PDA

View Full Version : Womens USO Pool - Day 12 Pick

Moose
09-08-2005, 12:53 AM
down to two players, Jon-D-oh! and Dry. But Dry is down to one pick (Clijsters) and therefore cannot beat the draw, while Jon still has both Dementieva and Clijsters to use.

Kim Clijsters vs. Maria Sharapova
Mary Pierce vs. Elena Demetieva

Moose
09-08-2005, 05:19 AM
Jon D-oh's Day 12 Pick is Elena Dementieva

sportfan92
09-08-2005, 08:12 AM
by tomorrow, we'll have a winner then! [smiley=overhead_clap.gif]

Moose
09-08-2005, 09:57 AM
absolutely, sport-o!
Dry has to pick Kim as it is his only selection left. With Jon D-oh picking Elena, one of four things happens:

1) Elena loses, Kim wins and Dry wins the game.
2) Elena wins, Kim loses, and Jon D-oh wins outright
3) Both win, and Dry is eliminated because he can go no further
4) Both lose, and we have a draw, but we crown two winners (and add two names instead of one to our Wall of Fame)

3mlm
09-08-2005, 10:51 AM
absolutely, sport-o!
Dry has to pick Kim as it is his only selection left. With Jon D-oh picking Elena, one of four things happens:

1) Elena loses, Kim wins and Dry wins the game.
2) Elena wins, Kim loses, and Jon D-oh wins outright
3) Both win, and Dry is eliminated because he can go no further
4) Both lose, and we have a draw, but we crown two winners (and add two names instead of one to our Wall of Fame)

But, wait, if both win and Jon's next pick loses isn't that a sort of draw too?

Moose
09-08-2005, 12:43 PM
we encountered this once before 3. Since Dry can't compete for the title, whie Jon D-oh can, Jon prevails. It happened in our Wimby pool with Catz and Peter. The prevailing sense was if you lived to the final day alone, you took the crown over a competitor who was dead on the last day.

dryrunguy
09-08-2005, 08:23 PM
Yes, I must go with Clijsters.

But if I ever get the chance, I'm going to hit Shinobu Asagoe three ways (for losing to Schnyder and not positioning herself to beat Dementieva):

HARD

FAST

and

REPEATEDLY!

Dry

dryrunguy
09-08-2005, 08:26 PM
we encountered this once before 3. Since Dry can't compete for the title, whie Jon D-oh can, Jon prevails. It happened in our Wimby pool with Catz and Peter. The prevailing sense was if you lived to the final day alone, you took the crown over a competitor who was dead on the last day.

I agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment.

But as far as I'm concerned, Jon is the winner, regardless of what happens later today.

Dry

Doll_Face
09-09-2005, 03:16 AM
Yes, I must go with Clijsters.

But if I ever get the chance, I'm going to hit Shinobu Asagoe three ways (for losing to Schnyder and not positioning herself to beat Dementieva):

HARD

FAST

and

REPEATEDLY!

Dry

LOL, the agony of defeat :P

Good luck to both our guys.