PDA

View Full Version : JHH

Sebastien447
12-01-2004, 07:02 AM
Justine is just so tiny and frail looking ... reminds me of a female version of Coria.

They need to hit the weights and bulk up a bit. Those frail frames will continue to have problems with the grind of the tour IMO.

Sebastien447
12-01-2004, 09:29 AM
Justine:

Height 5'5 3/4'' (1.67 m)
Weight 126 lbs. (57 kg)

Guillermo:

Height: 5'10'' (177 cm)
Weight: 150 lbs (68 kg)

OK ... for a woman, Justine is not as much of a pipsqueek as Coria, but she's still a bit slight of build. I don't know where you're seeing those "built" legs bets. Justine is a rail.

Moose
12-01-2004, 10:16 AM
and the Kimster, as those glorious splits have shown has quads that have been kissed by the gods!

Sebastien447
12-02-2004, 01:32 AM
I succumb to the visual evidence ... I guess her legs are rather built

but she does have a slight frame and she is proving sickly

what's the word on Kimmy's wrist?

3mlm
12-03-2004, 12:47 PM
I succumb to the visual evidence ... I guess her legs are rather built

but she does have a slight frame and she is proving sickly

what's the word on Kimmy's wrist?

I don't know much about Clijster's wrist problem. But JHH's virus problem could prove much worse.

JHH is having problems with cytomegalovirus. Most of us (80%) have had it (just like mononucleosis) but we didn't notice. However, for some folks, especially folks with immune system problems, it can be really tough and long lasting - years long. In fact, like any other herpes virus, it never goes away.

Let's hope we see Clijsters, Henin-Hardenne, Serena and Venus playing good tennis next year. Maybe even Hingis will return.

Sebastien447
12-16-2004, 08:49 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=1947580

I hope she does well.

I do too ... but what was the final word on her illness? Did they ever really diagnose the thing ... it has always seemed like such a big mystery.

Maybe I'm just missing something here ???

Moose
12-16-2004, 09:15 AM
is it just me, or does anyone else think JHH is really unsportsmanlike? I liked her when she was first coming up, but I started to turn with the FO incident against Serena...then the bad call in the 3rd set against Kim at last year's AO. I appreciate a warrior mentality, but I think Justine's is more "win at any cost".

Sebastien447
12-16-2004, 09:29 AM
is it just me, or does anyone else think JHH is really unsportsmanlike? I liked her when she was first coming up, but I started to turn with the FO incident against Serena...then the bad call in the 3rd set against Kim at last year's AO. I appreciate a warrior mentality, but I think Justine's is more "win at any cost".

Okay, she made a mistake in the heat of battle with the "FO incident."

But I still love her tennis psyche! I love it! It's a war out there! Damn right win at any cost, within the framework of the rules. That's why she has been so successfull! It certainly isn't due to her overpowering physical presence.

I hate pansy-ass tennis. Every time a player gives away a point because of a bad call, I puke.

Sebastien447
12-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Oh lordy! Where are all my posts from TOB about JH-H.

I was thinking the same thing about myself ...

you and I kirkus, should we tangle again on this front :-*

Moose
12-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Glad to hear it isn't just me. Aside from the radical Venuts, most peeps speak highly of Justine. I respect her play, and I love the backhand, but I just can't like her at all. Feel the same way about the Capster.

Moose
12-16-2004, 09:37 AM
Okay, she made a mistake in the heat of battle with the "FO incident."

But she made a similar "mistake" at the 2004 AO - 3rd set, Kim would have been up 5-4. But Justine motions a ball that is in as being out, and gets the official, who couldn't even see the ball, to give her an overrule. That was just plain wrong.

Sebastien447
12-16-2004, 09:56 AM
But she made a similar "mistake" at the 2004 AO - 3rd set, Kim would have been up 5-4. But Justine motions a ball that is in as being out, and gets the official, who couldn't even see the ball, to give her an overrule. That was just plain wrong.

I ... can't :-X

say what I want :-X

friendly board ;)

3mlm
12-16-2004, 10:02 AM
I do too ... but what was the final word on her illness? Did they ever really diagnose the thing ... it has always seemed like such a big mystery.

Maybe I'm just missing something here ???

She was diagnosed in April, I think, with cytomegalovirus, a herpes virus which, unfortunately, like all herpes viruses, never goes completely away.

Like chicken pox, it can come back to haunt you whenever your immune system is compromised.

Most people have had it but, just like mononucleosis, most of us never notice it as anything more than a cold or flu. Other people get really sick.

Some British tennis guy got it and was laid low for three years.

About 80% of all adults have antibodies for herpes simplex, chicken pox (at least before the vaccine), mononucleosis and cytomegalovirus but most of us don't know it.

Sebastien447
12-16-2004, 10:37 AM
Oh yeah, cytomegolotropolisvirus

I HATE when that happens!

3mlm
12-16-2004, 11:52 AM
I guess its split. Im w/Sebs. I love her attitude on the court. She treats it as her job and she plays with a professional almost cold demeanor. She is so into it. This may be a far stretch but her attitude reminds me of Steffi. Steffi wasnt quite as edgey but she was just as professional and serious. I love it. Thats what Andy needs, some professional demeanor on court.

I don't think Roddick's demeanor on court is that bad. Certainly not in a class with Connors, McEnroe or Nastase.

I'm sure you've seen the match where Connors yells at the umpire, "You're an abortion!" And more than once. (They show it whenever there's a rain delay at the USO.)

Roddick has never reached that level for sure.

The problem for Roddick is that it doesn't help him. McEnroe and Connors used yelling at umpires to pump up their games and it worked. Roddick loses focus and the match.

3mlm
12-16-2004, 02:49 PM
When he first hired Brad that professional attitude was there but now its not bad by any stnadards. It needs improvement and he is starting to challenge too many calls and get a little annoying but he lacks that attitude. ANyway this belongs on another thread.

Hey, if he could make it work for him like McEnroe or Connors, I'd say go for it!

McEnroe would curse out the chair ump and then go out and win the match. Roddick, a bit like Safin, curses out the calls and then loses the match. No way, Jose, win the match.

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 06:06 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/tennis/news/story?id=1949056
This is bad. Its looking worse and worse for Justine.

How d'ya figure ???

Sebastien447
12-18-2004, 07:18 AM
It was an exhibition ... weren't you just telling me they didn't matter? ;)

As long as we don't hear anything about her getting sick again ... I'll be happy. The WTA needs her!