PDA

View Full Version : Wimbledon Suicide Pool

Moose
06-15-2005, 11:12 AM
will be open for business Sunday a.m. - hope everyone will join us for an exciting fortnight - pm your friends, invite our missing members, spread the word far and wide.

and the Wimbledon Loser's Lounge will, given our track history, be open for business Monday late afternoon. Better get your orders in now.

catz33
06-15-2005, 11:52 AM
Hey Moose.....Would it be against the rules to post days in advance? I think it would be fun to participate in the pool while attending in person.

It probably would not have to be many days in advance. I have never made it past the 2nd round!!

Doll_Face
06-15-2005, 12:34 PM
Hey Moose.....Would it be against the rules to post days in advance? I think it would be fun to participate in the pool while attending in person.

It probably would not have to be many days in advance. I have never made it past the 2nd round!!

Catz, I was thinking the same thing, as I will be leaving for Wimby on Wednesday. Hell, I might be out by then too ;)

Oh well, we'll have to see.

Moose
06-15-2005, 11:31 PM
hey catz and Doll:

if you want to play that way, its all good with me...always glad to have participants.

if you look here
http://www.wimbledon.org/en_GB/about/guide/schedule.html

you'll have a hint at the order of play for the fortnight. What I'd reccomend, if you are going to do advance picks is the following:

For Days 1-6, you'll need 3 winners from the top half, and 3 winners from the bottom half in both mens and ladies.
Day 7 is a free day - Wimbledon never plays on Sunday.
Day 8 is, if memory serves me correctly, Round of 16 matches for all the men and women (3m, if you see this, help me). Day 9 is Womens Quarters. Day 10 is mens Quarters. Day 11 is womens semis, Day 12 is mens semis. Day 13 is womens final, Day 14 is mens final.

If you want, you can either post your picks, or PM me with your picks, and I will add them to the Daily thread.

Doll_Face
06-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the info, Moose :)

I'll see how I do the first two days, then make my decision to continue or not. Hell, the Loser's Lounge is fun - lol. Is Dry taking requests yet?

If I didn't say so before, I'm sorry about stealing most of your crab ;D

Moose
06-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Thanks for the info, Moose :)

I'll see how I do the first two days, then make my decision to continue or not. Hell, the Loser's Lounge is fun - lol. Is Dry taking requests yet?

If I didn't say so before, I'm sorry about stealing most of your crab ;D

As they say Doll, it is better to steal someone's crabs, then to have someone give crabs to you

Doll_Face
06-16-2005, 11:38 AM
As they say Doll, it is better to steal someone's crabs, then to have someone give crabs to you

True That [smiley=laugh.gif]

3mlm
06-18-2005, 05:24 AM
Day 8 is, if memory serves me correctly, Round of 16 matches for all the men and women (3m, if you see this, help me).

All round of 16 matches for the ladies are played on Day 8, but I'm not sure if the gentlemen play all 8 matches on Monday or 4 on Monday then 4 on Tuesday. Not much help.