PDA

View Full Version : GA 2016: Strawberries and Cream Lounge

mysterX
05-30-2016, 05:35 PM
This is where we suck on strawberries or bathe in cream, depending on how our picks are doing. And, unlike with suicide pools, you can have hard luck one week but come back and achieve glory the next week.

Share your thoughts as the tournaments unfold!

waylandboy-tw
06-05-2016, 12:07 PM
Deadline to post teams is 5am EST, so just under 14 hours to go!

ptmcmahon
06-07-2016, 06:09 AM
After winning TSIP... I sleep through the GA deadline...doh! (Even had my spreadsheet ready, just hadn't actually "picked" the players.) :)

ponchi101
06-08-2016, 03:06 PM
Basking in your laurels, ah? ;)

waylandboy-tw
06-09-2016, 02:43 PM
We'll be posting scores at or near the QFs for this contest, so here is where things stand as we head towards the first weekend.

1155- Omegadoom (Federer, Bencic, PEHK, Pliskova, Mladenovic, Muller, Vandeweghe, Riske)
1110- Patrick (Federer, Ferrer, Bencic, PEHK, Pliskova, Tomic, Vandeweghe, Riske)
1110- Waylandboy (Federer, Bencic, PEHK, Mladenovic, Pliskova, Mahut, Vandeweghe, Riske)
1030- Drop-shot (Federer, Ferrer, Pliskova, Mladenovic, Simon, Vandeweghe, Riske)
1030- Texasniteowl (Ferrer, Bencic, Pliskova, Mladenovic, Tomic, Karlovic, Puig)
985- Tenedab (Federer, Bencic, Tomic, Karlovic, Pliskova, Vandeweghe, Kontaveit)
895- MysterX (Federer, Bencic, Ferrer, Tomic, Pliskova, Querrey, Vandeweghe)
730- JazzNU (Federer, Bencic, Tomic, Muller, Riske)
710- Ribbons (Federer, Bencic, Mladenovic, Kontaveit)
705- Daveg (Federer, PEHK, Mladenovic, Vandeweghe)
655- Ponchi101 (Federer, Bencic, PEHK, Mladenovic)
605- Jeff in TX (Federer, Bencic, Vandeweghe, Riske)

Some big matches tomorrow including a battle of the E players, Riske vs. Kontaveit.

MysterX will post the week 1 scores at the conclusion of the first week tournaments.

Good luck, and enjoy the tennis!

waylandboy-tw
06-09-2016, 04:10 PM
After winning TSIP... I sleep through the GA deadline...doh! (Even had my spreadsheet ready, just hadn't actually "picked" the players.) :)

It can be exhausting winning these contests, and TSIP is a grind;) Rest up, and we'll hopefully see you and Rafa back on the hardcourts!

Jeff in TX
06-09-2016, 10:27 PM
Alright! 12th place so far! Some Boone's Farm strawberry wine to celebrate the achievement!

texasniteowl
06-10-2016, 03:35 AM
Tied for 4th isn't so bad for me. Too bad my gamble on Cilic didn't pan out this week. Looks like I should have gone with the majority on Vandeweghe and Riske too. Oh well. At least Karlovic just added a few more points for me!

ponchi101
06-10-2016, 08:42 AM
My god! If these were real tournament we were playing in, I would be down all the the way to Futures.
This is so embarrassing :cry:

Jeff in TX
06-10-2016, 12:56 PM
My god! If these were real tournament we were playing in, I would be down all the the way to Futures.
This is so embarrassing :cry:
And you would be beating me in said tourney. Maybe some meldonium would help:rolleyes:

waylandboy-tw
06-12-2016, 04:38 PM
Trade deadline for this week if 6 am EST, just over 10 hours from now

Ribbons
06-12-2016, 05:52 PM
And you would be beating me in said tourney. Maybe some meldonium would help:rolleyes:

There are three beer and no caffeinated beverage smilies in the TAT stash, from what I can tell. Guess we're fully WADA-compliant!

:drunk2::beer::drunk1:

mysterX
06-12-2016, 07:48 PM
A quick update: I will be traveling for work tomorrow, and I may not get to post the weekly scores until Monday evening US time. Here is a quick recap of the week.

Omegadoom and waylandboy-tw are competing for first and second place, which will come down to the result of the Mahut/Muller match in s'Hertogenbosch. If Mahut wins, waylandboy-tw will be in first. If Muller wins, Omegadoom will take the lead.

Regardless of the outcomes of tomorrow's finals, patrick will be in a distant third. Which will be a slightly less distant third if Kohlschreiber manages to beat Thiem in Stuffgart.

The rest of us have some work to do in the upcoming weeks. Fortunately, the tournaments in this contest award lots of points and it is possible to make up ground quickly.

Full details tomorrow.

Drop-shot
06-12-2016, 08:18 PM
So do Thiem and PEHK share a cab/train/plane ride to Halle or do they both withdraw and throw their quarter into chaos?

tenedab
06-13-2016, 06:01 PM
So do Thiem and PEHK share a cab/train/plane ride to Halle or do they both withdraw and throw their quarter into chaos?
It's amazing how much Thiem was able to achieve playing 7 straight weeks and Halle will be the 8th if he doesn't pull out.

Jeff in TX
06-14-2016, 04:41 PM
*sigh* so much for that Muguruza trade. A nice spanish port, please

tenedab
06-14-2016, 05:11 PM
*sigh* so much for that Muguruza trade. A nice spanish port, please
I recommend Barcelona

texasniteowl
06-16-2016, 11:13 AM
Well, I am dropping fast. The only good decision I made this week appears to have been not trading for Muguruza. I have only 4 players remaining for this week and one of them is likely going to still lose today if they are able to get the match in. From being 1200 pts down in 7th I am likely vying for the bottom of the barrel.

waylandboy-tw
06-16-2016, 07:52 PM
Brief update, as the rain is messing with getting us to the QF this week. Omegadoom has taken the lead with Muller's win over Isner. Patrick is getting closer too with Tomic's success this week. Scores to be posted at week's end, and hopefully we can post scores next week at the QF ahead of Wimbledon.

texasniteowl
06-18-2016, 09:59 AM
I'm probably still at the bottom of the pack but I somehow ended up with 3 finalists. Keys, Murray, Zverev.

waylandboy-tw
06-18-2016, 04:43 PM
Trade deadline quickly approaching as we have a Sunday start this week for both Eastbourne and Nottingham. 6am EST, so just over 10 hours to get those trades in.

waylandboy-tw
06-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Quick update at the QF (these scores assume Pliskova wins her R16 match)

Omegadoom continues to stretch his lead over Waylandboy and the field thanks to the continued great play of Gilles Muller. MysterX has pulled into third place.

4960- Omegadoom (ARad, Konta, Mladenovic, Pliskova, Muller)
4815- Waylandboy (ARad, Konta, Mladenovic, Pliskova)
4390- MysterX (Arad, Anderson, Pliskova)
4320- Patrick (Konta, Pliskova)
3780- Texasniteowl (Mladenovic, Puig)
3715- Ponchi101 (Arad, Anderson, Mladenovic, Konta)
3760- Jeff in TX
3705- Tenedab (Anderson, Pliskova)
3615- Drop-shot (Pliskova, Mladenovic)
3215- Daveg (Mladenovic)
3195- JazzNU (Muller)
2450- Ribbons (Arad, Mladenovic, Dolgopolov)

MysterX will post the weekly scoreboard at the week's end. Remember to get those final trades in by the start of Wimbledon, and as always, enjoy the tennis!

texasniteowl
06-24-2016, 06:26 AM
Well, I surrender. Between my existing team, having only 2 trades left, and the draws that came out...I am screwed. Mladenovic as a potential 3rd round with Serena. Puig vs. Konta in the 1st round? A Kyrgios/Murray quarter. I'm just going to throw up the white flag of surrender now.

waylandboy-tw
06-26-2016, 02:53 AM
Final trades are due at 6 am EST on Monday, so about 24 hours left to get them in.