PM
Really? What'd Jen say? Was it at Wimby?

didgeridoo33
12-17-2004, 11:39 PM
Yea, I agree with you. Although she has an injury, she sstill coulda played. It's not like it's some huge match or anything. When Mardy and Andy played an Exhibition the otherday, Mardy hurt his wrist, yet he still played. C'mon, Jen!! What's wrong with you?!

didgeridoo33
12-17-2004, 11:50 PM
LOL!!

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 02:02 AM
Damn you two are brutal! :o

I'm not much of a Caprifatty fan but the poor girl is probably injured and I'm sure she'd play if she could. She's still going to be there, so at least she's not ducking the event to go hang out on the beach.

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 02:35 AM
I don't know about the Mardy thing, but I don't think it's a very good idea to ever play with a serious injury.

And I don't think people would care to watch Cappy lobbing the ball around with a bum shoulder. People go to exhibitions to watch world class tennis, not some gimp.

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 02:43 AM
How do you know why people go to exhibitions?

Have you taken a poll or something???

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 03:04 AM
Of course an exhibition isn't the same as a tourney match. But I'm willing to bet that the majority of people who pay money to see two world-class tennis players, are expecting to see some pretty great tennis, and not some patty cake match. In some ways exhibitions are capable of producing even better tennis than one sees at a tourney. Sure there's nothing at stake, but that just means that the players can swing free and really go for it since the pressure's off. They're usually very showy matches. Players are out there to show off their stuff.

Anyone paying to see two world class tennis players play a tennis match is expecting to see world class tennis ... just a hunch ;)