PDA

View Full Version : Indianapolis scores will be late...

Kirkus
07-22-2006, 06:38 PM
...I want to watch the final on TV without knowing the result. And of course NBC can't show it live. So I won't start scoring the thing until the match goes off the air. If James Blake wins I may just throw a temper-tantrum and never have anything to do with tennis ever again. At least not until 2011. ::)

cphsrsh
07-22-2006, 08:38 PM
Roddick's been playing lights out this week. James has struggled a bit in his last two matches so I think I'm leaning more towards Roddick right now. He's serving 1st serves at 70% during the tournament and hasn't been broken once!

However, James' development as a tennis player is remarkable. While Roddick's form was declining, Blake's was rapidly rising. No more go-for-broke shots on returns or bonehead shot selections. On the other hand, Blake is just thankful that tomorrow's final is best of 3, not best of 5.

I pick Roddick in 3 sets, the 3rd set being a tie-breaker. (It is a tie-breaker format right?)

GVGirl
07-23-2006, 04:50 AM
...I want to watch the final on TV without knowing the result. And of course NBC can't show it live. So I won't start scoring the thing until the match goes off the air. If James Blake wins I may just throw a temper-tantrum and never have anything to do with tennis ever again. At least not until 2011. ::)

LOL! Sounds like some "logical" person or persons that we know. [smiley=tease.gif] [smiley=hyst.gif]

Kirkus
07-23-2006, 02:35 PM
LOL.

So, I couldn't start watching it 'til about 15 minutes after the start, and I wanted to see the whole thing. So I TiVo'd it. But did I think to TiVo the program that followed it just in case it went longer than 2 hours? No. No I didn't. I never saw the end of the match. I had to go online to see who won. Doh!

Kirkus
07-23-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm just now starting to score Indianapolis. Give me a couple of hours... I do it by hand. Scores should be online in about 3 hours, by 5 p.m. PST.

Danielle
07-23-2006, 09:42 PM
I pick Roddick in 3 sets, the 3rd set being a tie-breaker. (It is a tie-breaker format right?)

Good call on the score, save the final outcome (sorry Kirkus :()! It was a terrific match, more court usage than I've seen in awhile. I thought Roddick had it but Blake was able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat and prevent those service breaks.

And can I just say I really like Jim Courier as a commentator? Wish he'd do more.

Kirkus
07-23-2006, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll hear Jim commentating for USA Network at the USO.

cphsrsh
07-30-2006, 05:03 PM

Good call on the score, save the final outcome (sorry Kirkus :()! It was a terrific match, more court usage than I've seen in awhile. I thought Roddick had it but Blake was able to pull a few rabbits out of the hat and prevent those service breaks.

And can I just say I really like Jim Courier as a commentator? Wish he'd do more.

I'm sorry I'm replying so late. (Must have missed it on the "Recent Posts Column" -> I ALWAYS use it, Kirkus!) Hmm.. I did say that Fed would put 2 bagels on Nadal in the Wimbledon Final. I'm not completely right, but I'm not completely wrong either. :-/ I say Hewitt wins DC.