PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Around The World: How it works

dave g
01-11-2015, 06:46 AM
Around the World will be open to all TAT members. It will encompass 8 WTA indoor and outdoor hard-court and clay tournaments: Antwerp, Pattaya, Dubai, Rio, Dubai, Acapulco, Monterrey and Kuala Lumpur.

Your team will consist of 12 WTA players from the top 100 women (as of the rankings dated January 20, 2015) on the WTA Tour. You will have 150 credits to spend on your 12-woman team. Your initial team may not be the same as a team that has already been posted, or it will be disqualified. We'll do our best to help monitor this. However, the responsibility of adhering to the requirements of this rule falls solely in the hands of the contest participant.

The top 100 WTA players are divided into 4 categories. Each player will be priced according to her ranking. You'll purchase 3 players from each category.

Like other TAT Fantasy Tournaments, each player on your team will be awarded points depending on how deep she goes in each tournament.

Substitutions:
You are allowed up to 4 trades during the 8 tournament contest. Trades can be made at any time and for any reason, but a trade will not go into effect until the following tournament. To make a trade, sell a player back (adding her price to your remaining credits) then simply buy another player. When making a trade, please post in the Trade Thread, found here. YOU MUST ALWAYS HAVE 3 PLAYERS PER CATEGORY ON YOUR TEAM AND YOU CAN NEVER HAVE SPENT MORE THAN 150 CREDITS.

Tournaments:
Antwerp February 9
Pattaya February 9
Dubai February 15 (note: has a Sunday start)
Rio February 16
Acapulco February 23
Doha February 23
Monterrey March 2
Kuala Lumpur March 2

Links to the different tournament websites can be found at http://www.wtatennis.com/tournaments

Categories and Player Pricing:
CATEGORY A: Players 1-15. Price 16-30 credits each.
CATEGORY B: Players 16-40. Price 9-15 credits each.
CATEGORY C: Players 41-70. Price 6-8 credits each.
CATEGORY D: Players 71-100. Price 5 credits each.

It is your responsibility to "scout" the players on your team and ensure that they're playing in each specific tournament. The team you have at the start of each tournament is the team you're playing.

Your team must be posted by the start of play at the earliest time in Paris or Pattaya, which begins Monday, February 9, 2015. No late entrants will be accepted.

What Do You Do Now?
Select your team before the start of play Monday, February 9! You can find the list of players and prices at here.

If you still have any questions after reading the contest rules, please feel free to ask them here! We'll answer them as quickly as possible.

tenedab
01-25-2015, 08:11 PM
I guess you mean Belgium for the first tournament.

Drop-shot
01-26-2015, 04:20 AM
I guess you mean Belgium for the first tournament.

Antwerp is in Belgium :)

tenedab
01-26-2015, 05:49 AM
Antwerp is in Belgium :) Thanks for geography tip. When I posted my comment last night it was Paris everywhere and then they corrected it.

dave g
01-26-2015, 06:22 AM
Thanks for geography tip. When I posted my comment last night it was Paris everywhere and then they corrected it.

Thanks for finding this error. We often just copy last years announcements and make modifications. Occasionally, I will miss some of the tournament location changes.

Dave

skatingfan
02-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Hey dave g, just wondering about the points for Dubai this week - are they the same as Doha - Dubai has same number of rounds.

patrick
02-15-2015, 04:26 AM
Hey dave g, just wondering about the points for Dubai this week - are they the same as Doha - Dubai has same number of rounds.

Yes, all points are the same. In Dubai, first round is 2. Second round is 7 and the same for each round thereafter.

tenedab
02-15-2015, 06:44 AM
Yes, all points are the same. In Dubai, first round is 2. Second round is 7 and the same for each round thereafter.

It looks like they reversed Dubai and Doha this year as far as the draw size is concerned. Dubai will have 6 rounds and Doha just 5. So I suspect Doha should start with 7 points.

dave g
02-15-2015, 08:42 AM
It looks like they reversed Dubai and Doha this year as far as the draw size is concerned. Dubai will have 6 rounds and Doha just 5. So I suspect Doha should start with 7 points.

Thanks for pointing that out. I don't always notice it when the same tournaments are played each year, but the formats switch back and forth between tournaments.