PDA

View Full Version : Day 11/12 Mens AO Suicide Pool Pick

Moose
01-24-2006, 05:25 PM
the Australian is the only Slam that plays its mens semis on two seperate days...since by tomorrow night we are down to 4 players, we combine Day 11 and 12 so you can make one selection, while being able to save one player for the Final.

We also won't know who is playing in the semis until late tonigt, early tomorrow, as two matches play today that determine the other semi. My guess is that everyone who is still alive is saving the player from one of today's matches for the final, so most of the picks for this round are going to come from the Nalbandian/Baghdatis match (if you have saved one, or both, of these players).

Also remember, when you make this pick, you are, in essence, making your final selection, since, if you are correct, you have also eliminated one of the two players from the final match.

You willl need to return to make a final pick for Day 14, because if you are still alive, you may need to make a tiebreak selection as well.

Day 11/12 Matches:

David Nalbandian vs. Marcos Baghdatis

Micholas Kiefer or Sebastian Grosjean vs. Roger Federer or Nickolas Davydenko

Good luck everyone!

shtexas
01-25-2006, 07:44 AM
Officially, slicentice is the only player left that can make a pick, and he has one player left to choose.

Slicentice, you have won the men's suicide pool, but go ahead and make your semi pick.

spt
01-25-2006, 08:04 AM
hey, hey, hey...Doesn't Federer actually have to win in order for slicentice to win the contest. I haven't come this far to go down without a fight. Dang andy roddick and his mojo.

shtexas
01-25-2006, 09:05 AM
hey, hey, hey...Doesn't Federer actually have to win in order for slicentice to win the contest. I haven't come this far to go down without a fight. Dang andy roddick and his mojo.

We've encountered this in the past. Here is the link:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1126191195

slicentice
01-25-2006, 02:17 PM
Federer.

I think it's a pretty safe pick. Thanks to everybody who made this pool possible.

Thank you to Mr. Wertheim for dropping it in his Mailbag.

Moose
01-25-2006, 05:12 PM
and thanks to you, slicentice, and our other 97 players in our AO Suicide Pool.

spt
01-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Congratulations to Slicentice. I am pretty pleased with a second place finish. I guess I learned that even though you are picking low seeds, if they are hot they can make a run and wipe out most strategy. I never would have projected baghdatis as a semifinalist. I figured he was a second or third round loser for sure.

Again, congratulations to slicentice and thank you talkabouttennis.com for doing this contest.

Moose
01-25-2006, 05:57 PM
pretty pleased, spt?...you did OUTSTANDING... you beat 96 other players. We were real glad to have you play, and hope you'll be back to challenge again for the title at the French.

spt
01-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Moose, I don't know....clay court tennis, that can be tough. I only know to pick the South Americans and Spaniards to beat the guys from the U.S.

I'll keep lurking around on the boards, I've enjoyed my time here.