PDA

View Full Version : Cumulative Scores After Stuttgart

dryrunguy
10-09-2006, 11:32 AM
Mr. Koffie keeps the lead for a second week! Well done!

Oploskoffie, 308
Dryrunguy, 264
Moose, 263
Suliso, 224
Evil_Juju, 215
Mmmm8, 215
Shtexas, 208
Jack, 197
Jkfriedman, 185
MysteryX, 169
Jadesa, 165
Craigw, 162
Hawkgirl, 144
JJNow, 142
Morct, 141
S blanc, 136
Martini4me, 132
Cphsrsh, 127
Borenore, 125
Jidkova, 124
Neka, 112
Sebs, 109
GVGirl, 105
Kirkus, 91
FourTeller, 89
Slicentice, 75
Sluggo-13, 69
Jsd123, 61
Charlie, 40
Herodotus, 31

mmmm8
10-09-2006, 11:36 AM
Well, I only have to beat Oplo by 93+ points this week to take the lead (assuming the people in between me and Mr. Koffie fail miserably). Let's see what my team of "Rushing Russians" can do at home.

oploskoffie
10-09-2006, 11:46 AM
I definitely see the chasing pack making up ground this week. Both Dry and mmmm8 have Vesnina and Li (pitty they're facing each other in the first round, though) and a couple of people have Peer in their team who, I think anyway, has a very good chance of doing major damage if she gets past Dementieva. Good luck, all! :-*

suliso
10-09-2006, 11:50 AM
Baring some really odd results, we can probably already congratulate Mr. Koffie... Picking Alona Bondarenko was a pure genius :)

I guess my only chance is that Mauresmo plays and does better than Maria...

Sebastien447
10-09-2006, 12:42 PM
I prefer to have a happy well rested team. We may not have many points, but we sure know how to party baby!

[smiley=rockon.gif]

neka
10-09-2006, 02:21 PM
I suck. :-[

Martini4me
10-13-2006, 08:24 AM
It's looking like Mmmm8 will be rocketing up the list this weekend. The only one with three semi-finalists, unless I missed one.

mmmm8
10-13-2006, 08:58 AM
It's looking like Mmmm8 will be rocketing up the list this weekend. The only one with three semi-finalists, unless I missed one.

Yes, my whole team has been geared to winning the Kremlin cup week, since it's packed with Russians. Vaidisova is the only one who can mess this up for me. She did her job against Amelie, now she must be eliminated. MWAHAHAHAHA

Now, I may well win this week, but I'll probably be crushed in the next two weeks, since all these players will be tired and will likely lose early or completely sit out the tourneys.

dryrunguy
10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Anyone else miffed about wasting a substitution on Sharapova??? And since she withdrew, she only gets points for one match. Major bummer. So I guess I have to use my last substitution this weekend, since it looks like she'll be out for a bit.

Dry

Moose
10-13-2006, 12:55 PM
man, a Vaidisova/Chakvetadze final would do incredible things for my Fall Floozies!

oploskoffie
10-13-2006, 01:19 PM
Anyone else miffed about wasting a substitution on Sharapova??? And since she withdrew, she only gets points for one match. Major bummer. So I guess I have to use my last substitution this weekend, since it looks like she'll be out for a bit.

Dry

Miffed is not the word I was looking for. This could completely torpedo my chances to win MaM. I'm gutted.

Sebastien447
10-13-2006, 06:12 PM

Dry

Miffed is not the word I was looking for. This could completely torpedo my chances to win MaM. I'm gutted.

Yes, you should be ashamed. You're welcome to join my team up in the room. They're all passed out, so the booze is all yours!

Moose
10-14-2006, 08:59 AM
this is the 3rd week in a row that a "b" -lister, or lower, has gotten to a final for me...Alona B, then Tati, and now Chaks...on the other hand, my A players have been a weekly nightmare.

dryrunguy
10-14-2006, 10:29 AM
this is the 3rd week in a row that a "b" -lister, or lower, has gotten to a final for me...Alona B, then Tati, and now Chaks...on the other hand, my A players have been a weekly nightmare.

Yeah, rub it in why don'tcha, Moose!!!

More good news for you next week. Both Golovin and Chakvetadze are in the Zurich draws. Alona's in qualifying.

Dry

Charlie02123
10-14-2006, 11:03 AM
Geez Moose, make us feel bad why don't you?

"This is the third week I've made absolutely brilliant picks. I am so good at predicting. Charlie is stupid. Stupid Charlie"

And here I thought we were internet friends. This will be the first week I score above 20 because I didn't pay attention to entry lists when I filled out my team, I just picked some people. It's a good thing I substituted, although I am pissed as well about wasting a substition on Sharapova, and I'll have to use my last one to get her the hell off my team.

Moose
10-14-2006, 11:21 AM
ooops. Sorry.

I guess now wouldn't be a good time to say that I haven't seen an entry list all year. I picked a couple of personal faves, and added in the best sounding names.

Chakvetadze always makes me think of Chaka Khan, that's why I picked her. And Alona reminds me of James Bond movies.

Yeah. sorta like the episode of Cheers, where Diane keeps winning the football pool because she picks based on the colors of uniforms.

Charlie02123
10-14-2006, 11:31 AM
NO IT WOULD NOT BE A GOOD TIME TO SAY THAT! Sheesh. Well my Hingis and Shaughnessy picks are doing quite well, but not in the big leauges. I didn't factor in the whole 'We're only counting the biggest tournament each week' thing.

oploskoffie
10-14-2006, 11:37 AM
Moose.... As things stand, you're probably in with the best chance to win at this point. I really like your zero-effort approach, but spare me the details, okay? I was ahead by 40+ points six days ago. Now, I am canned dogfood.

;)

Moose
10-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Moose.... As things stand, you're probably in with the best chance to win at this point. I really like your zero-effort approach, but spare me the details, okay? I was ahead by 40+ points six days ago. Now, I am canned dogfood.

;)

Mr. Koffie:
You always put a smile on my face!

BTW, I hope you don't mind, but did you see that I volunteered you to be DJ for mmmm8's 5th birthday party? February 29, 2008. I ope you're not allready booked that date.

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 12:22 PM

;)

Mr. Koffie:
You always put a smile on my face!

BTW, I hope you don't mind, but did you see that I volunteered you to be DJ for mmmm8's 5th birthday party? February 29, 2008. I ope you're not allready booked that date.

Can we also have a party now because I am SOOO going to win this week's leg of MaM. I'm very excited that picking players based on nationality is finally paying off. And then we can have a bigger party when either Moose or Oploskoffie wins the whole thing.

oploskoffie
10-14-2006, 12:52 PM
BTW, I hope you don't mind, but did you see that I volunteered you to be DJ for mmmm8's 5th birthday party? February 29, 2008. I hope you're not allready booked that date.

I can squeeze this in, no worries. I'm just worried about travel expenses ;D

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 12:58 PM
BTW, I hope you don't mind, but did you see that I volunteered you to be DJ for mmmm8's 5th birthday party? February 29, 2008. I hope you're not allready booked that date.

I will reimburse you in TAT dollars

Moose
10-14-2006, 03:21 PM

I spent my TAT dollars on some magic beans. I am SO BAD with money.

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 03:24 PM

Did you also get the beanstalk?

Moose
10-14-2006, 03:31 PM

Did you also get the beanstalk?

I buried them in my backyard, mmmm8. We'll see what happens. If nothing else, maybe I can make some Lobyo for the party.

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 03:34 PM
I buried them in my backyard, mmmm8. We'll see what happens. If nothing else, maybe I can make some Lobyo for the party.

I'll invite my Armenian friends. Wait, I would need to get Armenian friends. I guess we can invite Arlen Kantarian. And that singer JJ talked about on the I-pod thread

Moose
10-14-2006, 03:37 PM

I'll invite my Armenian friends. Wait, I would need to get Armenian friends. I guess we can invite Arlen Kantarian. And that singer JJ talked about on the I-pod thread

I dated an Armenian girl in college. She had the most awesome hair...spiral curls.
She broke my heart, though, so lets not invite her.

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 03:43 PM

I dated an Armenian girl in college. She had the most awesome hair...spiral curls.
She broke my heart, though, so lets not invite her.

It was hard, but ok, Armenian girl with curly hair that your went to college with who broke your heart is not coming to my birthday party. But I am planning on saving a place for Sargis Sargisian, because what a great name. Nalby stays in Argentina though, despite the Armenian roots.

Moose
10-14-2006, 03:52 PM
Cher's Armenian, maybe she'll come.

So is Dr. Kevorkian, but I think we better not invite him.

mmmm8
10-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Cher's Armenian, maybe she'll come.

So is Dr. Kevorkian, but I think we better not invite him.

Nah, Cher is too loud. But I'll take Jack McFarland doing Cher (I'm watching a Will & Grace rerun).

OK, I'll work on the party list for the next year and a half.