PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Peterskan - Winner of FO Womens Pool

Moose
05-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Way to go, P. Our northern neighbor has been well represented.
I'll keep posting matches for you to continue through the Tournament, if you'd like to play it out - we're still waiting for someone to make it through the entire Tournament in one of these things.

As to the rest of us, another stellar performance in a Suicide Pool...our combined bar tab in the Losers Lounge must be higher than the national debt.

Doll_Face
05-27-2005, 11:55 PM
As to the rest of us, another stellar performance in a Suicide Pool...our combined bar tab in the Losers Lounge must be higher than the national debt.

LOL, and we have more than a week to go :D

SkanCan beat us all - Congrats [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Sebastien447
05-28-2005, 01:21 AM
Keep going Peter! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif] I'd like to see somebody go all the way in the suicide at least once. So far nobody's even been close.

Does anyone remember who set the mark at the AO? (please don't say Bill ;)) And what round was it?

Moose ... do you save the results of the contest because kirkie may be running around TAT with an axe soon! :o

Moose
05-28-2005, 03:59 AM
Keep going Peter! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Does anyone remember who set the mark at the AO? (please don't say Bill ;)) And what round was it?

Moose ... do you save the results of the contest because kirkie may be running around TAT with an axe soon! :o

Sebs:
Bill won the AO and got to Day 13, but it was when we didn't have a seperate mens and womens Suicide Pool. The Miami and IW pools were more for shits and giggles to get us some practice. It's really a game that. for the Record Book, requires a Slam.
So officially, the record, whatever it is, will be established with the French, as this is our first Slam with seperate pools.
Of course, when I go perfect in both the mens and womens during "Kimbledon", I'll hold the titles!

shtexas
05-28-2005, 05:15 AM
Well done Peterskan!!!!!!!!!!

PeterSkan
05-28-2005, 07:15 AM
Way to go, P. Our northern neighbor has been well represented.
I'll keep posting matches for you to continue through the Tournament, if you'd like to play it out - we're still waiting for someone to make it through the entire Tournament in one of these things.

Aw, shucks - t'warn't nothin'!

Actually, this is true. There's no boasting here - because we all know that anyone of us could have made it easily to the quarters by picking sure fire winners. The suicidal element is in preparedness to take riskier picks on the earlier going - I don't know that mine represented any greater insight. I do try to track threads of likelihood among the lower seeds, looking a round or two ahead to see what might possibly develop, so I have a sense what my next move might be.

A nice blend of luck and common sense, I guess. I'll try to keep going and hope I don't wind up in a situation where the only people playing I've previously picked.

Now that's suicide!!