PDA

View Full Version : AO DAY 8 WOMEN'S SUICIDE POOL

shtexas
01-21-2006, 03:44 PM
Remember to check your previous picks in the updated results thread. It gets more important now. We’d hate to lose you for duplicating a pick.

Congratulations again for being among the very few to get this far!

Day 8 is the bottom half of the women’s draw. The matches are:

Womens (bottom half of draw)

7] SCHNYDER, Patty SUI v [12] MYSKINA, Anastasia RUS

[16] VAIDISOVA, Nicole CZE v [3] MAURESMO, Amelie FRA

(W) HINGIS, Martina SUI v STOSUR, Samantha AUS

[15] SCHIAVONE, Francesca ITA v [2] CLIJSTERS, Kim BEL

joshman
01-21-2006, 05:43 PM
I hope there is no such thing as karmic justice, because if there is, then this is the end of the line for me. For the next round I am going to pick one of my least favourite players, a woman whose arrogant smile, offensive comments about other players, and petulant attitude (let's not forget her 2nd French Open final folks) speak for themselves.

My pick is Martina Hingis. :o

gibbermiata
01-21-2006, 09:54 PM
Hingis

mysterX
01-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Jeez, it does get tougher as it goes along. Up until now, I could look at the lineup and see at least one match that I felt confident in, but not today. Oh well, let me flip the coin for the Schnyder/Myskina matchup.

Patty Schnyder

Herodotus
01-22-2006, 12:28 AM
I promised myself before the tournament that I would not pick Hingis because she can't be trusted to regain her old form due to her retirement and should be very inconsistent. However, she's craftily dispatched her opponents and is not affected by the heat. The crowd will be with Stosur, but Stosur is in over her head will a gameswoman such as Hingis. Due to my lack of faith in any other pick, Hingis is the best choice for me.

Day 8: Martina Hingis

purplemaple
01-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Patty Schnyder

Charlie02123
01-22-2006, 02:50 AM
Well Schnyder and Hingis are the only picks so far, but I have already picked both of them, so that leaves them out. I refuse to pick Kim Clijsters because of the fact that she rocks my socks and if I were to pick her before the final I would be smited with bad karma. That leaves only one person. She had a couple of sloppy rounds but I have no choice but to place my trust in her.

My day 8 pick: Amelie Mauresmo

chapin
01-22-2006, 05:21 AM
Never did I think I would pick her, but she is building confidence and will not win beyond this round in my opinion which is why I am going with Martina Hingis.

udaneri
01-22-2006, 05:40 AM
For day 8.... Amelie Mauresmo

I hope she keeps me alive for week 2 !!!!

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:14 AM
My Day Eight pick:

Amelie Mauresmo

Come on cutie pie!

bartman2099
01-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I hope there is no such thing as karmic justice, because if there is, then this is the end of the line for me. For the next round I am going to pick one of my least favourite players, a woman whose arrogant smile, offensive comments about other players, and petulant attitude (let's not forget her 2nd French Open final folks) speak for themselves.

My pick is Martina Hingis. :o

Those are my sentiments exactly...when she was at her peak I couldn't stand hingis. In fact my fondest memory of her was seeing her throwing tantrums and gettin' her ass kicked at the french final by the magnificent Steffi Graf. ;D
Anyways, here's for karma playin' blind just this one day...

my pick: Martina Hingis

Jidkova_Fan
01-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Martina Hingis

Net_Raider
01-22-2006, 12:37 PM
Ok I've used Schnyder & Hingis and I want to save Mauresmo & Clijsters.

It's time to go out on a picking limb, I'm either going to be out of it or have made a brillant pick

Anastasia Myskina

mustbeatypo
01-22-2006, 01:23 PM
schnyder

bartman2099
01-22-2006, 03:16 PM

It's time to go out on a picking limb, I'm either going to be out of it or have made a brillant pick

Anastasia Myskina

In that match I actually lean towards Myskina, she's been playin' good lately and she have good powerful groundshots that can nulify Schnyder's game. If I didn't have hingis available I'd pick her. Good luck.

Ive
01-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Myskina

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:10 PM

Anastasia Myskina

Bye-Bye, Net Raider

Please join us in the Losers Lounge :P

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:13 PM
Myskina

Ive,

You've been a great competitor. When you enter the Loser Lounge, please tell Moosie to give you anything you desire ::)

[smiley=engel017.gif]