PDA

View Full Version : Miami women's suicide pool day 2

shtexas
03-23-2005, 11:13 AM
We lost 4 on day 1. I was out within the first hour, followed by jimp, doll and catz.

Stadium: 11:00 AM Start

2. Sandra Kloesel (GER) Q vs. Kim Clijsters (BEL)
4. Dally Randriantefy (MAD) vs. Jewel Peterson (USA) Q

Stadium: 7:00 PM Start

1. Katarina Srebotnik (SLO) vs. Nicole Vaidisova (CZE)

Grandstand: 11:00 AM Start

1. Jessica Kirkland (USA) WC vs. Akiko Morigami (JPN)
3. Mashona Washington (USA) vs. Lisa Raymond (USA)
5. Angela Haynes (USA) WC vs. Mariana Diaz-Oliva (ARG) Q

Court 1: 10:00 AM Start

2. Neha Uberoi (USA) WC vs. Galina Voskoboeva (RUS) Q
4. Ana Ivanovic (SCG) vs. Laura Granville (USA) Q

Court 2: 10:00 AM Start

1. Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Maria Kirilenko (RUS)
3. Viktoriya Kutuzova (UKR) WC vs. Virginia Ruano Pascual (ESP)

Court 3: 10:00 AM Start

2. Arantxa Parra Santonja (ESP) vs. Anna Tatishvili (GEO) WC
4. Barbora Strycova (CZE) vs. Petra Mandula (HUN)

Court 6: 10:00 AM Start

1. Martina Sucha (SVK) vs. Evgenia Linetskaya (RUS)
2. Maria Vento-Kabchi (VEN) vs. Claudine Schaul (LUX)

Court 7: 10:00 AM Start

2. Tatiana Perebiynis (UKR) vs. Marta Marrero (ESP)
4. Sania Mirza (IND) WC vs. Maria Sanchez Lorenzo (ESP)

dryrunguy
03-23-2005, 11:30 AM
Linetskaya for me!

Dry

Moose
03-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm with Bets - Perebiynis

3mlm
03-23-2005, 01:19 PM
Sania Mirza

Lone-star
03-23-2005, 10:02 PM
Kirkland

Sebastien447
03-23-2005, 10:36 PM
never seen either play ...

but I'm taking Parra Santonja over the unranked Tatishvili

3mlm
03-23-2005, 11:19 PM
never seen either play ...

but I'm taking Parra Santonja over the unranked Tatishvili

This is Tatishvili's first WTA match. She just turned 15 in February and is the first player born in the 90's to participate in a WTA event that I've seen.

shtexas
03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
I read a blurb on tennis x that said Chris Evert has had a hand in Tatishvili's training.

Lone-star
03-24-2005, 03:50 AM
:'( One foot in the loser's lounge.

Moose
03-24-2005, 05:08 AM
Perebiynis pulled thorugh in the third for me and Bets...but I am in big trouble on the mens side with Sarge.

dryrunguy
03-24-2005, 07:48 AM
shtexas, re: Evert having a hand in Tatishvili's development... Is that a good thing? Evert was very sound technically, very strategic in her thinking, but she also struck me as very narrow-minded, like there was really only one way to do things, one way to look at the game. She never embraced the power game of the Williams sisters, but yet she seemed to think that Lindsay's power game was ok. I never knew what to make of it.

Well, anyway, was just curious if we thought that was a good thing.

Dry

jimp
03-24-2005, 09:19 AM
shtexas, re: Evert having a hand in Tatishvili's development... Is that a good thing? Evert was very sound technically, very strategic in her thinking, but she also struck me as very narrow-minded, like there was really only one way to do things, one way to look at the game. She never embraced the power game of the Williams sisters, but yet she seemed to think that Lindsay's power game was ok. I never knew what to make of it.

Well, anyway, was just curious if we thought that was a good thing.

Dry
hey dry you're right, chris was very sound technically & strategic. when she was playing there was only one way to play the game, and she did it well. with a wood racquet as well! there was only one way to do things until martina nav came along and chris stepped up and then down! i think she likes what she sees in the ws, but she is still chris with the wood racqet beating up on everyone.

shtexas
03-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I think it is a good thing having Evert aboard. She knows things have changed. When they mentioned in the later 90's that Hingis played like her, Chris was quick to point out how much more versatile Hingis played - hitting any shot from any spot on the court - something Chris could not do (and did not need to do to win). I don't know about this young lady, but most of the youngsters seem to come with power; they just need to learn how to use it.

Also, I don't know how involved Evert is anyway.