PDA

View Full Version : Predictions : Week of 111218

patrick
11-05-2018, 05:15 PM
This contest is temporarily closed to new participants. If you participated in the contest since January 1,2010 or you signed up on or before Monday December 25,2017, you are eligible to participate.

For the ATP, we have London while the bonus round have the final round of the Federation Cup World Group for our Bonus category.

LONDON : http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2018/brackets/WTF-2018.html Predictions are due before the start of play on Sunday at NOON local (USA: 7 AM EST - 4 AM PST)

The 8 qualifiers vying for medals are:
1. Omegadoom
2. Miles
3. FEBravo
4. AtlPam
5. Drop-shot
6(tie). Daveg
6(tie). Tenedab
8. Dryrunguy

Alt 1: MysterX
Alt 2: Texasniteowl and PeterSkan

FEDERATION CUP BRACKET AND DEADLINE:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2018/brackets/111218BONUSFEDCUPF.htm Predictions will be due before start of play on Saturday at 2 PM local(USA: 8 AM EST - 5 AM PST)

PICKS:

After the deadlines pass, you will be able to find everyone's picks at:http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/pc2018/results/111218allpicks.htm

kandi
11-05-2018, 07:55 PM
so we are not predicting the Next Gen tourney at all? Kind of relieved, I guess. So nothing is due until Fed Cup this Saturday?

skatingfan
11-05-2018, 10:10 PM
so we are not predicting the Next Gen tourney at all? Kind of relieved, I guess. So nothing is due until Fed Cup this Saturday?

We don't normally do predictions on exhibitions.

patrick
11-06-2018, 06:59 AM

Yes

James7
11-08-2018, 10:09 AM
The form for the WTF has been prepared now.

ptmcmahon
11-09-2018, 06:51 PM
Bump...12 hours before Fed final due.

ptmcmahon
11-10-2018, 10:21 PM
Bump...London due in 6 hours.

patrick
11-11-2018, 04:36 AM
Picks are up

dryrunguy
11-11-2018, 09:04 AM
So, it looks like atlpam missed the deadline, putting mysterX in the top 8 as alternate. Looking at the picks among the top 8, everyone picked Djokovic and Federer to win their RR matches, everyone picked Cilic to beat Isner, everyone picked Nishikori to beat Thiem, and everyone picked Djokovic to beat Federer in the final. That leaves four RR matches with disagreement:

Zverev vs Cilic (Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev)
Zverev vs Isner (tenedab and dry have Isner)
Anderson vs Thiem (Anderson just won, FEBravo and mysterX had Thiem)
Anderson vs Nishikori (tenedab has Anderson)

For the semis:

tenedab has Anderson making the semis
mysterX has Thiem making the semis
Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev making the semis while the rest of us have Cilic; in fact, Omega, Miles, and Drop have the exact same picks across the board. If they are right about Zverev winning two RR matches, those will be the medalists.

If they are wrong or partially wrong, then it gets wild. Fascinating.

ptmcmahon
11-11-2018, 09:31 AM
All eight of you picked Fed to go undefeated through to final? Boring! :p That's where I would have gone for separation...but my picks usually wind up the most unique.

I'd make fun of everyone taking Nole too but that just seems too inevitable.

atlpam
11-11-2018, 01:07 PM
So, it looks like atlpam missed the deadline, putting mysterX in the top 8 as alternate. Looking at the picks among the top 8, everyone picked Djokovic and Federer to win their RR matches, everyone picked Cilic to beat Isner, everyone picked Nishikori to beat Thiem, and everyone picked Djokovic to beat Federer in the final. That leaves four RR matches with disagreement:

For the semis:

mysterX has Thiem making the semis
Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev making the semis while the rest of us have Cilic; in fact, Omega, Miles, and Drop have the exact same picks across the board. If they are right about Zverev winning two RR matches, those will be the medalists.

If they are wrong or partially wrong, then it gets wild. Fascinating.

This is what happens when you’re travelling and out of your normal routine - good luck everyone!

ptmcmahon
11-11-2018, 05:33 PM
Only 1 person had Nishikori over Fed...I wasn't right about much this year in predictions, so I'll take my day 1 lead and forget the rest of the year. I'm also the only one with him not making the semis.

Meanwhile, almost everyone had the right Fed Cup winning team, but only Dave G correctly called it 3-0.

ptmcmahon
11-13-2018, 01:00 PM

Based on tenedab putting Anderson in semis, I'd say he's in best shape so far, with the Zverev trio right behind...will we see some people with the exact same picks medal, while others miss out?

ptmcmahon
11-16-2018, 08:15 AM

For the semis:

Omega, Miles, and Drop have Zverev making the semis while the rest of us have Cilic;

I have only roughly done the math, but I think this means Omega/Miles/Drop have the top 3 spots clinched then? There's a trio that really needs the medals ;) In fact isn't that OUR top 3?

Drop-shot
11-16-2018, 02:07 PM
I have only roughly done the math, but I think this means Omega/Miles/Drop have the top 3 spots clinched then? There's a trio that really needs the medals ;) In fact isn't that OUR top 3?

I'm having a Murray-esque year, so it's more than welcomed!

fastbackss
11-18-2018, 06:33 AM
Impressed that 3mlm picked the finalists correctly and still has doubles champion alive