PDA

View Full Version : Day 4 (Fri) Miami Women's SP pick

dave g
03-23-2017, 06:19 PM
Day 4 (Friday) Miami Women's SP Pick
Hello, and welcome to Day 4 of the women's Miami Open practice suicide pool!

I realize that there are still Day 3 matches being played, and some of yesterday's picks have still not been decided. But I didn't want to take the chance that those matches did not get finished before I decide to call it a day. At this moment, we only have one person officially through Day 3. We have two more people waiting for matches to finish. One of them is in trouble, with their opponent serving for the match. It is possible that we will have a winner by the time that all of the Day 3 matches are done.

Even if your Day 3 match is not finished, you need to make your Day 4 pick before matches start tomorrow. You might end up in the position of needing to win two matches in one day.

Your Day 4 women's choice is from 16 matches scattered from the top half of the draw. As always, you will be making one pick each day, and once you use a player, you cannot use them again for the remainder of the tournament.

Post your Day 4 women's selection by responding in this thread. Since this is a practice pool, we will not keep a formal Picks and Results thread. It is your responsibility to self-score your way through the tournament. We encourage you to do this by listing all your previous picks in your post for each day (simply cut and paste from the day before), as this has proven the best way to track your picks from our experience.

Your Day 4 women's Pick is due no later than 11:00 a.m. (EST) on Friday, March 24.

[3] S. Halep (ROU) vs N. Osaka (JPN)
[1] A. Kerber (GER) vs Y. Duan (CHN)
[11] V. Williams (USA) vs [WC] B. Haddad Maia (BRA)
V. Golubic (SUI) vs [8] M. Keys (USA)

[10] J. Konta (GBR) vs [Q] A. Sasnovich (BLR)
[Q] R. Ozaki (JPN) vs [16] K. Bertens (NED)
M. Minella (LUX) vs [7] S. Kuznetsova (RUS)
[Q] P. Tig (ROU) vs [22] K. Mladenovic (FRA)

[25] R. Vinci (ITA) vs [Q] T. Townsend (USA)
[WC] A. Barty (AUS) vs [14] S. Stosur (AUS)
[28] I. Begu (ROU) vs L. Arruabarrena (ESP)
[21] C. Garcia (FRA) vs S. Peng (CHN)

P. Parmentier (FRA) vs [24] T. Babos (HUN)
[Q] A. Kontaveit (EST) vs [32] E. Makarova (RUS)
[20] C. Suárez Navarro (ESP) vs J. Goerges (GER)
S. Rogers (USA) vs [31] D. Kasatkina (RUS)

texasniteowl
03-23-2017, 08:45 PM
Day 4: Mladenovic

pending

Day 3: Strycova
Day 2: McHale

JTContinental
03-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Ash Barty

New England Nitemare
03-24-2017, 06:48 AM
Day Four: Madison Keys
Day Three: Dominika Cibulkova
Day Two: Taylor Townsend
Day One: Bye

dave g
03-24-2017, 07:02 AM
We are currently down to three people. Unless one of you changes your picks, the picks are: (one each)

Day 3: Day 4
Cibulkova: Keys
Strycova: Mladenovic
Vesnina: Barty

Good luck!

And then there was one

dryrunguy
03-24-2017, 08:02 AM
Picks for today are closed. Good luck!

dryrunguy
03-24-2017, 12:41 PM
So, if the Day 3 pick of Strycova loses, we already have a winner in the women's pool, yes?

texasniteowl
03-24-2017, 12:46 PM
Hey! Don't go jinxing me like that. As soon as I saw this post, Strycova lost serve to go down 4-5 in the 1st set. Keep your speculations to yourself!

dryrunguy
03-24-2017, 12:58 PM
Hey! Don't go jinxing me like that. As soon as I saw this post, Strycova lost serve to go down 4-5 in the 1st set. Keep your speculations to yourself!

:cheesy:

texasniteowl
03-24-2017, 03:13 PM
Well that was a bit too close for comfort!

Now it is down to Mladenovic for me to survive.

dryrunguy
03-24-2017, 03:52 PM
Well that was a bit too close for comfort!

Now it is down to Mladenovic for me to survive.

Glad you survived! (For now.) Keeps things interesting!

patrick
03-24-2017, 05:28 PM
Mladenovic just lost to Tig.