PDA

View Full Version : Best server's serving mistakes/errors

Rtaiss
08-01-2015, 05:44 PM
Federer s considered to have the best serve ever. In federer s great awesome serve, what are some his serve mistakes errors ?

Taiss
Inventor, scientist and World nbr one coach
Mcpgst.WordPress.com

skatingfan
08-01-2015, 10:44 PM
I don't think I've heard anyone say that Federer has the best serve ever. Sampras, Becker, other had better serves. Federer does two things well with his serve - he places it well and he defends the return very well - not as well in recent years - see the Wimbledon final.

JTContinental
08-02-2015, 12:11 PM
Yes, I would rank Roger's serve as "middling" in terms of the greats.

ponchi101
08-02-2015, 02:53 PM
Having a great "service game" is not the same as being the best server ever.
(Sampras, for my money, and if anybody asks... ;) )

Rtaiss
08-11-2015, 07:17 AM
Federer does in his serve every thing Sam prass does plus adds other stuff. Federer resembled samprass serve at the start of his career, now he perfectionned it even much more. Sam does not have better serve than Federer.
Anyway , what are samprass serving mistakes\errors when he serves ?

Woody
08-11-2015, 01:57 PM
Is this a bot? I'm confused, it feels like a bot. Also, it's marketing the strangest service I've ever seen...

Charlie02123
08-11-2015, 11:01 PM
Is this a bot? I'm confused, it feels like a bot. Also, it's marketing the strangest service I've ever seen...
Whatever. Just roll with it.

Yes, I would rank Roger's serve as "middling" in terms of the greats.
I think he'd crack the top 5 in both serve and forehand.

James7
08-12-2015, 06:01 AM
Interestingly, Isner, Raonic, and Karlovic have had the best serve % points won in all of the last three years (all points on serve, includes double faults and aces). Tennis abstract didn't have stats for that before 2013 for a longer term view, sadly. I think Roddick would be up there, as well as Sampras, obviously.