PDA

View Full Version : Womens Day 2 Picks

Moose
03-22-2006, 05:21 PM
good luck survivors! Picks are due by 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time 3/23. which is 3:00 p.m. on our TAT Clock.

Sybille Bammer (AUT) vs. Vania King (USA) WC
Sania Mirza (IND) vs. Anna Tatishvili (GEO) WC
Jill Craybas (USA) vs. Jelena Kostanic (CRO)
Zi Yan (CHN) vs. Michaella Krajicek (NED)
Anna Smashnova (ISR) vs. Lourdes Dominguez Lino (ESP)
Anna Chakvetadze (RUS) vs. Karolina Sprem (CRO)
Tathiana Garbin (ITA) Q vs. Laura Granville (USA)
Shinobu Asagoe (JPN) vs. Nuria Llagostera Vives (ESP)
Elena Vesnina (RUS) vs. Emilie Loit (FRA)
Laura Pous Tio (ESP) Q vs. Victoria Azarenka (BLR) Q
Akiko Morigami (JPN) vs. Na Li (CHN)
Alisa Kleybanova (RUS) WC vs. Virginie Razzano (FRA)
Ekaterina Bychkova (RUS) vs. Catalina Castano (COL)
Maria Elena Camerin (ITA) Q vs. Emma Laine (FIN)
Meng Yuan (CHN) Q vs. Marta Domachowska (POL)
Varvara Lepchenko (UZB) Q vs. Jie Zheng (CHN)

Moose
03-22-2006, 05:31 PM
Damn!

I"m playing it safe and taking Mirza for my Day 2 pick.

dryrunguy
03-22-2006, 05:39 PM
Smashnova

mysterX
03-22-2006, 05:55 PM
Sania Mirza

Jidkova_Fan
03-22-2006, 06:12 PM
My Day 2 Pick:-

Sania Mirza

Charlie02123
03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Yeah, I'm going with the crowd and picking Mirza. She seems to be the only "safe" pick, but those quotes can knock you out of the Pool real fast if the Wildcard can get inspired.

shtexas
03-22-2006, 07:49 PM
I'm going to be a little bit different since this is practice:

Michaella Krajicek [smiley=yes.gif]

Herodotus
03-22-2006, 08:34 PM
Sania Mirza

catz33
03-22-2006, 09:08 PM
Zheng

neka
03-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Sania Mirza

bartman2099
03-23-2006, 03:11 AM
Jie Zheng

jadesa
03-23-2006, 04:38 AM
I guess I will go with Mirza too.

Martini4me
03-23-2006, 06:03 AM
Oww, I didn't realize tournament play was starting yesterday(wondered why 10:00 yesterday was cutoff for first day's picks). It appears my first pick (Jackson) looks like a cheat, as it appears that was first match on court, and it may have already been over when I posted my pick, but I honestly didn't know.

Anyway, I'll just play along (outside the "official" competition) until I lose. Domachowska for today.

BTW, I tried to look at the draw to see what the potential upcoming matchups might be, and the NASDAQ 100 site still has last year's results on the website. Am I missing something, or is there a draw sheet our there elsewhere?

Moose
03-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Martini:

Please feel free to follow along, we're glad to have you at TAT. Can't count your picks as official, but we're happy to have you on board, following the game and making your picks.

This should link you to the actual 2006 draws:
http://www.nasdaq-100open.com/draws/

Moose
03-23-2006, 07:20 AM
Day 2 is OFFICIALLY CLOSED!

dryrunguy
03-23-2006, 05:02 PM
For the second time in the last two women's pools, I get nailed by a retirement. This time it's Smashnova.

A pre-menopausal hag from hell.

Dry

3mlm
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
For the second time in the last two women's pools, I get nailed by a retirement. This time it's Smashnova.

Dry

I thought that was a risky pick.

But the new Rika Fujiwara is officially Shuai Peng. Look what she's done to TennisDude.

dryrunguy
03-23-2006, 05:41 PM

Dry

I thought that was a risky pick.

But the new Rika Fujiwara is officially Shuai Peng. Look what she's done to TennisDude.

My first instinct was to go for Na Li. But Morigami pulls good results out of nowhere, so that scared me. And they had no head to head. I wasn't about to go for Mirza. Since Dementieva made the final last week, she's due an early exist. That's her history. So I didn't want to go there. Wanted to save Mirza in case she got deep.

Smashnova, on the other hand had a resounding win over Dominquez Lino, a pure dirtballer, from last year... She won 1-2 in straights... How was that risky? Especially since Smashnova was doomed to lose to Golovin in the next round?

Still, I should have known better, I guess. She did something like kthis to me a few weeks ago in the regular prediction contest, retiring with a huge lead in the third because of "heat-related illness."

Oh well, best of luck to everyone else.

Dry