PDA

View Full Version : Forum Questions and Answers

Correspondent Kiu
09-28-2015, 08:28 AM
I was wondering if there was any way we could post a PDF file under one's reply?
When I save the file as a document and try to post it as a picture, the board rejects the file.

Kirkus
09-28-2015, 01:44 PM
I was wondering if there was any way we could post a PDF file under one's reply?
When I save the file as a document and try to post it as a picture, the board rejects the file.

Here's how to attach files to posts, from our FAQ. If it doesn't answer your question let me know.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_attachment s

(I think there's a file size limit on PDFs of 5mb.)

Correspondent Kiu
09-30-2015, 06:57 AM
Thank you!
What was I thinking trying to up-load a document as a picture?

It works when up-loaded as an attachment.

I wish there could be changes made so we could see the actual document rather than the link. May be I am missing something again?

James7
09-30-2015, 07:04 AM
I think it would be a bad thing if entire document contents could be embedded, personally. For the same reason that pasting entire articles is discouraged. Could you imagine if I embedded my entire PDF graduate dissertation that you'd have to scroll through? You can easily fit novels in 5MB. Sometimes even pictures are too big or numerous and are better linked. Linking it is the appropriate approach for potentially large formats.

Kirkus
10-01-2015, 11:34 PM
Most modern browsers will open PDFs automatically. I know Chrome does.