PDA

View Full Version : I give up on fantasy tennis!

shtexas
08-16-2006, 03:31 PM
I forget to make a change last week to put Fed in and he wins the event. That was expected. My error.

Then, I remember to put him in this week, and look what happens. The only saving grace is Murray is on my team too.

sblanc
08-16-2006, 03:42 PM
Sod's law, tell me about it! I'm an expert!

Sebastien447
08-16-2006, 06:06 PM
I'm with you guys!

oploskoffie
08-16-2006, 06:33 PM
A very recognizable problem :-/ But don't give up! Just play several managers and spread your chances! I know I do ;D ;)

dryrunguy
08-16-2006, 07:59 PM
I forget to make a change last week to put Fed in and he wins the event. That was expected. My error.

Then, I remember to put him in this week, and look what happens. The only saving grace is Murray is on my team too.

Well, I'm sure you'll all understand when I mention that my fantasy team has turned out to be a Grade A, government-inspected, stamped and approved NIGHTMARE!

STOP YOUR WHINING, SHTEXAS... YOU'RE NOT IN LAST PLACE LIKE I AM!!! [smiley=furious3.gif]

[smiley=grouphug.gif]

Dry

Jack
08-16-2006, 10:43 PM
It just goes to figure - after I add Gasquet to my team, begging him to not lose to Robredo and withdraw from New Haven... he loses to Robredo, and withdraws from New Haven. Loser. >:(

Jillz
08-17-2006, 12:05 PM
THRNY is tough...

after doing decently the first week, the players i had either chose to collapsed or disappear for the next few tournaments... and so...

feels like a stock exchange. have to be constantly monitoring the progress and problems of the players... and i have no time!

Sebastien447
08-17-2006, 01:14 PM
feels like a stock exchange. have to be constantly monitoring the progress and problems of the players... and i have no time!

AGREED! I wish we could get rid of the stupid substitution rule, except for injuries. It makes it such a pain, like you said, to have to constantly monitor the progress and problems of the players. Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens? People don't have the time to do what it takes to win this thing.

Kirkus
08-17-2006, 01:48 PM

AGREED! I wish we could get rid of the stupid substitution rule, except for injuries. It makes it such a pain, like you said, to have to constantly monitor the progress and problems of the players. Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens? People don't have the time to do what it takes to win this thing.

You sound cranky today.

Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens?

I have a better idea -- why don't I just play the contest for you. Then you won't have to worry about anything. :P

Sebastien447
08-17-2006, 02:18 PM

You sound cranky today.

Why can't we just pick our teams, lock them in, and see what happens?

I have a better idea -- why don't I just play the contest for you. Then you won't have to worry about anything. :P

Now you're talkin! :P

Kirkus
08-17-2006, 02:38 PM
:P :P :P

LOL.

3mlm
08-17-2006, 10:41 PM
I substitute Federer in and take Roddick out and what happens? Federer tanks (according to Seb).

I like to whine too.

dryrunguy
08-19-2006, 01:43 PM
I just checked the New Haven draw.

The good news is I have five guys in the draw.

The bad news is they're all in the same half.

I hope this isn't an omen of my suicide pool chances...

Dry

shtexas
08-19-2006, 01:59 PM
Does the New Haven mens draw start on Sunday? If so, we need to make substitutions before the mens final in Cincy. Complicated for Kirkus and his scoring.

cphsrsh
08-19-2006, 02:15 PM
Seb, part of what attracts fantasy sports is that you can add/delete players as you go on through the season. Also, it's good that there is a limit on the amount of substitutions because I know some people will do a million of them if they're allowed to.

I am so-so in fantasy tennis, but I'm willing to take on the ride!

Kirkus
08-19-2006, 02:28 PM
Does the New Haven mens draw start on Sunday? If so, we need to make substitutions before the mens final in Cincy. Complicated for Kirkus and his scoring.

Good catch, shtexas. Round 1 DOES begin on Sunday. Substitutions must be made before play beings in New Haven.