PDA

View Full Version : AMitS: injured player replacement thread - WK2

oploskoffie
01-07-2007, 01:47 AM
When one or more of your players gets injured or falls ill, you are allowed to replace him/her/them with another player.

Any and all injury trades must always be made in the week BEFORE the next tournament(s). Any trades made after the start of the next tournament(s) will NOT be accepted. Any injury trade you make is permanent, so always try to make sure your injured/ill player isn't just taking a week off.

If you lose a player because of injure or illness you can post their replacement in this thread. You can also PM me your replacement if you so desire ;)

You can keep track of who's healthy and who's not in these threads:

The WTA Sick Bay (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?num=1167409394/4#4)
The ATP Sick Bay (http://www.talkabouttennis.com/cgi-bin/TATv2/YaBB.pl?board=TAATP;action=display;num=1167409463; start=4#4)

Any players added to these threads after the AMitS marker are eligible for replacement, provided they are on your team ;) I will also post the names of injured/ill players in this thread during AMitS.

oploskoffie
01-07-2007, 01:48 AM
Two replacement opportunities are carried over from the first week:

Both jsd and martini4me have yet to replace Justine Henin.

You can post your replacement choice in this thread, or pm me :)

Martini4me
01-07-2007, 08:32 PM
My head is spinning. Just got home from a cruise. Had two flights to catch on the way home, never even sat down in the airports for a minute (got boarding passes for the first flight 20 minutes before we were in the air, had to catch a bus between terminals and sprint throught the terminal to catch second flight), then waited 45 minutes for a "late passenger" who never showed up (our limo driver said the info they gave here was "mechanical delay), plane was some dinky 50-seat thing that shook and sounded like a train, finally arrived home without luggage (moron who checked us in in Orlando said we didn't have enough transfer times between flights, so also booked us onto a later flight as backup, but scheduled our luggage onto that later flight),

Now I get home, message to replace Justine on my Month in the SUn team, check the standings, and I'm third? Not much outside news on a ship, certainly not tennis results, so have no idea how I've accomplished this.

Anyway, I guess I'm already too late to replace her for this week, so I'll wait until the AO draws come out, and see which top seed has a cushy draw.

oploskoffie
01-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Welcome back, Martini4me :) Hope you thoroughly enjoyed the cruise ;) and we'll see who you pick to replace Justine with at the end of this week then :)

oploskoffie
01-08-2007, 03:03 AM
Victoria Azarenka gave up during her qualifying match at the Moorilla Hobart Intl.

Three people have Azarenka on their team:

catz33
Oploskoffie
jkfriedman

If you want to replace your injured player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments :)

Jay
01-08-2007, 03:46 AM
Victoria Azarenka gave up during her qualifying match at the Moorilla Hobart Intl.

Three people have Azarenka on their team:

catz33
Oploskoffie
jkfriedman

If you want to replace your injured player, please let me know before the start of next week's tournaments :)

gosh..so many players withdrawing..and it's only the SECOND WEEK!!
eeEEeekk!!

I wonder when Venus is gonna withdraw from the AO..if she withdraws, that is. She really has nothing to defend..so...she COULD just use a one hander..but..yeah..

oploskoffie
01-08-2007, 04:15 AM
Dmitry Tursunov has withdrawn from the Medibank Open (Sydney) with a left wrist injury. Two people have Tursunov on their team:

didgeridoo33
jkfriedman

oploskoffie
01-09-2007, 01:29 AM
The insanity continues....

Paradorn Srichaphan retired from his match in Sydney with a wrist injury. Four people have Paradorn on their team:

jjnow
suliso
mysterx
shtexas

Rafael Nadal retired from his match in Sydney with a groin injury. Eleven (!!) people have Rafael on their team:

Charlie02123
morct
jessie181
Jack
mysterx

D3nn15
Kirkus
Jadesa
TennisDude
shtexas
Monkeypants

Xavier Malisse withdrew from Sydney before even hitting a ball. shtexas is the lone contestant with Malisse on his team.

Nadia Petrova gave up during her match in Sydney with an abdominal strain. TennisDude is the only contestant who has Nadia on his team.

If you want to replace your injured/ill player, please let me know before the start of next week's Australian Open.

morct
01-09-2007, 02:56 AM
Does anyone know if Nadal will play the AO or is his injury is so severe that he will have to withdraw?

oploskoffie
01-09-2007, 03:04 AM
Does anyone know if Nadal will play the AO or is his injury is so severe that he will have to withdraw?

This is what I read on the BBC website:

"I will have some treatment on it Wednesday and will hope to be 100% fit for next week," said Nadal.

"The Australian Open is a priority," added the 20-year-old.

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/42428000/jpg/_42428291_nadal270.jpg

Make of that what you will. At this point, both keeping him on your team AND kicking him off seems like a risk to me. Glad he's not on MY team ;)

morct
01-09-2007, 05:10 AM
At this point, both keeping him on your team AND kicking him off seems like a risk to me. Glad he's not on MY team

Great, now I have to make another decision - bad enough Hewitt being injured, now Nadal too - hope they make the call early about whether or not to play in the Open. :-/

Knowing my luck they'll both show up and retire in their first round matches! Oh well, keeps life interesting!

shtexas
01-09-2007, 07:45 AM
In place of Nadal, I'll take Federer

(waiting to decide on a replacement for Srichaphan)

Jay
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
The insanity continues....

Paradorn Srichaphan retired from his match in Sydney with a wrist injury. Four people have Paradorn on their team:

jjnow
suliso
mysterx
shtexas

Rafael Nadal retired from his match in Sydney with a groin injury. Eleven (!!) people have Rafael on their team:

Charlie02123
morct
jessie181
Jack
mysterx

D3nn15
Kirkus
Jadesa
TennisDude
shtexas
Monkeypants

Xavier Malisse withdrew from Sydney before even hitting a ball. shtexas is the lone contestant with Malisse on his team.

Nadia Petrova gave up during her match in Sydney with an abdominal strain. TennisDude is the only contestant who has Nadia on his team.

If you want to replace your injured/ill player, please let me know before the start of next week's Australian Open.

I don't know if i want to replace him quite yet..i'm gonna wait and see if he withdraws from the Aussie open or not. And, i'm going to have to wait and see the draw now. ;)

ugh..No Shtexas..don't pic federer!
well, there goes any chance i have of winning this contest. :P >:(

didgeridoo33
01-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Dmitry Tursunov has withdrawn from the Medibank Open (Sydney) with a left wrist injury. Two people have Tursunov on their team:

didgeridoo33
jkfriedman

Do you know if Dmitry is out just for Sydney? If so, I'll still keep him.

oploskoffie
01-09-2007, 12:36 PM

It's the usual big "if". We're hoping he'll play, of course, but it might take him until the last moment to make it clear. It's a gamble...

didgeridoo33
01-09-2007, 01:17 PM

It's the usual big "if". We're hoping he'll play, of course, but it might take him until the last moment to make it clear. It's a gamble...

Hmmm...I think I'll take my chances and keep him!

Thanks Koffie :)

catz33
01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
Serena for Azarenko

mmmm8
01-09-2007, 08:31 PM

Well, there goes the excitement of the contest

jkfriedman
01-10-2007, 05:33 AM
Hi

I will take Ms. Serena Williams for Azarenka. I will take Mr. Baghdatis for Tursunov. And I will dump Hewitt for Djokovic.

JKf

PS. Can I retract any replacement if they play in the AO?

shtexas
01-10-2007, 07:31 AM

Well, there goes the excitement of the contest

Not so sure about that. This week will be a bad week for me.

shtexas
01-10-2007, 07:47 AM
Here's a question:

If Davydenko ends up officially on the injured list (I have him), can I bring back Nadal in that substitution if I want?

oploskoffie
01-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi

I will take Ms. Serena Williams for Azarenka. I will take Mr. Baghdatis for Tursunov. And I will dump Hewitt for Djokovic.

JKf

PS. Can I retract any replacement if they play in the AO?

Check, check and check 8-)

Any and all replacements become final the moment I close this thread, which will be at the start of play at the Oz Open. You can change you mind as often as you like before then.

I live in the Netherlands, so my timezone is GMT +1. The Oz Open starts at 1:00 AM my time on monday. Feel free to do the rest of the math for where you live ;)

oploskoffie
01-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Here's a question:

If Davydenko ends up officially on the injured list (I have him), can I bring back Nadal in that substitution if I want?

If you consider that a wise choice, then feel free to do so. No choices made this week are final until I close this thread at the start of play. The contest only lasts until the end of the Oz Open, so whoever you go with, that's who you're stuck with I suppose ;D

morct
01-10-2007, 10:48 AM
You know, at first I thought having an unlimited number of substitutions if your player was injured would make it simpler, but there have been so many injuries, it's unreal. Also so many players probably won't even announce whether / not they are going to play the AO until the last minute that I bet there will be a bunch of last minute decisions to be made.

Add that to the pressure of the SP coming up - it feels like exam time!

shtexas
01-10-2007, 10:58 AM
You know, at first I thought having an unlimited number of substitutions if your player was injured would make it simpler, but there have been so many injuries, it's unreal. Also so many players probably won't even announce whether / not they are going to play the AO until the last minute that I bet there will be a bunch of last minute decisions to be made.

I still like the idea because it gets us around being left with holes in our teams when players pull out unexpectedly. That was a huge problem last Fall with the womens' fantasy tennis contest.

morct
01-10-2007, 11:00 AM

I still like the idea because it gets us around being left with holes in our teams when players pull out unexpectedly. That was a huge problem last Fall with the womens' fantasy tennis contest.

Didn't think of that. I suppose every system has pluses/minuses.

oploskoffie
01-10-2007, 11:32 AM

Didn't think of that. I suppose every system has pluses/minuses.

The injuries have surprised quite a few people, regardless of how 2006 went. At the start of this, I expected a *couple* of injuries/withdrawals, sure, but this many? And so many top players affected as well. I'll be adding Nalbandian, Venus and Davydenko to this replacement thread in a little while. Add to that Justine and the situations with Lleyton, Kuznetsova, Nadal and Petrova and I'm just like [smiley=freekingout.gif] That's kinda the downside.

However, as shtexas said, contestants suddenly having HUGE holes in their teams was an issue last time round. We want competitions to be just that: competitive. This being a new competition for TAT, there's still plenty of room for tweaking 'n stuff, though you'll never please everyone. In the meantime, I'm going to start thinking about who to replace Davydenko with.

morct
01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
In the meantime, I'm going to start thinking about who to replace Davydenko with.

What was that you said about Nadal - oh yeah - glad he's not on MY team! ;)

oploskoffie
01-10-2007, 12:33 PM
Still glad about that ;) Meanwhile.... More bad news :-/

Nikolay Davydenko retired from his match in Sydney with a foot injury. He's having it checked to see if it's a stress fracture or no. SIX people have Davydenko on their team:

s blanc
shtexas
Moose
MonkeyPants
Martini4Me
Oploskoffie

David Nalbandian pulled out of the Kooyong Classic exo with tendonitis in one of his knees. ONE person has Nalbandian on his team: Instant_coffee.

Venus Williams has pulled out of the Australian Open with a wrist injury. FOUR people have Venus on their team.

Jessie181
hurricanejeanne
aedra1119
D3nn15

hurricanejeanne
01-10-2007, 02:49 PM

Nikolay Davydenko retired from his match in Sydney with a foot injury. He's having it checked to see if it's a stress fracture or no. SIX people have Davydenko on their team:

s blanc
shtexas
Moose
MonkeyPants
Martini4Me
Oploskoffie

David Nalbandian pulled out of the Kooyong Classic exo with tendonitis in one of his knees. ONE person has Nalbandian on his team: Instant_coffee.

Venus Williams has pulled out of the Australian Open with a wrist injury. FOUR people have Venus on their team.

Jessie181
hurricanejeanne
aedra1119
D3nn15

Replace Venus with Samantha Stosur please.

Get well sone Venus. :(

Jay
01-11-2007, 01:39 AM

s blanc
shtexas
Moose
MonkeyPants
Martini4Me
Oploskoffie

Jessie181
hurricanejeanne
aedra1119
D3nn15

ugh..Venus.. :-/ :'( :'(

I think i'm gonna either go with Stosur or Kirilenko.. I can't DECIDE!!! AAAH!!
i'm gonna have to do decide by flipping a coin..Heads will be Kirilenko, Tails will be Stosur....*flips coin*
...Tails.
Stosur it is.

Please replace Venus with Stosur.

Instant_coffee
01-11-2007, 03:50 AM
.... More bad news :-/

If you want to replace your injured/ill player, please let me know before the start of next week's Australian Open. My hope in the dark days :'(
So replace him for Andy Roddick please, i hope that it will work for me :-/

oploskoffie
01-11-2007, 11:56 AM
I'm replacing Victoria Azarenka with Yuliana Fedak and Nikolay Davydenko with James Blake.

I am, as can all of you, reserving my right to change my mind about these replacements up untill the end of this tennis week :)

sblanc
01-11-2007, 12:51 PM
Well, I've just woken up to the fact that I've got some replacements to do

Blake instead of Davedenko,
Thanks Opplo
S

aedra1119
01-11-2007, 08:06 PM
Venus :'(

Please switch Venus for Stosur. Thanks!!

oploskoffie
01-12-2007, 01:22 PM
Heads up, people! With time running out, a LOT of you have still to make your intentions known about who to replace, should you want to do so!!!

Justine:

jsd
martini

Nadia Petrova:

TennisDude

Xavier Malisse:

shtexas

Nadal:

Charlie02123
morct
jessie181
Jack
mysterx

D3nn15
Kirkus
Jadesa
TennisDude
Monkeypants

Srichapan:

jjnow
suliso
mysterx
shtexas

Nikolay Davydenko:

shtexas
Moose
MonkeyPants
Martini4Me

Venus Williams:

D3nn15

I'm doing a PM round tomorrow, but I'm hoping that you'll post your plans in this thread before then!!!!!!!

shtexas
01-12-2007, 01:27 PM
No need to pm me Mr. Koffie. I am aware. I just don't know what to do. Too many players. Several may not really be that injured. But, I will make my decisions tomorrow to be safe. Ugh!

oploskoffie
01-12-2007, 01:29 PM
No need to pm me Mr. Koffie. I am aware. I just don't know what to do. Too many players. Several may not really be that injured. But, I will make my decisions tomorrow to be safe. Ugh!

Just making sure, shtexas ;)

Oh, and for all contestants, remember: a replacement MUST be from the same tour and the SAME category!

Charlie02123
01-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Heads up, people! With time running out, a LOT of you have still to make your intentions known about who to replace, should you want to do so!!!

Nadal:

Charlie02123

I'm doing a PM round tomorrow, but I'm hoping that you'll post your plans in this thread before then!!!!!!!

Sigh, I suppose I will pick Blake, but if he loses to Moya in the final this week I will have to reconsider. This sub is really hard because I want a player in the opposite half of Fed but Nalbandian, Davydenko, and Nadal are all (")injured(").

oploskoffie
01-12-2007, 01:58 PM

Nadal:

Charlie02123

Sigh, I suppose I will pick Blake, but if he loses to Moya in the final this week I will have to reconsider. This sub is really hard because I want a player in the opposite half of Fed but Nalbandian, Davydenko, and Nadal are all (")injured(").

You could, of course, choose to keep Rafa. It's all a bit of a lottery after this week!

oploskoffie
01-12-2007, 05:24 PM
Giving this a major kick before I head for bed. Don't make me have to PM my fingers off tomorrow!

Justine:

jsd
martini

Nadia Petrova:

TennisDude

Xavier Malisse:

shtexas

Nadal:

Charlie02123
morct
jessie181
Jack
mysterx

D3nn15
Kirkus
Jadesa
TennisDude
Monkeypants

Srichapan:

jjnow
suliso
mysterx
shtexas

Nikolay Davydenko:

shtexas
Moose
MonkeyPants
Martini4Me

Venus Williams:

D3nn15

Jack
01-12-2007, 09:38 PM
You don't have to PM me... I'm just deep in thought over Nadal. :-/

jadesa
01-12-2007, 11:39 PM
You don't need to PM me either, I am still thinking on Nadal, sorry.

Martini4me
01-13-2007, 05:58 AM
Just got the Henin situation sorted out, now have to think about Davydenko too. Both Sharapova and Mauresmo have fairly easy draws, Mauresmo's a bit easier, but I don't have full confidence in her, so Sharapova will replace Henin.

Nadal would be the obvious replacement for Davy (and why didn't I have him instead of Fed in the first place, given that he was playing all four weeks and Fed just two??), but he's a bit iffy also. I'll have to consider this one some more.

morct
01-13-2007, 06:10 AM
Unless there is a definite announcement that he is withdrawing from the AO I am going to keep Nadal.

IF he withdraws I will take Roddick.

Jack
01-13-2007, 08:39 AM

Nadal:

Charlie02123
morct
jessie181
Jack
mysterx

D3nn15
Kirkus
Jadesa
TennisDude
Monkeypants

Ahh, fudge. What to do? :-? I'll just keep Nadal.

mysterX
01-13-2007, 10:26 AM
I'll keep Nadal

D3nn15
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
I will replace Venus Williams with Michaella Krajicek :)

shtexas
01-13-2007, 11:02 AM
These are my official replacements/decisions:

(please ignore what I was thinking mid-week)

Injured:

Nadal - I am keeping him

Davydenko - I am replacing him with Roger Federer

Malisse - I am keeping him

Srichaphan - I am replacing him with Robby Ginepri :o

oploskoffie
01-13-2007, 11:51 AM

Nadal:

Kirkus
Jadesa
Monkeypants

Srichapan:

suliso

Nikolay Davydenko:

MonkeyPants

I'm doing a PM round TONIGHT, and I'm hoping that you'll post your plans in this thread before the start of play tomorrow. The next 28 hours (something like that) are your last chance to make any replacements!!!!!!!

jjnow
01-13-2007, 12:02 PM
Mathieu for Srichapan.

jj

oploskoffie
01-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Thx, jj! :)

*takes jj out of the list...

Just a reminder: replacements are OPTIONAL, not a requirement. If you feel your injured/ill player will be back in fighting form for the AO, then by all means: keep him/her. No notice of replacement(s) means I will not change the status of the player(s) mentioned in your team.

Moose
01-13-2007, 01:22 PM
thank you for the reminder, Mr. Koffie.

I'm dropping Davydanko. and I'll add James Blake

Charlie02123
01-13-2007, 01:30 PM

Nadal:

Charlie02123

I'd like to take Blake for Nadal, please.

jsd123789456
01-13-2007, 03:39 PM
Clijsters for Henin please

Jay
01-13-2007, 03:59 PM
I'll take Blake for Nadal

can i take back someone i already replaced? i replaced Henin with Sharapova, but can i have Clijsters instead?
If i can't, then i understand.

oploskoffie
01-13-2007, 04:02 PM
I'll take Blake for Nadal

can i take back someone i already replaced? i replaced Henin with Sharapova, but can i have Clijsters instead?
If i can't, then i understand.

Blake for Nadal is a go. Switching from Maria to Kim is a no-go, however. You made that replacement choice last week, and it became final the moment this week started :)

mysterX
01-13-2007, 05:21 PM
I'll keep Srichapan as well

TennisDude
01-13-2007, 06:56 PM
I'll keep Petrova and drop Nadal for Federer

oploskoffie
01-14-2007, 06:30 AM
D3nn15 is keeping Nadal on his team.

Martini4me
01-14-2007, 07:55 AM
I'd previously posted that I'd replace Henin with Sharapova. And I've decided to replace Davydenko with Nadal.

oploskoffie
01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Heads up again, certain people! :P With time running out, some of you have still to make your intentions known about who to replace, should you want to do so!!!

Nadal:

Jadesa
Monkeypants

Srichapan:

suliso

Nikolay Davydenko:

MonkeyPants

Kirkus
01-14-2007, 12:16 PM
I've changed my mind... I'm keeping Rafa!

oploskoffie
01-14-2007, 03:45 PM
10 minutes and counting...

oploskoffie
01-14-2007, 03:59 PM
And by closing this thread, we enter the second half of AMitS! Replacements can no longer be made, so you're stuck with who you got ;) Best of luck, and ENJOY the AO!!!

Oploskoffie