PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Australian Open Suicide Pool: Ask Questions Here

dryrunguy
01-10-2015, 10:50 PM
If you have any questions about the AO Suicide Pool, post it in this thread and we'll answer it as soon as we can! Please read this thread (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/threads/22780-2015-Australian-Open-Suicide-Pool-How-It-Works?p=821293#post821293) first.

calvin_hobbes29
01-23-2015, 03:04 AM
If I pick a player and his/her opponent withdraws before the start of play, am I credited with a win? Or would I have to pick another match?

Martini4me
01-23-2015, 08:04 AM
No, Calvin, you wouldn't need to make another pick. You picked a player to advance to the next round, and whether he does so in a match or by walkover, you would be through. By the same token, if your pick gives a walkover to his/her opponent, you're out.

calvin_hobbes29
01-23-2015, 08:32 AM
So if, say, Muller were to withdraw right now, all the people who've already picked Isner would be fine, but Isner could not be picked by anybody else?

shtexas
01-23-2015, 08:40 AM
So if, say, Muller were to withdraw right now, all the people who've already picked Isner would be fine, but Isner could not be picked by anybody else?

Once the match becomes ineligible (per our pulling it off the choices), no one else can pick from that match. That's an advantage to picking early.

calvin_hobbes29
01-23-2015, 11:57 AM
Thanks for the clarification, you two!

duckylynt
01-24-2015, 03:41 AM
I posted Raonic for yesterday day 6 and it is not recorded it says no pick and my name is in red. When you look at the posting page I'm right there on page 8. what can do to get it fixed, please? I already entered for day 7. thanks, Duckylynt

shtexas
01-24-2015, 09:09 AM
I posted Raonic for yesterday day 6 and it is not recorded it says no pick and my name is in red. When you look at the posting page I'm right there on page 8. what can do to get it fixed, please? I already entered for day 7. thanks, Duckylynt

You never made a day 4 men's pick

Your post search history:

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1193180

pudding
01-25-2015, 10:20 PM
OK I'm a bit confused. can you please break down the rest of the tournament schedule for me? Will both semis be played on the same day?

shtexas
01-25-2015, 10:25 PM
OK I'm a bit confused. can you please break down the rest of the tournament schedule for me? Will both semis be played on the same day?

They actually are played on different days in Australia. But, there can only be one semis pick. Otherwise, no one can beat the draw. The semis pick will be due before the first semi.

shtexas
01-27-2015, 12:34 PM
One more time:

The men's semis are on separate days, but only one pick is due (otherwise no one could ever beat the draw at the Aussie). It will be due a few hours before start of play for the first men's semi

fastbackss
01-29-2015, 11:34 AM
the outcome of the ladies pool caught me off guard.

I naively presumed that the rules were the same as in the NFL ones I participate in, namely that the last successful pick gets the win. Instead it was as long as there was a viable option left.

Shame on me for not asking the question earlier (and wouldn't have changed the result anyway)...but details matter!

shtexas
01-29-2015, 11:46 AM
the outcome of the ladies pool caught me off guard.

I naively presumed that the rules were the same as in the NFL ones I participate in, namely that the last successful pick gets the win. Instead it was as long as there was a viable option left.

Shame on me for not asking the question earlier (and wouldn't have changed the result anyway)...but details matter!

If you are crafty enough to have a viable option left, it's like going 1/2 round further, and therefore, worth more.