PDA

View Full Version : Bar Graph of Current Scores

cphsrsh
07-30-2006, 09:22 PM
It is a bit hard to see, but I hope you can get a better picture of where you stand.

I'll try to add some statistical analysis later on.

* Edit August 14th, 2006 : I should have updated this sooner, but here it is after Toronto.
If you have troubles seeing the graph, please let me know.

* Edit August 20th, 2006 : This one's after Cinci.

* Edit August 26th, 2006 : Final scores after New Haven.

Kirkus
07-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Well, now. Don't we look fancy-schmancy!

Nice job, cphsrsh!!

Danielle
07-31-2006, 11:25 AM
Wow, cphsrsh - between the match streaks mathematics and now this, you've been busy. Very cool, thanks! :D

cphsrsh
07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
:) Thanks. It feels really good to have some people appreciate my work.

I tried to add my statistical analysis last night, but was too busy. I'll add the revised graph and the analysis tonight.

cphsrsh
08-14-2006, 07:07 AM
The updated Bar Graph is posted!
Aplogies for my laziness.. [smiley=hammer2.gif]

dryrunguy
08-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Wow, I feel a lot better now... Only about HALF of people participating in the contest have TWICE as many points as I do...

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Dryrunloser

Kirkus
08-14-2006, 06:03 PM
Wow, I feel a lot better now... Only about HALF of people participating in the contest have TWICE as many points as I do...

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Dryrunloser

LMAO. That's what you get for spending more time scoring the contest instead of playing it.

dryrunguy
08-14-2006, 07:23 PM

[smiley=rolleyes.gif]

Dryrunloser

LMAO. That's what you get for spending more time scoring the contest instead of playing it.

Well, it could be worse...

In the last contest my hopes to eek out a win during the last week rested on Nikolay Davydenko... Talk about an exercise in futility... But when that WTA contest kicks in, look out. [smiley=boxing.gif]

Dry

3mlm
08-14-2006, 08:38 PM

In the last contest my hopes to eek out a win during the last week rested on Nikolay Davydenko... Talk about an exercise in futility... But when that WTA contest kicks in, look out. [smiley=boxing.gif]

Dry

Yeah, where are the WTA fantasy tournaments so we could really show our abysmal predicting ability?

Danielle
08-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Nice job, cphsrsh - thanks!

cphsrsh
08-14-2006, 10:40 PM

Dry
We're gonna have to start this WTA contest really soon. Just for the sake of you, Dry. ;D

You're welcome, Danielle. Great job on the contest, I might add. :)

dryrunguy
08-15-2006, 10:49 AM

Dry
We're gonna have to start this WTA contest really soon. Just for the sake of you, Dry. ;D

You're welcome, Danielle. Great job on the contest, I might add. :)

Looks like we'll be starting with Beijing. We'll use the rankings after the U.S. Open for the player points.

Dry

Kirkus
08-16-2006, 11:17 AM
As soon as you guys get a name, I'll set up a board.

dryrunguy
08-16-2006, 06:56 PM

I nominate Mujeres a Madrid...

But if that's not appropriate because it's Spanish, I can try to come up with something else...

Dry

Kirkus
08-16-2006, 07:53 PM

I nominate Mujeres a Madrid...

But if that's not appropriate because it's Spanish, I can try to come up with something else...

Dry

It's your show, my friend.

cphsrsh
08-20-2006, 06:20 PM
New Graph following TMS Cinci is up!!

Congrats to all the people who's doing well, and sympathies to the people who's suffering. I feel your pain, mates! :'(

cphsrsh
08-26-2006, 06:33 PM
Final graph is up after New Haven.

Thanks again to Kirkus for the scoreboard. LOL, this is just ripping off the data and pasting into Excel. I feel guilty. :D

Thanks to all the players for participating cuz contests are funner when there are more people involved. Once again, congrats to GVGirl for cheating and time-traveling to know that Davydenko and Soderling (Soderling!) were going to make the SFs or better. ;D

Let's do this again next year, everyone!

Edit : For those that cannot see the graph well because it's too big, click on the "Paperclip" just above the image and see it on a new screen.

Just so you know, my eagerly anticipated "statistical analysis" looked something like this :

Average scores : 631
Median scores : 626

Now, that's advanced mathematics. :P