PDA

View Full Version : Put your team together starting Wednesday

Kirkus
07-09-2006, 12:46 PM
The Hard Road to New York game threads will be online by Wednesday (PST) at which time you'll have 5 days to put your team together.

I have to wait for updated ATP rankings following Wimbledon.

oploskoffie
07-09-2006, 01:59 PM
Count me in! ;D

Jack
07-09-2006, 07:50 PM
Stupid question - have you outlined the rules for this yet? I was looking around, but couldn't find anything on how this contest will work...

thx...

jadesa
07-09-2006, 09:34 PM
Stupid question - have you outlined the rules for this yet? I was looking around, but couldn't find anything on how this contest will work...

thx...
We did a fantasy tennis contest leading up to the French Open (called the Slide into Paris). I don’t know if it will work exactly the same way, but it is still in the Contest Archives section if you want to get a feel for it.
This one would probably give you the best idea of how it worked (hence the title ;))-
Slide into Paris: How it works
(http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1137830993)

Kirkus
07-09-2006, 10:27 PM
Thanks, Jadesa. You got it exactly right.

The only difference in The Hard Road to New York is that it will encompass 6 tournaments (rather than 8) and you'll be allowed 3 substitutions (rather than 4).

The ATP has updated the rankings and I'll be putting everything together Monday and Tuesday and making the necessary posts Tuesday night. Everything will be there to explain the game. But, as always, if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask.

I hope you join us, Jack.

GVGirl
07-10-2006, 06:26 PM
I'm in! Thanks for voting in my suggestion as the official name of the contest.

Kirkus
07-10-2006, 10:35 PM
It's a good title, GVGirl!

I got the threads up a day early. Pick your teams, have fun, and good luck to everyone!

Sebastien447
07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
Gasquet will NOT be part of my team.

This will ensure his success this summer!

GVGirl
07-14-2006, 01:53 PM

[smiley=hyst.gif]

sblanc
07-18-2006, 03:22 PM

Hey Sebastien
It seems like you're on the right track there. 2 tournements in 4 weeks. The man is finally getting his act together now, you must be pleased. Your patience is starting to pay off. All good things come to those that wait Confucious (sp!) said
Cheers,
S
:D

Sebastien447
07-26-2006, 03:59 PM

Hey Sebastien
It seems like you're on the right track there. 2 tournements in 4 weeks. The man is finally getting his act together now, you must be pleased. Your patience is starting to pay off. All good things come to those that wait Confucious (sp!) said
Cheers,
S
:D

I knew leaving him off my team would do it ... I just wish we could get tennis on TV in this country. I could watch that backhand all day long.