PDA

View Full Version : AO DAY 8 MEN'S SUICIDE POOL

shtexas
01-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Remember to check your previous picks in the updated results thread. It gets more important now. We'd hate to lose you for duplicating a pick.

Congratulations again for being among the very few to get this far!

Day 8 is the top half of the men’s draw. The matches are:

Mens (top half of draw):

1] FEDERER, Roger SUI v. HAAS, Tommy GER

[12] HRBATY, Dominik SVK v [5] DAVYDENKO, Nikolay RUS

CHELA, Juan Ignacio ARG v [21] KIEFER, Nicolas GER

MATHIEU, Paul-Henri FRA v [25] GROSJEAN, Sebastien FRA

rktct2b
01-22-2006, 05:04 AM
And then there were 6...strategy really beginning to play into this now so you don't get into your own way with previous choices only leaving you with people you don't believe in to help keep you alive! Strategy so far seems to be working :o after initial hit with Golovin losing in 1st round!

Not sure whether to be :) or ;D or :-X. Superstitions are becoming a funny thing. I haven't stepped on a crack on a footpath/sidewalk for a week! I should be enjoying this as this could just be beginner's luck...a bit like a qualifier getting into later rounds.

Roddick losing makes the bottom half somewhat of a puzzle again. If I'm lucky enough to get through Day 8, we'll tackle that one. Good luck to the other 5!

Has anyone ever won both the Men's pool and the Women''s pool at the same Grand Slam since these Suicide Pools started???

My pick for Day 8 is Nikolay Davydenko.

Armstrong
01-22-2006, 05:54 AM
This isn't fair, I was in a trip with no internet or television, so I couldn't play the AOS . I demand to get another chance .

neka
01-22-2006, 05:56 AM
I'll go with Kiefer. I just hope he doesn't choke.

macavity
01-22-2006, 06:04 AM
Argh! Not to put too fine a point on it, but Cyprus has completely ruined my suicide pool strategy. Oh, well. I'll rethink the strategy later; right now, I'm going to suck it up and pick for tomorrow...

Nikolay Davydenko.

spt
01-22-2006, 07:29 AM
Looks like a lot of strategy may have gone out the window last night. Roddick's loss may have done me in. I had Bhagdatis in the first round as more of a pick against gimblestob, I never expected him to reach the quarters. I figured two matches and he was done. I may not be able to make a semifinal pick.

Let's see if I can make it that far to where I have that problem. My day 8 is also DAVYDENKO.

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:34 AM
And then there were 6...strategy really beginning to play into this now so you don't get into your own way with previous choices only leaving you with people you don't believe in to help keep you alive! Strategy so far seems to be working :o after initial hit with Golovin losing in 1st round!

Not sure whether to be :) or ;D or :-X. Superstitions are becoming a funny thing. I haven't stepped on a crack on a footpath/sidewalk for a week! I should be enjoying this as this could just be beginner's luck...a bit like a qualifier getting into later rounds.

Roddick losing makes the bottom half somewhat of a puzzle again. If I'm lucky enough to get through Day 8, we'll tackle that one. Good luck to the other 5!

Has anyone ever won both the Men's pool and the Women''s pool at the same Grand Slam since these Suicide Pools started???

My pick for Day 8 is Nikolay Davydenko.

Laughing at rktct2b [smiley=laugh.gif]

Don't wear hats in the house either, lol. That was a good one because I'm superstitious and totally understand.

Regarding your question concerning past Suicide Pool winners, check out our Wall Of Fame located on the left. BillVFW kicked our asses then went buck wild on us, lol. He left the board in a huff. Ask Kirkus about "Billy Holes".

LMAO

[smiley=hyst.gif]

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:38 AM
This isn't fair, I was in a trip with no internet or television, so I couldn't play the AOS . I demand to get another chance .

Hey buddy,

Where did you go on your travels? We've been having a blast.

Go ahead and make your pick. It won't count, but you are welcome to mix it up.

[smiley=gorgeous.gif]

slicentice
01-22-2006, 09:38 AM
Davydenko (gulp).

Good luck all.

TennisDude
01-22-2006, 10:47 AM
Well Baghdatis completely screwed up my chances. I already had a plan figured out and then Baghdatis goes and knocks out Roddick.

Anyway my pick for day 8 is Nikolay Davydenko

Moose
01-23-2006, 10:28 AM

Hasn't happened ever, rktct. In fact, most of us have a hard enough time staying alive for one week in each pool. To win both the mens and ladies would take incredible smarts and a whole lotta luck.