PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to GlennHarman, ubermitch, and waylandboy-tw!

dryrunguy
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
For winning the 2015 Australian Open Women's Suicide Pool! A performance well done in a pool riddled with sorrow and carnage!

Your medals have been awarded!

waylandboy-tw
01-28-2015, 04:11 PM
Thanks Dry, and congrats to the other medalists, including first-timer GlennHarman.

Many props for all the work that Dry and Shtexas have done this fortnight!

shtexas
01-28-2015, 04:25 PM
Congratulations to all three! Glenn had a good event in both pools.

Moose
01-28-2015, 04:39 PM
Congrats to our winners - fantastic job!

And great work from the lifeguard chair, Dry!

GlennHarman
01-28-2015, 04:56 PM
I'd like to thank the Academy for this award. And I'd especially like to thank the little people: my high school drama teacher who always told me he saw such potential in my performance as "Third Soldier" in the senior play; my orthodontist; and, my plastic surgeon who initially said it couldn't be done. I'd also like to congratulate the other nominees, since getting nominated is really winning. (note to self: say that last sentence warmly, as if you really meant it, while staring sincerely into the eyes of the LOSERS). And I'd like to close by saying, You like me, You REALLY like me! (flash the pearly whites while gazing into the camera with a single tear running down one cheek.....then walk majestically off stage clutching the statuette with both hands.)

GlennHarman
01-28-2015, 05:00 PM
Woops.....I posted the wrong acceptance speech...that one is waiting for another special occasion.

Anyway, thanks for the congrats. It is great fun finally to win one of these things. But (and I really mean this), I have always had such fun competing in the SP's that winning was not something I particularly had my sights set on. Sometimes I have been places where participating was not possible, but when that is not the case, I intend to do these as long as I can. It really makes watching the Slams more fun.....and I even enjoy watching the SP's after I have been eliminated.

Many thanks to the forum staff. You do a wonderful job with this web site. And congrats to the other winners as well.

Love to all!!! Glenn

Ribbons
01-28-2015, 06:34 PM
Way to go, you three!

mmmm8
01-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Congratulations!
(I only hate you a little bit)

Scotty
01-28-2015, 06:46 PM
Congratulations GlennHarman, ubermitch, and waylandboy-tw!

skatingfan
01-28-2015, 06:47 PM
Congrats to the three medalists - and thanks to the staff - looking forward to practice pools for Indian Wells & Miami :)

patrick
01-29-2015, 02:44 AM
Congratulations to the medalists

ubermitch
01-29-2015, 05:52 AM
Thanks everyone and especially the staff for organizing and running these contests. Looking forward to the next pool.

fastbackss
01-29-2015, 11:30 AM
Congrats are in order for sure! Nice job to all. :cool:

I offer a sincere thank you to the organisers, especially the hijinx I put them through trying to get my picks in while I was travelling for work...

ponchi101
01-29-2015, 03:28 PM
Congrats to all, and to Glenn, just a quick:
"read my lips" (so tells you Kim Sears (http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/1/29/7938961/kim-sears-swearing-vine-andy-murray-australian-open))
(Good job, dude. And good speech)

winston
01-29-2015, 04:09 PM
Congrats to all. And thanks to dry and shtexas.

Kirkus
01-30-2015, 09:43 AM
Congratulations to you all!! Nice job! :)

MediaGrrl
01-30-2015, 02:44 PM
I'd like to thank the Academy for this award. And I'd especially like to thank the little people: my high school drama teacher who always told me he saw such potential in my performance as "Third Soldier" in the senior play; my orthodontist; and, my plastic surgeon who initially said it couldn't be done. I'd also like to congratulate the other nominees, since getting nominated is really winning. (note to self: say that last sentence warmly, as if you really meant it, while staring sincerely into the eyes of the LOSERS). And I'd like to close by saying, You like me, You REALLY like me! (flash the pearly whites while gazing into the camera with a single tear running down one cheek.....then walk majestically off stage clutching the statuette with both hands.)

I wept at your acceptance speech , well done

New England Nitemare
01-30-2015, 04:17 PM
Congrats to GlennHarman, ubermitch, and waylandboy-tw who survived and conquered the Ladies Pool....a job well done!!!!.... :)

Also a shout out to Dry and Shtexas for running these pools.....:)

They are fun as well as frustrating at the same time....as my quest for my first medal continues....

Omegadoom
01-30-2015, 11:10 PM
Congrats to GlennHarman, ubermitch, & Wayland-boy (Way to go buddy :cool: ) :overhead_clap:

Many thanks to Dryrunguy & the entire TAT staff, for all the time & hard work you put into running this contest. :thumbsup:

slamdog
02-01-2015, 04:27 PM
Congratulations to the winners! Great job!

Irena2
02-02-2015, 09:37 PM
Congratulations!