PDA

View Full Version : FO Suicide Pool Picks/Results Thread

Moose
05-22-2005, 11:06 PM
rather than "overthread" our contest folder, I'll post mens and womens pool results under this thread here, for everyone to follow, and to make fun of those being chased off to the Loser's Lounge!

As always, once your red, your dead, Ahmed!

MENS POOL:

BETS: Sanguinetti - Massu

DOLL: Ferrer - Lopez

SEBS: Gasquet - Davydanko - Gaudio - Haas - Ferrer - Canas- Nalbandian

MOOSE: Malisse - Keifer - Moya - Haas - Ferrer- Robredo- Nalbandian

GERNASERNA: Novak - Massu

DRY: Hrbaty

3MLM: Berdych - Johansson - Ferrer - Haas - Moya - Robredo - Nalbandia

SHTEXAS: Ferrer - Davydanko - Moya - Mathieu - Gaudio - Robredo - Nalbandian

SPICEMAN: Almagro - Melzer - Gasquet - Ferraro - Grossjean - Puerta - Nalbandian

PETERSKAN: Novak - Davydanko - Gasquet - Ferraro - Moya - Canas - Nalbandian

CATZ33: Stepanek - Kuerten

KOKO: Hrbaty

Since Moose isn't around, I'll add some color.

Moose
05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
WOMENS POOL RESULTS

BETS: Kirilenko

DOLL: Hantuchova - Ivanovic - Razzano - Golovin - Schnyder - Dechy

MOOSE: Kostanic - Koukalova - Pierce - Golovin - Loit

DRY: Diaz Oliva - Vaidisova - Likhovsteva - Dulko

3MLM: Peng - Ivanovic - Razzano - Dulko

SHTEXAS: Zvonereva - Golovin - Pierce - Ivanovic - Schnyder - Dechy

SEBS: Likhosteva - Vaidisova - Davenport - Petrova - Williams

SPICEMAN: Loit - Dechy - Zvonereva - Dulko

PETERSKAN: Zuluaga - Dechy - Dementieva -
Ivanovic - Schnyder - Kuznetsova - Petrova

CATZ33: Peng - Jidkova

KOKO: Likhosteva - Dulko - Sprem

GERNASERNA: Chladkova

PeterSkan
05-23-2005, 03:50 AM
Not red, yet - Novak's taking control of his match. And Zulu - way to go: maybe I should have saved her for a deeper round, she was smokin' today!

Almost picked Pavel, and then Rochus for Day 1 - but then I discovered what lousy red clay results they have, Close call! I was leaning toward Stepanek, knowing what a disaster Paradorn is on clay, so Jiri better not let me down!.

PeterSkan
05-23-2005, 03:53 AM
DRY's gotta be hurtin' after the Hrbaty upset. I took a long look at that one, too, then figured he might be a safe bet for Day 3. Next thing you know, he's toasted after a 4-hour marathon.

Too bad.

dryrunguy
05-24-2005, 05:53 AM
No, no, no... Hrbaty is the one who is going to be hurting by the time I'm through with him.

Hrbaty is toast.

There were SO MANY good choices in that group, though. Almagro was a pretty sure bet, Henman was a sure bet but I stayed away because of his SF result last year, Vicente was a sure thing, Berdych was a good choice, Malisse was a good choice, Stepanek, Mantilla... And I had to go with Hrbaty.

Dry

shtexas
05-24-2005, 06:13 AM
I thought Hrbaty was a good choice for day 1. He was my second choice. At the last minute I switched to Ferrer, because I remembered that Hrbaty has had some inexplicable losses in the past.

Moose
05-24-2005, 08:39 AM
sort of suprised, as a group we are doing better with the women than the men - I've always believed the women were ahrder to predict early, because there are only so few worth saving for week 2.

Moose
05-26-2005, 04:17 AM
man, Dulko took out 3 of our 8 remaining players on the Womens side today...ouch!

dryrunguy
05-26-2005, 05:48 AM
Double-fault Dulko... Guess she's been training with Kournikova and Dementieva on the side and picked up some bad habits. I KNEW I should have gone with Llagostera Vives. Dagnabit!

Dry

Moose
05-27-2005, 11:09 PM
and after only 6 days and 3 rounds, we have a winner on the Womens Side - Peterskan!

Doll_Face
05-27-2005, 11:52 PM
Congrats, SkanCan [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

I hope you keep it going. Good luck!