PDA

View Full Version : AMitS: injured player replacement thread

oploskoffie
01-02-2007, 04:49 AM
When one or more of your players gets injured or falls ill, you are allowed to replace him/her/them with another player.

Any and all injury trades must always be made in the week BEFORE the next tournament(s). Any trades made after the start of the next tournament(s) will NOT be accepted. Any injury trade you make is permanent, so always try to make sure your injured/ill player isn't just taking a week off.

If you lose a player because of injure or illness you can post their replacement in this thread. You can also PM me your replacement if you so desire ;)

You can keep track of who's healthy and who's not in these threads:

The WTA Sick Bay (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1167409394/4#4)
The ATP Sick Bay (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?board=TAATP;action=display;num=1167409463; start=4#4)

Any players added to these threads after the AMitS marker are eligible for replacement, provided they are on your team ;) I will also post the names of injured/ill players in this thread during AMitS.

oploskoffie
01-02-2007, 04:51 AM
The first two casualties:

Anastasia Myskina (WTA - Cat. B)
Mark Philippoussis (ATP - Cat. E)

D3nn15 has Myskina on his team, Charlie02123 has Philippoussis on his. If you want to replace your injured player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments :)

oploskoffie
01-02-2007, 07:01 AM
Janko Tipsarevic (ATP - Cat. D)

Three people with Tipsarevic on their team:

catz33
Jessie181
dryrunguy

If you want to replace your injured player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments :)

mmmm8
01-02-2007, 07:05 AM
You mean, no one had David Skoch on their team?? :o

Sorry to break into your thread

Charlie02123
01-02-2007, 02:38 PM
I already told you, but I'm replacing my injured aussie with Del Potro. Thanks again!

Charlie02123
01-02-2007, 02:40 PM
Oh, what happened to Mykina? That's sad that she's injured. That can't be good news for her trying to come out of her slump.

D3nn15
01-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Replace Myskina with Jankovic in my team :)

nelslus
01-03-2007, 10:30 PM
Assuming Justine is officially out for January- add Amelie to Team Nelslus, please.

mmmm8
01-03-2007, 11:10 PM
I guess I'll take Clijsters instead of Justine. Thanks!

Jay
01-03-2007, 11:14 PM

catz33
Jessie181
dryrunguy

If you want to replace your injured player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments :)

aah ok. If it wasn't for Justine withdrawing from her tourneys in Australia, i would have never seen this. Replace Tipsarevic with T. Johansson

and replace Justine-Henin Hardenne with Maria Sharapova.

Jay
01-03-2007, 11:16 PM

catz33
Jessie181
dryrunguy

aah ok. If it wasn't for Justine withdrawing from her tourneys in Australia, i would have never seen this. Replace Tipsarevic with T. Johansson

*sighs* i'm glad that's over.. that was PAINFUL.

I really really really wish that Justine wouldn't have pulled out. But, alas, it must be something big...hope she gets over this, whatever it is, soon. :'( :'(

morct
01-04-2007, 05:20 AM
Please replace JUSTINE with AMELIE.

suliso
01-04-2007, 06:18 AM
I will replace JHH with Mauresmo

oploskoffie
01-04-2007, 08:53 AM

catz33
Jessie181
dryrunguy

No worries, Jessie... I would've PM'd you and all who didn't post a replacement here within a certain amount of time :)

oploskoffie
01-04-2007, 09:24 AM
Virginie Razzano has retired in Auckland with a lower back strain. One contestant, RandomSkan, has Virginie on his team.

Justine Henin-Hardenne has withdrawn from competition for the next couple of weeks at least while she deals with personal issues. We wish her well. We have, however, 23 people with Justine on their team!!!!

If you want to replace your injured/ill player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments. You can post your replacement in this thread, I'll handle it from there :)

dryrunguy
01-04-2007, 09:34 AM
Day-um! Is there ANYONE left on my team??? First week of the season, and I'm already rearranging the chairs on the Titanic!

Dry

oploskoffie
01-04-2007, 09:40 AM
Day-um! Is there ANYONE left on my team??? First week of the season, and I'm already rearranging the chairs on the Titanic!

Dry

I'm now worried, Dry, because I see the chairs, but I don't see any movement ;)

dryrunguy
01-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Yeah, I know, Mr. Koffie. I have to get to that before next week's events start. But first, I have to go back and check who's on my team! LOL! I know Janko and Henin will have to be replaced.

Dry

shtexas
01-04-2007, 10:30 AM
I know who I want to replace Henin. I just want to wait a day and make double sure she is not withdrawing from anything. When does Sydney start? Sunday?

didgeridoo33
01-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Could I please replace Henin with Clijsters?

Thanks!

Jack
01-04-2007, 03:54 PM
I'll replace JHH with... Cliresmo? Maujsters? Ah heck...

Clijsters.

hurricanejeanne
01-04-2007, 05:53 PM
Replace Justine Henin with Saint Kimmie Clijsters.
Gracias.

evil_juju
01-04-2007, 08:31 PM
please replace Justine with Kim on my team!

thanks

Jay
01-04-2007, 09:38 PM

Dry

now now, it's only two players. Don't go jumping out the 10 story window. Well, not yet anyway.... ;D

jjnow
01-05-2007, 03:53 AM
Could I replace J1H with Mauresmo??

jj

oploskoffie
01-05-2007, 05:33 AM
Replacements have been entered into my Excel sheet :)

However... There are still well over ten people who have yet to name a replacement for Justine!! Yipes!! ;D

aedra1119
01-05-2007, 05:40 AM
Please replace Justine for Martina Hingis. Thanks!!

oploskoffie
01-05-2007, 05:41 AM
Lleyton Hewitt - calf injury

Nine (!) people have Hewitt on their team:

Oploskoffie
morct keeping Hewitt
catz33 keeping Hewitt
mmmm8

mysterx
nelslus
Kirkus
Jadesa
jkfriedman

Should you want to replace Lleyton Hewitt on your team, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments. You can do so by posting your replacement in this thread; I'll handle the administrative work ;)

morct
01-05-2007, 06:03 AM

Think I will hold onto him - have a feeling (which is probably 500% wrong) that he is going to make a strong run at the AO.

Maybe I will look like this " :-[ " after he loses to a rank outsider in the first round! *LOL*

mmmm8
01-05-2007, 07:17 AM
I guess I will take Murray instead of Hewitt, I may change my mind, but I'll post this lest I forget

shtexas
01-05-2007, 11:55 AM
Replacements have been entered into my Excel sheet :)

However... There are still well over ten people who have yet to name a replacement for Justine!! Yipes!! ;D

I'll make a replacement. Just want to see the Sydney draw before I commit. I don't think any event starts before Sunday Australia time, and the Sydney draw comes out on Saturday.

catz33
01-05-2007, 01:09 PM
Clijsters for Henin
Ginepri for Tipsavaric
Hanging on to Hewi

shtexas
01-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Ok. I don't want to miss any deadlines, so I'll go ahead and make my replacement for Henin:

Miss (until summer) Kim Clijsters please!

dryrunguy
01-05-2007, 03:40 PM
Mr. Koffie, I have to replace two players... One male, one female, but in different categories.

Can I replace the female player with a male player in the same category, as long as I replace the male player in a lower category with a female player in the same category?

Dry

oploskoffie
01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Mr. Koffie, I have to replace two players... One male, one female, but in different categories.

Can I replace the female player with a male player in the same category, as long as I replace the male player in a lower category with a female player in the same category?

Dry

You bring up a good point, and one I should've entered into the rules more specific than I have. The idea is to replace whoever is injured with someone of both the same gender and category. You then, theoretically anyway, get replacements that are of equal strength based on the rankings. I have to deny your request based on the fact that other contestants who have only one injured player would miss the strategic opportunity to switch a gender location in their team which might deny them an advantage of sorts.

No paddles now, please :-/

oploskoffie
01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
*Instant_coffee replaces Justine with Martina Hingis

dryrunguy
01-05-2007, 04:12 PM

Dry

You bring up a good point, and one I should've entered into the rules more specific than I have. The idea is to replace whoever is injured with someone of both the same gender and category. You then, theoretically anyway, get replacements that are of equal strength based on the rankings. I have to deny your request based on the fact that other contestants who have only one injured player would miss the strategic opportunity to switch a gender location in their team which might deny them an advantage of sorts.

No paddles now, please :-/

That's why I asked! Not a problem! Thanks for the clarification!

Dry

oploskoffie
01-05-2007, 04:37 PM
The following people have yet to replace Justine Henin:

jsd123789456
dryrunguy

3mlm
Martin4me
jadesa

Two people have yet to decide what they want to do with Lleyton:

Kirkus
Jadesa

You can post your replacement in this thread. You have just two days left before next week's tournaments start, so make sure to make your choice known before then.

Anybody who's late this week still has the chance to replace Justine (or any other injured/ill player for that matter) next week, but he/she will not start earning points untill the Oz Open.

nelslus
01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
OK, I'm dumping Hewitt for Berdych. (And at this point, damned if I'd be able to name my OWN team as it stands right now. :'()

mmmm8
01-05-2007, 06:10 PM
I'll take Murray to replace Hewitt I guess. Grazie.

Charlie02123
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Well I've been aware that I need to pick a new player, but I wanted to wait until next week's draws are out. I am heavily leaning towards Kim Clijsters, but I'm still debating. If I ask to replace Justine with Kim, can I change my mind before next weeks tournaments start? If that is okay, I would like to do that. I should know for sure as soon as the draws come out, though, so it won't be a long wait.

mysterX
01-05-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd like to make the following replacements:

Mauresmo for Henin
Berdych for Hewitt

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 03:31 AM
I'm replacing Justine with Clijsters
I'm also not taking any chances on Lleyton, so he's out of my team and replaced by Gasquet

@Charlie: no problemo. Just be sure to make any replacements a.s.a.p. You can still do so next week as well, but then your replacement only earns points during the Oz Open and not next week's tournaments.

Charlie02123
01-06-2007, 04:27 AM
Done! I just heard from the ESPN board that Kim beat Sharapova 6-3 7-6. This renews my faith in the Belgian, so I will use her to replace the other Belgian.

mrjiggyfly2
01-06-2007, 04:40 AM
Done! I just heard from the ESPN board that Kim beat Sharapova 6-3 7-6. This renews my faith in the Belgian, so I will use her to replace the other Belgian.

Mr. Koffie,

I am very well aware that I said for you to replace JHH with Mauresmo. But can I seriously use Clijsters instead??

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 04:43 AM

Mr. Koffie,

I am very well aware that I said for you to replace JHH with Mauresmo. But can I seriously use Clijsters instead??

Consider it done ;)

mrjiggyfly2
01-06-2007, 04:47 AM

Mr. Koffie,

Consider it done ;)

Thx Mr.K,

I was between Mauresmo and Kim, and this result swayed me the other way.

jkfriedman
01-06-2007, 06:38 AM
I'm going to stick with Lleyton for now. I just read where they are calling his injury minor. I could still dump him before the AO, can't I if he is really hurt. I think the incident with Roger Rasheed shows that he's back to Being Irrascible Lleyton--no more Mr. Nice Guy for him

jadesa
01-06-2007, 10:49 AM
Thanks for the reminder!

I will replace Henin-Hardenne with Kim Clijsters, and I suppose I will replace Hewitt with Gasquet. :-/

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 11:54 AM
The following people have yet to replace Justine Henin:

jsd123789456
3mlm
Martin4me

Also, RandomSkan has yet to replace Virginie Razzano!

You can post your replacement in this thread. You have just two days left before next week's tournaments start, so make sure to make your choice known before then.

Anybody who's late this week still has the chance to replace Justine (or any other injured/ill player for that matter) next week, but he/she will not start earning points untill the Oz Open.

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Dry actually has another replacement to make: Tipsarevic! C'mon, Dry! Move them chairs already ;)

dryrunguy
01-06-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, I'm finally ready!

Mauresmo for Henin
Mirnyi for Tipsarevic

Dry

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Thx, Dry... ;) Now then, just five people left with something to do ::)

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Right, all issues Lleyton have been sorted. Now for the three remaining Justine pickers and the lone Razzano fan... ;)

oploskoffie
01-06-2007, 05:42 PM
Right, last call for jsd, Martini4me, 3mlm and RandomSkan for this week. You can still replace your injured/ill player next week, but whoever you choose then won't earn you any points until the Oz Open. 't Would be a shame to waste a week, wouldn't it ;) Post your replacement in this thread, or pm me.

This thread and this week's replacement opportunities close when I wake up on this side of the world, which will be in about 7 hours from now. Hope you all make it!

PeterSkan
01-06-2007, 10:25 PM
Also, RandomSkan has yet to replace Virginie Razzano!

RSkan blunders into TAT and observes that Razzano has stumbled into sick bay. "Ah", he muses, "a girl after my own heart".

Notwithstanding, he tosses the U and the T, obediently following the outcome to choose a replacement. He spins the wheel of fortune and reports that the arrow of chance falls on the shoulders of Vera Dushevina.

On his behalf, I thank the contest coordinators for drawing this to his attention and ask for this substitution to be enforced.

3mlm
01-07-2007, 01:13 AM
Oh my, Mr. Koffie, I hope I'm not too late.

Please replace JHH with Mauresmo.

oploskoffie
01-07-2007, 01:34 AM
This week is now closed for replacements. Martini4me and jsd have yet to replace Justine and will have to do so, if they so desire, in the new week. Hopefully before the Oz Open anyway :)