PDA

View Full Version : Scienter's Day 10 (Wed) USOSP Men's Pick

shtexas
09-03-2013, 09:34 AM
Scienter:

Welcome to Day 10 of the 2013 United States Open Men’s Suicide Pool! Today, the men start the quarterfinals (yes, they are split over two days).

You will be making one pick EACH DAY of the Men’s event (NOT one each round), and once you use a player, you can never use him again. There is a “picks and results thread” posted so you can check the choices you have already made. Please check it.

FOLLOW THE POSTED SCHEDULE OF PLAY BELOW.

Post your Day 10 pick by replying IN THIS THREAD. Your pick must be in by the start of play in New York, rain or shine, that is Wednesday, September 4 at 11:00 AM New York time (east coast), 8:00 AM on the west coast.For those in Europe, London is five (5) hours later than the east coast. Don’t be late as we hate making those hard decisions, but we will. This thread will be locked at 11:00 AM EDT, so please don't wait until the last minute or you may find it locked when you hit "post".

Best of luck!

Wednesday’s schedule of play consists of the 2 QUARTERFINAL MATCHES FROM BOTTOM half of the men’s draw:

Richard Gasquet (FRA) [8] v David Ferrer (ESP) [4]
Tommy Robredo (ESP) [19] v Rafael Nadal (ESP) [2]

shtexas
09-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Open (even though Berdych has not hit the court yet)!

Scienter
09-03-2013, 05:10 PM
Open (even though Berdych has not hit the court yet)!
Well, I've got little choice left. I've gotta pick Gasquet.

shtexas
09-03-2013, 08:05 PM
And Wawrinka took care of that worry.

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

jazzyg
09-03-2013, 08:21 PM
I wonder how many people would be left if Pospisil had served out his first-round match in straight sets in the two chances he had.

(at least a dead horse doesn't make a sound when I keep beating it.)

fatboy
09-04-2013, 03:19 AM
it would be great to see some sort of breakdown of each day's losses, each bandwagon, a graph of some sort, as the numbers dropped ...

more work, shtexas? ;)

FredX
09-04-2013, 10:11 AM
You all would have picked Federer against Robredo like us :)

jazzyg
09-05-2013, 06:36 PM
I would not have picked Federer. I would have picked Gasquet and gotten lucky in his pick 'em match with Raonic. But then I would have lost with Ferrer over Gasquet.