PDA

View Full Version : Day 9 AO Womens Suicide Pool Picks

Moose
01-22-2006, 05:07 PM
welcome to the Quarterfinals everyone.
And best wishes for your continued survival.
Please be sure to check who you still have available at this point, everyone has used at least one of these players

Lindsay Davenport USA (1) vs. Justine Henin-Hardenne BEL (8)

Maria Sharapova RUS (4) vs Nadia Petrova RUS (6)

joshman
01-22-2006, 05:33 PM
Did anyone notice that Vaidisova's first serve % was pretty much the same as her # of unforced errors? (35% to 34 unforced errors) Ouch. Ah well, she's young and someday I'm sure she'll be on the other end of it.

I have both JH-H and Maria Sharapova available. Hmmm...

Assuming I survive Day 8 my pick is Maria Sharapova, aka Anna Kournikova v3.0 (only better at tennis) (note: v2.0 was Daniela Hantuchova circa 2002)

Doll_Face
01-22-2006, 08:21 PM
This is a hard one for me because it's personal.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm [smiley=39.gif]

My Day Nine pick:

Lindsay Davenport

That hurts, but this is the TAT Suicide Pool and you have to be tough!!!!

Charlie02123
01-22-2006, 08:23 PM
I have already picked Henin and Petrova, so I better hope that they both lose in the quarters because if I either of them make it to the semis I'm effed. I really want to save Clijsters for the final (I love you Kim!) and if I have already picked the two semifinalists on one side I am screwed. If that happens I will have to pick Kim in the semis and lose the final day by default (no players left to pick). Oh well, I guess at this point I will just try to last as long as possible and hope for the best.

My day 9 pick is: Maria Sharapova.

I could change this pick to Davenport if I can muster up the courage to do so. You see, if there is a Davenport/Sharapova semifinal I favor Sharapova, so I would have to pick Davenport in this round to have the next one work out. But I am much more confident that Maria can beat Nadia then I am in Lindsay beating Justine. So I am conflicted. Anyways, if Nadia does pull off the upset I will still be happy because I like her a lot more than Maria.

udaneri
01-23-2006, 02:55 AM
My day 9 pick is Maria Sharapova

bartman2099
01-23-2006, 03:28 AM
So it's come down to this...trust someone with your life this round and if she wins root as hard as you can against her or you're out!
I yhink JHH is going to the final so:

My pick: Maria Sharapova

As this thing is shaping up I don't think there'll be a lone winner; either several people'll beat the draw or everybody'll be ousted at the same time.
Maybe the old-timers of the forum have seen something like this before, how has it unfolded?

chapin
01-23-2006, 04:22 AM
My pick is Maria Sharapova but let me get a cheer in and say Go Lindsay so I have an option in the final. We will see. For my first time, this has been a ton of fun.

gibbermiata
01-23-2006, 05:00 AM
sharapova

purplemaple
01-23-2006, 05:55 AM
Maria Sharapova

Jidkova_Fan
01-23-2006, 06:07 AM
I thought they played all four q-finals on the same day :'(

Oh well, that's my stratagey ruined.

However, I can still make it to the final, so I'll carry on for as long as I can.

My pick for day 9. Justine Henin-Hardenne.

mysterX
01-23-2006, 06:45 AM
Justine Henin-Hardenne

mustbeatypo
01-23-2006, 07:45 AM
petrova

Moose
01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
well, someone will be leaving after tonight, because we have at least one person on each side of each match.

Hope Herodutus gets a pick in on time...that's all that is missing

Herodotus
01-23-2006, 01:38 PM
I can't win this thing if Petrova wins, so all my hopes are now riding on Sharapova.

Day 9: Maria Sharapova