PDA

View Full Version : Day 11 - Womens AO Suicide Pool Pick

Moose
01-24-2006, 05:19 PM
a little complicated, but we'll navigate through this.

Tomorrow is the womens semifinals....but we won't know the two players in the 2nd semi for a little while, as they are playing tonight - immediately following the Kiefer/Grosjean match.

One word of caution...when making your semifinal pick, remember you are in essence picking the winner...as, if you have survived the semi, you eliminated one oppnent in the final.

You will have to come back to make a finals choice...but you do get a day to think it over on Day 12.

Day 11 Matches:

Justine Henin Hardene vs. Maria Sharapova

Patty Schnyder or Amelie Mauresmo vs. Kim Clijsters or Martina Hingis

Good luck!

gibbermiata
01-25-2006, 03:02 AM
clijsters

udaneri
01-25-2006, 03:06 AM
Well, it is the end for me as I don't have more players to pick. :-X

I am happy to get this far in my first suicide pool, not bad for a rookie. ;D

So ADIOS !!! from Buenos Aires, see you at Indian Wells....

.. and hope Naldbandian wins it all !!!

chapin
01-25-2006, 03:31 AM
The lone person I have yet to pick out of the remaining girls and that's Amelie Mauresmo. I give her a good shot at Clijsters. Again, this has been fun.

purplemaple
01-25-2006, 05:02 AM
This is tough, but i do want to see Clijsters get her revenge in the final against her old nemesis.

So, my pick will be Justine Henin-Hardenne.

mysterX
01-25-2006, 06:49 AM
Amelie Mauresmo

Charlie02123
01-25-2006, 08:25 AM
Hey everyone,
I am out of the tournament because I have already picked all of the semifinalists. Congrats to everyone who is still in it and I hope someone can beat the draw.

joshman
01-25-2006, 09:40 AM
wow, my 1st suicide pool and i made it to the semis!

and i still have a chance to go all the way

I'm glad you picked Henin-Hardenne purple because I am picking Clijsters and leaving Henin-Hardenne as my pick for champion; Clijsters injury makes me think this is Aussie Open 2004 redux.

My semifinal pick is "Aussie Kim" Clijsters

bartman2099
01-25-2006, 11:21 AM
I'll take Justine Henin for now but I'm liable to change it later...

Herodotus
01-25-2006, 12:47 PM
It's been a great contest so far, and it will remain competitive until the end. Here's hoping I make it that far.

Day 11: Justine Henin Hardene

Moose
01-25-2006, 05:18 PM
well this should be interesting. if we get an all Belgian final, we'll have at least two people who have Kim left, and two that have Justine left. IF we get Mauresmo and Sharapova, then MysterX will cinch a victory, as he would be the only player with a pick left to be made (everyone else would have "died" after the semis, because they have no remaining players.
Lots of combinations possible out of this...think the only possible result tonight that kills all our remaining players is if Maria and Kim are the finalists.

bartman2099
01-26-2006, 01:48 AM
Well as far as I can tell, it's over...Kim's retirement f*cked it all up. 5 of us (chapin, purplemaple, mysterX, herodotus and myself) are in the final with no picks left, a JHH-Clijsters or a Mauresmo-Sharapova final was needed to have the possibility of someone beating the draw.
This was my 1st suicide pool and I certainly'll be back, props to the organisers!
And congratulations to all the winners (yay! I won!)!

purplemaple
01-26-2006, 06:45 AM
oh well, oh well, luck is not on our side bartman. (It's not the hip injury but the ankle. Can you believe that?!!)

So, good luck to whoever still has a chance to pick for the final. It sure was fun.

Thanx organizers!!!

To the Losers Lounge I go!!

Herodotus
01-26-2006, 07:08 AM
Hopefully the admins can shed some light on the situation, but it may not be over yet for the five of us who reached the final but cannot pick a winner. I'm happy to have a five way tie for the victory, but they may want a single winner. We may have to participate in a tiebreaker.

Moose
01-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah, its a 5 way tie for the winners, Herodotus. No one can go any further.