PDA

View Full Version : Fed Cup

Moose
11-17-2004, 10:30 AM
I just read that Forget picked Emelie Loit to replace Momo, Bets. Your story has him picking Bartoli.
Think a team with Pierce, Golovin and Dechy, plus either Loit or Bartoli can beat the Spaniards, but without Mauresmo, don't think there is a chance that France can beat Russia for the title.

3mlm
11-17-2004, 10:57 AM
I just read that Forget picked Emelie Loit to replace Momo, Bets. Your story has him picking Bartoli.
Think a team with Pierce, Golovin and Dechy, plus either Loit or Bartoli can beat the Spaniards, but without Mauresmo, don't think there is a chance that France can beat Russia for the title.

Three top 11 players and a top 4 doubles team. Might even be doubtful with Mauresmo.

3mlm
11-27-2004, 12:14 PM
I thought that the fatigue factor would begin to plague Kuznetsova in the Fed Cup Semis and Finals and Dechy did win their only previous match at the Gold Cup earlier this year.

Still, though, I see Russia winning the Fed Cup final this year.

3mlm
11-28-2004, 12:32 AM
Russia won the Fed Cup final but it was a lot closer than I expected. Good play by Golovin and Dechy. Great play by Myskina winning all three of her matches!

R1 - N.DECHY (FRA) def. S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) 36 76(4) 86
R2 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) def. T.GOLOVIN (FRA) 64 76(5)
R3 - A.MYSKINA (RUS) def. N.DECHY (FRA) 63 64
R4 - T.GOLOVIN (FRA) def. S.KUZNETSOVA (RUS) 64 61
R5 - A. MYSKINA/ V.ZVONAREVA (RUS) def. M.BARTOLI / E.LOIT (FRA) 76 75