PDA

View Full Version : IW Men Suicide Pool - Day 6

shtexas
03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
I Andreev (RUS) vs (3)A Roddick (USA)
(1)R Federer (SUI) vs (16)R Gasquet (FRA)
(20)S Grosjean (FRA) vs (2)R Nadal (ESP)
(26)T Haas (GER) vs J Blake (USA)
(25)M Baghdatis (CYP) vs (23)T Berdych (CZE)
D Nalbandian (ARG) vs P Srichaphan (THA)
P Mathieu (FRA) or M Ancic (CRO) vs I Ljubicic (CRO)
J Nieminen (FIN) vs M Safin (RUS)

Moose
03-15-2006, 05:47 AM
here's a name I haven't had a chance to use in some time!

My Day 6 pick: Marat Safin

and by doing so, I have put both my mens and womens game today in the hands of the first family of insanity on the tennis courts.

dryrunguy
03-15-2006, 06:18 AM
Right or wrong, I'm going to stick with the plan...

Ljubicic.

Dry

Herodotus
03-15-2006, 07:28 AM
This is a tricky decision between Baghdatis and Ljubicic. I think both will lose in the next round should they move forward and I feel more comfortable with Baghdatis over Berdych than I do with Ljubicic over Ancic. Berdy did beat Henman and Hewitt, but I'm guessing the Baghdatis magic will continue.

Marcos Baghdatis

dryrunguy
03-15-2006, 08:20 AM
This is a tricky decision between Baghdatis and Ljubicic. I think both will lose in the next round should they move forward and I feel more comfortable with Baghdatis over Berdych than I do with Ljubicic over Ancic. Berdy did beat Henman and Hewitt, but I'm guessing the Baghdatis magic will continue.

Marcos Baghdatis

Herod, you've got bigger cajones than I do, but that was the match to pick, I think. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

So three people left and three different picks... Very interesting!

Dry

Herodotus
03-15-2006, 08:41 AM

Marcos Baghdatis

Herod, you've got bigger cajones than I do, but that was the match to pick, I think. I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

So three people left and three different picks... Very interesting!

Dry

A safe pick cost me on the women's side, so no more timid picks. If I go out, I'm at least going down swinging. Nice to see we're all taking different players, only time will tell who picked the right path.

Moose
03-15-2006, 01:37 PM
well Herod, looks like you made it through safely.

And I like your swining for the fences attitude. That's what I tried today with Safina on the womens side, since that was my only chance for beating the draw. She didn't come through, but it was worth the chance.

Now I'm banking on Marat. I am so the glutton for punishment.

Herodotus
03-15-2006, 02:01 PM
I love Marcos and the way he came through for me today. He's my new favorite player.

dryrunguy
03-15-2006, 09:56 PM
Moose, it was a valiant effort on your part.

Actually, I wish Marat had won... Would make things easier for me!

Dry