PDA

View Full Version : 2016 AO SKAN

PeterSkan
01-13-2016, 12:56 PM
Hi all -

Good grief - it's 2016 already and the AO is upon us. Heheheheh - that means it's time for another SKAN.

Last year I said:

"Sorry for being so late posting up the first SKAN of 2015. I've been preoccupied with some serious personal matters that came crashing down on me like a load of bricks."

Yeah - my position was abolished at work last January 6th, leaving me unemployed for the rest of the year. It was without cause so my settlement carried me through, thankfully. Anyway, I just started my new job, meaning I'm busy beyond belief right now. And, of course, my very first Board meeting is on Sunday. Figures! lol

Well, enough of that. Let's get on with the SKAN.

Everything is good to go at the host site. In fact, there's already 17 teams in the mix and the opening tier titles have been uploaded. Did I mention that we need more TATers in the contest? Of course there is a prize available to the winner as usual ... YIKES *memo to self - get those 2015 prizes in the mail*

Now ... if you're not a member of the host site and don't want to register, just list your team here and I'll get it in for you. Best to do that rather than PM me because I don't want anybody to miss the deadline because my mailbox is full.

So here's the link to the entry [or to a page that gets you there] - and kudos to TAT for permitting me to promote the SKAN here -

http://www.tennisgamers.com/board/slams/skanteam_submit.php?t_name=2016_AO_SkanCanTest

best wishes to all contestants.

PeterSkan

PeterSkan
01-14-2016, 08:11 PM
Bump for 27 teams.

PeterSkan
01-15-2016, 09:05 PM
37 teams ... c'mon folks, the deadline is approaching :)

PeterSkan
01-16-2016, 12:09 PM
49 :)

PeterSkan
01-16-2016, 10:27 PM
56 teams ... still lots of time to get yours in. Hope to hit 75, at least. :)

PeterSkan
01-17-2016, 01:46 PM
72 teams .. not bad. Any others?

ptmcmahon
01-17-2016, 03:37 PM
Azarneka almost as popular a pick as Djokvoic.

Meanwhile, on the mens side the second most popular pick...is actually Raonic. Seems like people are pretty evenly split among Murray, Fed, and Stan.

PeterSkan
01-25-2016, 12:05 PM
Hi Everybody ...

With all the upsets through the first four rounds, pretty amazing that 8 contestants still have fully intact teams [current Victory score of 660], including three [at least] from TAT. Here's the current standings for the 77 valid team entries after four rounds:

PeterSkan
01-26-2016, 08:03 PM
Kerber might pull me out of the bottom tier, or as Cibulkova described at the host site ...

"The depths of the dark, damp SKAN chamber"

LOL

PeterSkan
01-27-2016, 08:48 PM
Here are the 2016 AO SKAN standings after the QF's. I think the top 7 have the same players, but in different order.

As I write this, Kerber is starting to melt down against Konta. I need Angelique to go to the final in order to salvage something out of this mess.