PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations, Patrick, 2017 AO YCWJ Winner!

Togtdyalttai
01-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Patrick has won the 2017 Australian Open edition of You Can't Win Jack, finishing with a score of 59 points. He distanced himself from the pack early on, and when his picks started winning, it was too late for anyone to catch up. Sokoll, who hung with Patrick for most of the contest, had the misfortune of picks winning even before Patrick's did, but still finished in second with 48.

Aliaksandra Sasnovich was the women's wooden spoon winner. She was held by PeterSkan and me, and that propelled me to third with 46. She lost to Zhang Shuai in the first round, who lost to Alison Riske in the second round, who lost to Sorana Cirstea in the third round, who lost to Garbine Muguruza in the fourth round, who lost to Coco Vandeweghe in the quarterfinals, who lost to Venus Williams in the semifinals, who lost to Serena Williams in the final.

Feliciano Lopez was the men's wooden spoon winner. He lost to Fabio Fognini, who lost to Benoit Paire, who lost to Dominic Thiem, who lost to David Goffin, who lost to Grigor Dimitrov, who lost to Rafael Nadal, who lost to Roger Federer.

Thank you all for playing, and see you for the French Open edition in May!

dryrunguy
01-29-2017, 11:07 AM
Patrick, congratulations! Your medal has been awarded! (Unfortunately, I awarded it before noting it was for winning the 2017 AO edition of YCWJ. I have reached out to Kirkus to see if there's a way to fix that.)

And many thanks to those who ran the contest!

Jeff in TX
01-29-2017, 03:57 PM
Congratulations, Patrick! Well done!

sokoll
01-29-2017, 08:02 PM
Congrats Patrick!

Omegadoom
02-01-2017, 01:09 AM
Congrats to Patrick! Way to go! :overhead_clap:

Many thanks to Tog for running this!