PDA

View Full Version : THRNY - Ask questions here

Kirkus
07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
If you have questions about TAT Fantasy Tennis: The Hard Road to New York, post them here. I'll keep an eye on this thread daily and and get an answer up as soon possible.

Charlie02123
07-13-2006, 02:38 PM
I'm not sure I understand how you know how many points each player is worth. I looked at the Slide to Paris link but I could only find that one "how it works' thread which didn't help me. I have an idea judging from other peoples picks but it would be nice if you could give me the link to an explanation or spell it out for me. Thanks!

Kirkus
07-13-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm not sure I understand how you know how many points each player is worth. I looked at the Slide to Paris link but I could only find that one "how it works' thread which didn't help me. I have an idea judging from other peoples picks but it would be nice if you could give me the link to an explanation or spell it out for me. Thanks!

Here ya go, Charlie: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1152581047

And here's a link to the tournament points: http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1152581128

You can see these threads at the top of the Hard Road to New York board, right?

Charlie02123
07-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Oh my gosh. Have those been there the whole time? Oh no. No no no no. I need to go drown myself now. Oh man. Captain Not Smart at your service. Geez. Oh well. Thanks!

Kirkus
07-14-2006, 11:17 AM
No problemo. Good luck.

Sebastien447
07-14-2006, 02:40 PM
Will PIE be provided at any time during the competition?

PIE PIE PIE

Gimme PIE!!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

mysterX
07-15-2006, 12:26 PM
Can I leave one or more roster spots blank for a week or two, then fill it in later without using a substitution?

shtexas
07-15-2006, 12:37 PM
Can I leave one or more roster spots blank for a week or two, then fill it in later without using a substitution?

I note the rules say you must always have three players per category.

Kirkus
07-15-2006, 02:08 PM

I note the rules say you must always have three players per category.

shtexas is correct.

sblanc
07-15-2006, 02:25 PM
Bonjour Kirkus,
How many times can one modify one's list of players. I've just checked out the draw at Indianapolis and noticed the Fed is not playing. So can I change him for someone else and then put him back in when he's playing. And this for all the players?
:-? SB

Sebastien447
07-15-2006, 02:56 PM
And, yes, I am still waiting for a response to my pie inquiry. :P

After every THRNY tournament we should all eat PIE!

PIE

PIE

PIE

GIMME PIE!

[smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Kirkus
07-15-2006, 03:38 PM
Bonjour Kirkus,
How many times can one modify one's list of players. I've just checked out the draw at Indianapolis and noticed the Fed is not playing. So can I change him for someone else and then put him back in when he's playing. And this for all the players?
:-? SB

Bonjour sblanc,

Your initial team can be changed as many times as you like up until the start of Indianapolis. In the case of Federer not playing Indy, for example, you can change him now without penalty. But remember, when you put him in at a later date, in place of someone else, that will count as 1 substitution.

From the official rules:

SUBSTITUTIONS:
You are allowed up to 3 subsititutions during the 6 tournament contest. Substitutions can be made at any time, but a substitution will not go into effect until the following tournament. To make a substitution, sell a player back (adding his price to your remaining credits) then simply buy another player. YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE 3 PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 150 CREDITS.

Kirkus
07-15-2006, 03:50 PM
I've order 10 pies to be delilvered to the TAT dining room on Sunday the 23rd. We'll bust 'em open following the RCA final. ;D

Sebastien447
07-16-2006, 02:50 PM
I've order 10 pies to be delilvered to the TAT dining room on Sunday the 23rd. We'll bust 'em open following the RCA final. ;D

Kirkie is the best! He understands the importance of PIE! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

mrjiggyfly2
07-30-2006, 02:01 PM
Kirkus,

Does modify basically mean substitute? I have not made any changes to my initial lineup, but I would like to substitue Hewitt in for Federer in for Washington tourney. I assume that change counts as a substitution. But I will want to change back following the Washington event. Will that also count as a substituion?? I'm a little foggy on the sub thing. Sorry to bother you. Please advise.

Kirkus
07-30-2006, 02:20 PM
Kirkus,

Does modify basically mean substitute? I have not made any changes to my initial lineup, but I would like to substitue Hewitt in for Federer in for Washington tourney. I assume that change counts as a substitution. But I will want to change back following the Washington event. Will that also count as a substituion?? I'm a little foggy on the sub thing. Sorry to bother you. Please advise.

Not a bother, my friend. It's what this thread is for.

"Change" and "Substitution" mean the same thing. If you take Federer out and put Hewitt in for Washington, that's 1 substitution. If you then take Hewitt out and put Federer in, that's 2 substitutions. Leaving you 1 left.

mrjiggyfly2
07-30-2006, 02:23 PM
Kirkus,

Not a bother, my friend. It's what this thread is for.

"Change" and "Substitution" mean the same thing. If you take Federer out and put Hewitt in for Washington, that's 1 substitution. If you then take Hewitt out and put Federer in, that's 2 substitutions. Leaving you 1 left.

Thx

Danielle
07-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Just made my first substitution today - am assuming I got it in on time and did it properly? Cuz leave it to me to somehow screw it up... :)

Thanks Kirkus!

Kirkus
07-30-2006, 10:47 PM
Just made my first substitution today - am assuming I got it in on time and did it properly? Cuz leave it to me to somehow screw it up... :)

Thanks Kirkus!

On time and didn't screw up a thing.

And, thank you! I forgot to check the draw for Washington until I read your post. ;)

sblanc
08-08-2006, 02:12 PM
Hiya Kirkus,
I've been wanting to do a substitution before the cincy tournament, but the draws and players will not be posted untill the 11, what is the deadline for substitutuions to take effect?
Ta
S :)

shtexas
08-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Hiya Kirkus,
I've been wanting to do a substitution before the cincy tournament, but the draws and players will not be posted untill the 11, what is the deadline for substitutuions to take effect?
Ta
S :)

Before the start of play on Monday in Cincy.