PDA

View Full Version : Women's USO- Day 10 Pick

sportfan92
09-05-2005, 11:40 PM
E. Dementieva
L. Davenport

M. Pierce
A. Mauresmo

Good luck to the remaining contestants! :)

Moose
09-06-2005, 10:10 AM
Jon D-oh's Day 10 Pick is Mary Pierce

sportfan92
09-06-2005, 12:18 PM
I guess one person is going to be eliminated.

dryrunguy
09-06-2005, 03:51 PM
I guess one person is going to be eliminated.

Make that possibly two.

Gotta go with Pierce here.

Keep it burnin', Mary!

Dry

Moose
09-07-2005, 06:18 AM
great contesting there, Bets...congrats on your run.

Now it is down to Dry and Jon D-oh in the womens

dryrunguy
09-07-2005, 01:44 PM
great contesting there, Bets...congrats on your run.

Now it is down to Dry and Jon D-oh in the womens

Not any more, Moose. Dementieva's upset of Davenport leaves me with only one semifinalist that I haven't already picked. So, I'm dust.

I am SO miffed at Shinobu Asagoe. She was supposed to beat Schnyder (winning record against her) and then beat Dementieva (also has a winning record against her). That ruined everything. I worried all the while that would come back to haunt me given Davenport's frequent ramblings in post-match interviews about hating to play Dementieva because she can't return the serve.

What's MUST stupid about the whole thing is that the new Dementieva first serve typically lands right in Davenport's strike zone. Had it been coming from any other player besides Dementieva--say, Venus Williams--Davenport would have found it tasty. She just couldn't for the life of herself get past the Dementieva factor in this match.

Oh well... Dementieva earned the win off the ground. That's all there is to it. But I was worried about that potential match-up when the draw first came out. And Shinobu Asagoe completely dropped the ball when she got dusted by Schnyder. In fact, I was sure that Jon D-oh was out of the pool when he picked Schnyder to win that match.

So close, and yet so far... :(

Dry