PDA

View Full Version : THRNY 2019: The Red, White, and Blue Lounge

munchin
07-16-2019, 05:13 PM
Fantasy Tennis is tough! Stop by the Lounge, order yourself a beer! We've got Labatt Blue and Coors Light this year (when you need a drink, who cares about taste?) and, in honor of our new American patriotic tariffs, they're all overpriced!! So take a seat and commiserate with your fellow players.

Have fun!

ptmcmahon
07-19-2019, 07:34 AM
The D group is going to have it's time to shine in week 1... picking the right D players will decide who leads after week 1.

ptmcmahon
07-23-2019, 07:32 PM
I lost power from a thunderstorm Sunday and didn't check any tennis last night, so only now seeing 8 of my 9 players in the top half. Fine as long as Fritz makes the final right?

Drop-shot
07-24-2019, 05:58 AM
And of course Tomic wins a match now against one of my team.

New England Nitemare
07-24-2019, 09:10 AM
And of course Tomic wins a match now against one of my team.

Me too, and I also had Grigor Dmitrov and Jordan Thompson as well :(

So, not off to a good start here....

Drop-shot
07-24-2019, 09:27 AM
Me too, and I also had Grigor Dmitrov and Jordan Thompson as well :(

So, not off to a good start here....

I kept well away from Grigor after losing in the first round of Wimbledon and taking me out with him. He's a do-not-pick until he proves otherwise.

ptmcmahon
08-01-2019, 08:02 PM
As I expected, I have more quarterfinalists at Los Cabos (Fritz, Albot) than I do in Washington (Tsitsipas only.)

dave g
08-02-2019, 05:48 AM
SPLAT! The round of 16 in DC was not nice to us. We went in with 10 picked players out of 16, and came out with 2 picked players out of 8. Every time one of our picked players played a non-picked player, they lost.

JazzNU
08-03-2019, 04:29 PM
I don't know what the lowest THRNY total score is, but the way my players keep withdrawing and losing early, I've got to be in the running for beating it.

ptmcmahon
08-04-2019, 08:26 PM
My last pre contest switch was taking out Krygios for Albot because Nick didnít play Atlanta. of course Albot didnít play Washington so even that logic was flawed.

JazzNU
08-09-2019, 12:33 PM
I kept Nishikori and got rid of Khachanov. Yeah. Think recording the lowest score ever is alive and well for me.

ptmcmahon
08-09-2019, 12:42 PM
It's going to be hard to beat the all time low score since we didn't do the USO always. Looking at the last two years since we did add it, the low score is 502 by... you 486 by me actually. So maybe this just isn't your contest!

The all-time low record I could find was a 324 by Ribbons so we'll count you as all time low if you're below that before USO! There are 3-4 years where the scoreboard isn't now "gone" (from last decade) so that might not be the official low all-time.

JazzNU
08-15-2019, 05:48 PM
My big hopes of Cincy glory are riding on the backs of Nishioka and Gasquet! Glad someone on my team showed up for me this week.

But still guessing my first week score is going into the TAT record fails.

dave g
08-17-2019, 01:26 PM
I was thinking that I didn't have anybody playing at Winston-Salem, next week. But I was pleasantly surprised to find that I actually have four player playing next week. In fact, I was thinking about trading in some C player to make sure I had somebody in the race. So, I picked a player to trade in, only to find that I already had him on my team. Shows you how much attention I pay to my C players. :rolleyes:

New England Nitemare
08-17-2019, 05:43 PM
This clearly has not been my contest, didn't have Nadal last week, and traded out Goffin this week, and he makes the final this week after really doing nothing all summer....ugh.
Fed loses early. It's been a brutal run for me here....

ptmcmahon
08-27-2019, 05:52 PM
Good: I traded out Tsitsipas!

Bad: I traded in Bautista Agut

ptmcmahon
08-27-2019, 11:36 PM
Strangely enough, my D team was the only one to survive round one intact.

ptmcmahon
09-01-2019, 08:10 PM
Big opening for all those who traded in (or had) Medvedev, Federer, and Stan in the top half.

Anyone like me going with Djokovic/Nadal in trouble now (I pretty much was out of it to begin with, probably should've taken a chance with Fed.)

JazzNU
09-01-2019, 08:43 PM
I don't have Djokovic. Yay! But I traded away Dimitrov weeks ago, mad that he'd barely won me a single point. Oops.

JazzNU
09-03-2019, 10:02 PM
Dropping Grigor just gets worse and worse. Only saving grace is I don't think there was any way to come back from the start I had. Or I hope that's the case.

ptmcmahon
09-04-2019, 04:27 AM
Four people added Medvedev this week, and I was thinking it a bad decision for being in Novak's quarter...but man oh man does it look smart now.