PDA

View Full Version : -Suicide Pool Picks and Results Thread

Moose
06-19-2005, 11:39 PM
Our biggest Suicide Pool yet! 16 Players. Hope everyone lasts for two weeks, and we have a blast playing.

As always, once you're red, you're dead, Mr. Ed!

Wimbledon Mens Pool:

LONE STAR: Bjorkman - (no Day 2 pick)

KOKO: Kiefer - Ferrer

CATZ: Phillipousis - O. Rochus - Bjorkman - Nadal

MOOSE: Ferraro - O. Rochus - F. Lopez - Stepanek

SEBS: Mello

SHTEXAS: Rusedski - Karlovic

3MLM: Koubek

DRYRUNGUY: Ferraro - Karlovic

BETSMOYO: Meyer - T. Johansson - F. Lopez - Nalbandian - Johansson

SPORTSFAN: Rusedski - Mirnyi - Dent - Gasquet - Johansson

WOMENSFAN: Meyer - Elseneer - Hrbaty

SPICEMAN: Ferraro - O. Rochus - Ancic - Gasquet - Dent - Mirnyi - Grosjean - T. Johansson - Roddick - Federer

JIM P: Monfils - Arthurs - Massu

DOLLFACE: Monfils - Popp - Kiefer - Grossjean - (no day 5 pick)

GERNASERNA: Youhzny - O. Rochus - Massu

PETERSKAN: Monfils - Malisse - Kiefer - Andreev - Ferrero - Nalbandian - Ancic

Moose
06-19-2005, 11:42 PM
WOMENS SUICIDE POOL

Lone Star: Sugiyama

Koko: Farina Elia - Schiavone

Catz: Shaughnessy - Karatancheva - Washington - Dechy - Clijsters - Petrova - Myskina - Mauresmo - V. WIlliams - Davenport

Moose: Farina Elia - Groenefeld

Sebs: Sugiyama

Shtexas: Schnyder

3mlm: Jackson - Dulko - Farina Elia - Martinez - Maleeva - Petrova - Kuznetsova - Mauresmo - Sharapova

Dryrunguy: Shaughnessy - Dulko - Safina - Srebotnik - Maleeva - Dechy - Petrova - V. Williams - Sharapova

Betsmoyo: Shaughnessy - Parra Santonja

Sportsfan: Sprem

WomensTFan: Kirilenko - Razzano - Tanasugarn

Spiceman: Jackson - Dechy - Jankovic - Dulko

Jim P.: Perry - Dechy - Likhovsteva - Pierce - Kuznetsova - Daniilidou

DollFace: Sprem

Gernaserna: Sugiyama

Peterskan: Shaughnessy - Dechy - Safina - Ivanovic - Dementieva - Petrova - Mauresmo - V. Williams - Davenport - no player left for Day 13

Doll_Face
06-20-2005, 12:53 AM
Damn Seb, you have both butt cheeks in the Losers Lounge ... I'll stop over and say mello - LOL!!

Sorry buddy :-*

To be honest, I thought I picked Ai (lol), and was glad to see that I didn't [smiley=goofy_eyes.gif]

Sebastien447
06-20-2005, 01:13 AM
Damn Seb, you have both butt cheeks in the Losers Lounge ... I'll stop over and say mello - LOL!!

Sorry buddy :-*

To be honest, I thought I picked Ai (lol), and was glad to see that I didn't [smiley=goofy_eyes.gif]

No sweat dolly ... while, typically, I'd be torn up about being out of the suicide pool ...

somehow, it's just not upsetting me as much as it would normally ;)

sportfan92
06-20-2005, 02:17 AM
OMG.....

what in the world is going on with Sprem??!!!!!:o

I am about to go down [smiley=hammer2.gif]

Moose
06-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Day 2, and we allready lose Bets in the first womens match of the day (but Meilen lost also).
We're really struggling on the Womens Side.

sportfan92
06-21-2005, 12:29 AM
is KoKo Italian or something? he picked farina elia and then schiavone. LOL I was just wondering.

Sebastien447
06-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Wee wee. ;)

Just kiddin. I just like saying their names... and the term, "wee wee". Which of course isn't Italian but rather, French, and means, "yes", or "I have to go to the bathroom."

ROFLMFAO!!!

Doll_Face
06-21-2005, 02:18 AM
Hey Moosie,

If Rochus loses ???

Moose
06-21-2005, 04:48 AM
Hey Moosie,

If Rochus loses ???

he's got the first set, he'll be fine.

But another disasterous day for us. 3 out of the Womens Pool, and 4 out of the Men so far today, and play isn't over yet.

dryrunguy
06-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Ivo Karlovic is a Neanderthal (sp?) from HELL!

Dry

Moose
06-22-2005, 01:37 AM
well, here we are, halfway through Day 3, and we've lost another 2 on the mens side and one on the ladies. From starting with 16 players on each side, we're down to 8 in the mens pool and 6 in the ladies, and Day 3 isn't over yet.

womentennis_fan
06-22-2005, 02:55 AM
I'll never trust a Thai from now on :'( :P

Too bad,I considered Vaidisova,Vinci and Mashona,but got nailed by the Thai's record on grass [smiley=hammer2.gif]

Save me half a cushion on the loser's dorm,and freshen up the Margharitas 8)

womentennis_fan
06-22-2005, 07:20 AM
Make that a whole couch to drink over my margharitas [smiley=laugh.gif]

I guess I was guessing too much,damn Hrbaty,whereas Monfils,he could be my son [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

2 months till USOpen... [smiley=39.gif]

Moose
06-22-2005, 10:57 AM
welcome to the world of Suicide Pools, WTF. One day you're King of the Pool, the next day your asking for a light in the Losers Lounge

2 months til the US - HOORAY!

PeterSkan
06-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Good news for the surviving participants. It will be a miracle for me to survive the weekend. I leave town tomorrow, no return until Sunday night, no access to computers, etc. So I will have to register my picks tomorrow for Friday and Saturday even before I hear what the final results of Thursday's play will be.

Dang!

3mlm
06-22-2005, 02:34 PM
Good news for the surviving participants. It will be a miracle for me to survive the weekend. I leave town tomorrow, no return until Sunday night, no access to computers, etc. So I will have to register my picks tomorrow for Friday and Saturday even before I hear what the final results of Thursday's play will be.

Dang!

Don't worry, Peter, Moose can tweak your picks like he does Catz'.

Moose
06-22-2005, 10:55 PM
Peter:
if you want to leave me your picks as a pm, I'll get them posted. While I was doing catz's, I was left with some alternates, so I was able to keep catz in the game despite some of her 3/4 day picks losing in the 1st round.

And why do you say "good news"....ideally, I think it would be great if a bunch of us could go through the Slam picking correctly. This isn't a batle against fellow players, its a battle against the draw.

PeterSkan
06-23-2005, 06:31 AM
Peter:
if you want to leave me your picks as a pm, I'll get them posted. While I was doing catz's, I was left with some alternates, so I was able to keep catz in the game despite some of her 3/4 day picks losing in the 1st round.

And why do you say "good news"....ideally, I think it would be great if a bunch of us could go through the Slam picking correctly. This isn't a batle against fellow players, its a battle against the draw.

OK - thanks - I'll post my day 5 picks and then pm you something for Day 6,with alternates.

You needn't have taken my "good news" reference so seriously. Heavens! No one wants to see anyone 'commit suicide', least of all me, but I hope there's no harm perceived in a little competitive joshing in a TAT "Contest" thread.

Anyway - let's move on. Thanks for running the pool.

Moose
06-24-2005, 01:05 PM
I"ll get the leader board and picks updated tomorrow a.m. Looks like we are down to two players on the mens side, and 5 on the ladies....and tomorrow is only Day 6.

Moose
06-24-2005, 01:10 PM
You needn't have taken my "good news" reference so seriously. Heavens! No one wants to see anyone 'commit suicide', least of all me, but I hope there's no harm perceived in a little competitive joshing in a TAT "Contest" thread.

my bad. Peterskan. Can you tell I went to a high school where we didn't get grades? Made filling out college apps a nightmare.

by the way, watch out for 3mlm...last I heard, she was pm'ing everyone that she was looking forward to "crushing you like a bug" :D

Moose
06-25-2005, 09:07 AM
here we are at the end of Round 3, and the first week of Wimbledon.
Having started the game with a record 16 players on each the mens and ladies draw, we are down to:

Men - Peterskan and Spiceman.

Women - Dry, Peterskan, 3mlm and Catz33.

Everybody gets a day off tomorrow. Good luck with Round 4, and week two everyone!

Moose
06-30-2005, 10:41 AM
well, coming into the final Days of Wimbledoon, here's where we stand:

MENS - Spiceman is trying to be the first player since we started the game to win a Mens Suicide Pool. We're all pulling for you, Spice.

WOMENS - Venus crushed almost everyone's dreams of wearing the crown today. Dry and 3mlm both got deleted, and Peterskan, while having Davs winning today, has allready used Venus, so even with a Day 11 win, he can't go any further.
Catz remains the only player with a chance of sweeping the womens pool. Catz needs Davs to win the match tomorrow, and then still has Venus saved to use on Saturday.

PeterSkan
06-30-2005, 12:02 PM
well, coming into the final Days of Wimbledoon, here's where we stand:

WOMENS - Venus crushed almost everyone's dreams of wearing the crown today. Dry and 3mlm both got deleted, and Peterskan, while having Davs winning today, has allready used Venus, so even with a Day 11 win, he can't go any further.
Catz remains the only player with a chance of sweeping the womens pool. Catz needs Davs to win the match tomorrow, and then still has Venus saved to use on Saturday.

Half right, I think! If Dav prevails, the best I can lay claim to is having survived into the final. A Williams-Davenport final disqualifies me automatically in the final. A Mauresmo victory puts me in the graveyard as of this round, and gives Catz the best record outright, since Catz would be eliminated at the final stage with no picks left.

But Catz has used up Venus already and, having already used up Momo, has to hope for a Davenport SF win and then a Davenport win in the final to beat the draw. A Momo win over Davenport leaves Catz with no draw winning option, but still seals the best record for Catz, since I would be eliminated at the SF stage.

If Davenport wins over Momo and Venus beats Dav in the final, Both Catz and I lose at the final round.

However, I think bragging rights still go to Catz because under a Venus/Lindsay final scenario, Catz has a shot at beating the draw, while I don't.

The bottom line is that there is no scenario under which I can finish with a better record than Catz, so it is safe to proclaim Catz as finishing with the best record in the suicide pool.

I think I got that right - so congratulations to Catz!!!!

Moose
07-01-2005, 12:09 AM
yes, you do have that right Peter. Catz still has Davs to pick for Day 13, so since that leaves a pick, while you've been squeezed out, Catz deserves Wimby bragging rights - as well as a chance at a sweep of the womens draw.

Moose
07-02-2005, 01:22 PM
well Catz wins our womens pool, but fails to beat the draw. Great run though Catz33, congrats.

SpiceMan has Federer to win the mens title, and to take home a sweep of the draw. good luck Spice!

dryrunguy
07-02-2005, 02:25 PM
Congrats to catz and skan for doing such a great job!

Only a few months before we have to worry about Rika Fujiwara in a suicide pool again. :)

Dry