PDA

View Full Version : IW Mens Suicide Pool - Day 5

Moose
03-14-2005, 10:38 AM
shtexas, 3mlm and I all lived through Day 4, and we're waiting on Agassi to see if Sebs will join us.

Here's Day 5 Mens Order of Play
M Llodra (FRA) vs (2)L Hewitt (AUS)
(1)R Federer (SUI) vs G Muller (LUX)
(4)M Safin (RUS) vs (30)T Dent (USA)

Stadium 2 start 10:00 AM
(24)F Lopez (ESP) vs F Santoro (FRA)
(7)C Moya (ESP) vs D Ferrer (ESP)
(22)J Chela (ARG) vs (14)G Canas (ARG)
P Mathieu (FRA) vs J Hernych (CZE)
T Berdych (CZE) vs (13)I Ljubicic (CRO)

Moose
03-14-2005, 10:39 AM
While his performances lately have baffled me, I'm going to go with Carlos Moya.

shtexas
03-14-2005, 10:45 AM
By process of elimination, and in honor of Moose's picture, I will go with Feliciano Lopez to handle the always dangerous Santoro.

Go, Feliciano!

Sebastien447
03-14-2005, 10:47 AM
If Agassi wins ...

Hewitt

3mlm
03-14-2005, 10:49 AM
Ljubicic.

I see no one wants to touch the Chela/Canas match or Hernych/Mathieu.

Moose
03-14-2005, 10:54 AM
By process of elimination, and in honor of Moose's picture, I will go with Feliciano Lopez to handle the always dangerous Santoro.

Go, Feliciano!

Thanks shtexas. I"ll return the favor if Schett returns to the game someday.

Man, Santoro scares me. I wanted to pick Feliciano, but Santoro is my category of players with Jarkko N. and Sargis Sargisan...always capable of pulling out big wins against those #10-20 players.

But believe me, I'll be cheering at the live scoreboard for you to make it to Day 6. I want Feliciano to do well here, especially now that his NEMESIS, Pim Pim, is out. He'd get the winner of Moya/Ferrer in the round of 16, and then waht appears to be a suddenly beatable Roddick in the 1/4s.

shtexas
03-14-2005, 11:01 AM
Feliciano is a risky choice. So was Robredo. They are both relatively young players with some uneven results, but I keep expecting them to make big breakthroughs.

Moose
03-14-2005, 11:08 AM
I've always loved the Spanish guys.
Correjta was my favorite ATP'er for some time, and then Moya took that slot.
I was big on Tommy R. for some time, but he just seemed to let me down all the time.
Then I caught Feliciano when I was at last year's US Open, and totally fell for his style of play. Love that monster lefty serve, and he's not afraid to come into the net. The backhand needs some work, that's what keeps him from the Top 10.
I still give him some time...but clay season won't help him, he's one of the few members of the Armada that doesn't seem to have a great clay game.

shtexas
03-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I'm a left-hander, so I have always been partial to lefties. Even Patty Schnyder and her wild ride.

It's funny to see there is a Spaniard that has a better shot at doing well at Wimbledon than at Roland Garros.

catz33
03-14-2005, 12:46 PM
Great job guys,

Keep up the good picks..I am having fun tracking while toasting in the losers lounge.

Jcap is a bit chatty but I will just wear a Serena hat tomorrow to shut her up!! Hehehehehehe! :D

Moose
03-14-2005, 09:29 PM
I'm a left-hander, so I have always been partial to lefties. Even Patty Schnyder and her wild ride..
Another commonality, shtexas. Yeah, I completely feel you on Patty S - gotta love the leftys. Being one, I always paid closer attention to them to look for keys to improving my play.

It's funny to see there is a Spaniard that has a better shot at doing well at Wimbledon than at Roland Garros.
IMHO, the best Wimby match of all time featured a Spaniard - Arantxa's match vs. Steffi, that had the infamous point.

Moose
03-15-2005, 03:44 AM
sorry, shtexas.

Guess Feliciano makes a better avatar than tennis player.

shtexas
03-15-2005, 08:55 AM
I have a few choice words for Feliciano. >:(