PDA

View Full Version : Men's Picks and Results

Drop-shot
06-24-2013, 05:35 AM
This is the infamous P&R thread, where once you're red, you're dead.

Below is a link with all the participants and their picks. It will be updated at the end of the day once play has finished and if possible at the beginning of each day as to reflect your new pick.

http://www.talkabouttennis.com/contests/sp/WimbledonMensSP13-8.htm

ponchi101
06-24-2013, 05:44 AM
Ok. Very good, yeah yeah yeah, blah blah. But if you do not post your analysis, Drop, what good is this? What good?! ;)

Drop-shot
06-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Ok. Very good, yeah yeah yeah, blah blah. But if you do not post your analysis, Drop, what good is this? What good?! ;)

After shouts from the crowd, D-s approaches the mic to begin his presentation in front of 353 impatient suicides.

"Welcome everyone! This year we've provided a shuttle to take the swaths of people from here to the Loser's Lounge so you will find that losing will be funner than ever!"

Mild applauses from a confused crowd that exchanges a "WTF?" look with others.

"And now with further ado, I present today's honorary analyst. The ever-green and always wise. His Forceness... YODA!"

"Hmmm, Thank you, I do. On with my forecasts. Little is the time.

Almagro 25: two rounds you have for him. This one and the next. Good move.

Benneteau 12: hmmm. Dangerous Kamke can be; even to he who challenged Darth Federer here. Still, move on you should.

Cilic 1: brave choice. Wise choice. Getting rid of this option soon will avoid dark temptations later on.

Falla 12: *nods head*, cloudy the future is.

Fognini 2: confused I am. Why choose nobody's grass player against unpredictable Melzer? 50-50%

Garcia-Lopez 4: reckless you are. Clay this is not.

Gulbis 40: *touches head in disapproval* Not only undisciplined is he... lack of control over his boredom he shows. Very dangerous his opponent is. Yes.

Isner 11: in bad form he's been. Sure his victory is not.

Janowicz 52: talented is he, but can he exert self-control?

Kubot 10: plays Rafa next, but can he get there? Risky pick.

Kuznetsov 2: trust him I do not. See you at the US Open I will.

Lacko 2: I have a bad feeling about this.

Lu 16: win he should, lose to Murray on Wednesday he will.

Mahut 26: cloudy his future is. Instinct says he should win.

Matosevic 4: coin toss.

Monaco 11: ready he is not. Losing on clay he has been. Grass promises no better.

Paire 36: avoid Ungur I do. Braver than I you are. It should be rewarded with a win. Yes.

Pospisil 3: better choices there were.

Robredo 10: returned he has, but to grass? Wary am I.

Rosol 8: lured by the Dark side these were. Uncertain their future is.

Silva 1: akin to the Death Star trench run, total longshot it is.

Stakhovsky 20: favored he is. Next Dart Federer he faces. Timely choice.

Stepanek 39: an agent of Darkness he is. Lure large crowds he does to off them. Be ready to lose.

Tipsarevic 1: paying attention you have not been. You're lucky if win you do.

Youzhny 5: good on grass he has been. Should provide safe passage.

skatingfan
06-24-2013, 06:32 AM
So, the Fallas are out - myself included.
2 Fognini's are done.
1 Silva also out.

AttackTheNet
06-24-2013, 06:32 AM
Cilic 1: brave choice. Wise choice. Getting rid of this option soon will avoid dark temptations later on.[/COLOR][/I]

Absolutely spot on! You've got me worried about my Gulbis pick now. ;)

Team Shore
06-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Drop-shot, brilliantly done. Very entertaining.

enigmaticdan
06-24-2013, 06:46 AM
So, the Fallas are out - myself included.
2 Fognini's are done.
1 Silva also out.
I think Lady Gaga wrote a song about today:

Don't pick my name, don't pick my name -Fabio;
I won't win a game, I won't win a game -Rogerio;
Don't want to win, can't hit it in,
Just take my round one cheque and hush
Don't pick my name, don't pick my name -Alejandro

skatingfan
06-24-2013, 06:53 AM
I think Lady Gaga wrote a song about today:

Don't pick my name, don't pick my name -Fabio;
I won't win a game, I won't win a game -Rogerio;
Don't want to win, can't hit it in,
Just take my round one cheque and hush
Don't pick my name, don't pick my name -Alejandro

very good

AttackTheNet
06-24-2013, 09:37 AM
So far our 2 big bandwagons--Crazy Trains, if you will--have moved through (Janowicz and Gulbis).

enigmaticdan
06-24-2013, 10:43 AM
Stepanek, Paire, Mahut, Almagro, Stakhovsky all through, too. Good day for bandwagons!

AttackTheNet
06-24-2013, 01:07 PM
My unofficial count is 34 out on day 1, leaving us with 319.

Drop-shot
06-24-2013, 01:35 PM
Day 1 updated

Drop-shot
06-24-2013, 01:38 PM
353 - 12 Fallas - 2 Fogninis - 4 GGL - 2 Lackos - 8 Rosols - 1 Silva - 1 Tipsarevic - 4 Matosevics = 319 on to day 2.

AttackTheNet
06-24-2013, 01:40 PM
353 - 12 Fallas - 2 Fogninis - 4 GGL - 2 Lackos - 8 Rosols - 1 Silva - 1 Tipsarevic = 323 on to day 2.

And the 4 Matosevic pickers.

atlpam
06-24-2013, 01:41 PM
Don't forget the 4 suicides by Matosevic (of which I am one)

mmmm8
06-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Don't forget the 4 suicides by Matosevic (of which I am one)

I believe death by Marinko (TM pending) is considered euthanasia or assisted suicide and might not count toward the total. You signed the papers yourself :)

(Disclaimer. I chose the 'Ernests Death' package, which is more of a Russian roulette play)

Drop-shot
06-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Got it. Sorry. Will fix it.

bigdunc
06-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Not sure if I can still get in for day 2, if so, Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) [29], match hasn't started yet

Moose
06-25-2013, 05:49 AM
Not sure if I can still get in for day 2, if so, Grigor Dimitrov (BUL) [29], match hasn't started yet

Sorry, dunc - we require all picks to be in before start of play. It's necessary for the way the games works.

Moose
06-25-2013, 05:49 AM

Sorry, dunc - we require all picks to be in before start of play. It's necessary for the way the games works.

Drop-shot
06-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Hello survivors! The whole 319 of you :mad:

Seeing as our shuttle service did not entice you to leave today we're throwing in a complimentary voucher for half a drink in the losers's lounge!

*crickets followed by someone coughing in the back*

Very, well, at least 10 of you chose our Loser's Lounge Package and left without making a pick. To them I say "Well done!"

For the rest, lets see...

Anderson 96: everyone and their mother picked him. Those who didn't, don't worry, you still can next round before he clashes against Berdych.

Bautista Agut 6: rough seas ahead, although land is within sight. 60-40% that this ship makes it.

Bedene 1: Leo Mayer is not the typical clay courter, so I'm not sure picking against him here works as well.

Brands 23: sure he can win, but let me tell you that as one who had him in his fantasy tennis team he has earned me close to zero points. I would've stayed far far away.

Chardy 4: Harrison has played some grass tuneups so this is another match I would've avoided. I think Chardy wins but it could get messy.

De Bakker 2: he was the right choice... like a few years ago.

Dimitrov 26: great choice, BUT, with Delpo's form, if he goes out early you're going to be sorry you used him so early.

Dolgopolov 50: :shocked: He hasn't done squat in a while and grass is not the best barometer to pick him. Upset alert level 2.

Ferrer 1: too soon. Even on grass.

Gasquet 4: another player that has a few more rounds in him.

Giraldo 1: take a coin. Now flip it. Close your eyes. Try to decide who wins here. Carry on.

Haas 4: I would've saved him for later. Plus, Tursunov loves to play spoiler.

Johnson 2: you picked a WC!? Talk about suicide.

Kavcic 2: yes his opponent is unheard of. So? I still wouldn't have gone near this match.

Kohlschreiber 6: like Haas, first round opponent is tricker than some ahead. I would've saved.

Kudla 2: more Kamikazes on their way out.

Levine 12: hmmmm NO. Pella has been having a good season and Levine... well I forget since I haven't seen him in forever.

Mathieu 3: bye-bye!

Nishikori 15: yes, but he could be of better use later on.

Petzschner 14: IF you insist on using him now is the moment. Still, he hasn't been doing much. Unnecessary danger.

Przysiezny 1: at first I thought this was a mistake, but anyone who put together those letters had to know what they were doing. Now they have to know they're going to lose.

Querrey 1: crappy draw for him. Tomic can be complicated (:cheesy:). His window of opportunity was R-2. Then he'd face Gasquet.

Raonic 19: like Cilic, I commend these people for getting temptation out of their system ASAP. You know he's going to bring down a large number of us any moment now.

Seppi 1: underrated pick. Good balance of risk and chances of living for those who went on riskier roads.

Sijsling 5: you should have taken the promotional package.

Simon 2: usually reliable for safe passage in the first rounds of a slam. IRC, he lost a few hours ago to Lopez on grass. Don't see that reverting here.

Soeda 1: sayonara!

Zeballos 1: somebody has to win in his match against Giraldo, right?

Zemlja 4: risk junkies.

List has been updated as well.

Moose
06-25-2013, 05:58 AM
Petzschner 14: IF you insist on using him now is the moment. Still, he hasn't been doing much. Unnecessary danger.

Przysiezny 1: at first I thought this was a mistake, but anyone who put together those letters had to know what they were doing. Now they have to know they're going to lose.

Somewhere, one Suicide Pool player/ fantastic speller is having a proverbial "last laugh".

Drop-shot
06-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Somewhere, one Suicide Pool player/ fantastic speller is having a proverbial "last laugh".

Totally!

It was Ribbons IIRC

noedee
06-25-2013, 06:48 AM
Pella and Kohlschreiber both retired in their 5th sets! Cramps?

noedee
06-25-2013, 06:51 AM
In fact, I don't know what Pella had but he was carried off on a stretcher!

ponchi101
06-25-2013, 07:37 AM
Pella: Torn quadriceps, seems pretty serious (as per ESPN Espaņol)

skatingfan
06-25-2013, 08:53 AM

Don't look now but Gasquet has dropped the first set.

New England Nitemare
06-25-2013, 10:55 AM
This Daniel Brands match is a little too close for me right now as he has split 7-6 sets with Gimeno-Traver. NOTHING is EVER easy with these survivor pools

lknobel
06-25-2013, 10:56 AM
I had a near-heart attack when I looked at your spreadsheet and couldn't find my name. You misfiled lknobel in the I's, not the L's. Thanks.

Ribbons
06-25-2013, 11:04 AM

*raises glass from Nashville*

(Fwiw, Melzer signing up for doubles with Blake was a big red flag.)

dryrunguy
06-25-2013, 12:10 PM
This Daniel Brands match is a little too close for me right now as he has split 7-6 sets with Gimeno-Traver. NOTHING is EVER easy with these survivor pools

I nearly picked Brands today. Seemed like a no-brainer to me though I have a lot of respect for Gimeno-Traver's fight. Then I checked and saw that they are ranked #56 and #57. I backed off. But on surface alone, I figured Brands had this. Glad I didn't go there.

suliso
06-25-2013, 12:18 PM
It might still be ok. Most people who win or get very close have at least one "near death" experience in the early rounds.

AttackTheNet
06-25-2013, 01:24 PM
Unofficially, I have us losing 30 and moving on to day 3 with 279 players remaining.

Drop-shot
06-25-2013, 02:43 PM
309 - 1 Bedene - 2 DeBakkers - 2 Johnsons - 2 Kavcics - 6 PEHKs - 14 Petzschners - 1 Querrey - 2 Simons - 1 Zeballos = 278 on to day 3.

AttackTheNet
06-25-2013, 02:49 PM
309 - 1 Bedene - 2 DeBakkers - 2 Johnsons - 2 Kavcics - 6 PEHKs - 14 Petzschners - 1 Querrey - 2 Simons - 1 Zeballos = 278 on to day 3.

Yep, that's it. I forgot about the lone Zeballos picker. 278 left.

Drop-shot
06-25-2013, 03:34 PM
Day 2 updated!

jbrennan929
06-26-2013, 12:15 AM
Hello survivors! The whole 319 of you :mad:

Seeing as our shuttle service did not entice you to leave today we're throwing in a complimentary voucher for half a drink in the losers's lounge!

*crickets followed by someone coughing in the back*

Very, well, at least 10 of you chose our Loser's Lounge Package and left without making a pick. To them I say "Well done!"

For the rest, lets see...

Anderson 96: everyone and their mother picked him. Those who didn't, don't worry, you still can next round before he clashes against Berdych.

Bautista Agut 6: rough seas ahead, although land is within sight. 60-40% that this ship makes it.

Bedene 1: Leo Mayer is not the typical clay courter, so I'm not sure picking against him here works as well.

Brands 23: sure he can win, but let me tell you that as one who had him in his fantasy tennis team he has earned me close to zero points. I would've stayed far far away.

Chardy 4: Harrison has played some grass tuneups so this is another match I would've avoided. I think Chardy wins but it could get messy.

De Bakker 2: he was the right choice... like a few years ago.

Dimitrov 26: great choice, BUT, with Delpo's form, if he goes out early you're going to be sorry you used him so early.

Dolgopolov 50: :shocked: He hasn't done squat in a while and grass is not the best barometer to pick him. Upset alert level 2.

Ferrer 1: too soon. Even on grass.

Giraldo 1: take a coin. Now flip it. Close your eyes. Try to decide who wins here. Carry on.

Haas 4: I would've saved him for later. Plus, Tursunov loves to play spoiler.

Johnson 2: you picked a WC!? Talk about suicide.

Kavcic 2: yes his opponent is unheard of. So? I still wouldn't have gone near this match.

Kohlschreiber 6: like Haas, first round opponent is tricker than some ahead. I would've saved.

Kudla 2: more Kamikazes on their way out.

Levine 12: hmmmm NO. Pella has been having a good season and Levine... well I forget since I haven't seen him in forever.

Mathieu 3: bye-bye!

Nishikori 15: yes, but he could be of better use later on.

Querrey 1: crappy draw for him. Tomic can be complicated (:cheesy:). His window of opportunity was R-2. Then he'd face Gasquet.

Raonic 19: like Cilic, I commend these people for getting temptation out of their system ASAP. You know he's going to bring down a large number of us any moment now.

Seppi 1: underrated pick. Good balance of risk and chances of living for those who went on riskier roads.

Sijsling 5: you should have taken the promotional package.

Simon 2: usually reliable for safe passage in the first rounds of a slam. IRC, he lost a few hours ago to Lopez on grass. Don't see that reverting here.

Soeda 1: sayonara!

Zeballos 1: somebody has to win in his match against Giraldo, right?

Zemlja 4: risk junkies.

List has been updated as well.
Dear Mr. Moderator, Go easy on your individual pick analysis. Your observations have been missing by a mile. Mathieu was a great pick. Przysiezny was a really great pick. And, Dolgopolov breezed through. Are you still alive in the pool??

DanielN
06-26-2013, 01:25 AM
Come on, it makes for a fun read!

funkstar
06-26-2013, 03:04 AM
Come on, it makes for a fun read!
This. Drop-shot's analyses is one of the best things about the SPs, and he's far more hit than miss in his predictions. (Far better than most tennis journalists, as far as I can tell.)

Please keep up the good work, Drop-shot.

Doc_P
06-26-2013, 03:57 AM
yes i look forward to it every morning even after getting cheeked

suliso
06-26-2013, 04:04 AM
Anyone picked Isner today?

Manila Smash
06-26-2013, 04:10 AM

This is the second time I've entered the Wimbledon suicide pool. Last time? 2011 Raonic retires in 1st set with injury. This time? Isner retires in 1st set with injury. Both were in second round. Ugh!

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 04:13 AM
Totally agree with funkstar. Drop's commentary is one of the highlights of the SPs. Is he going to be right 100% of the time? Of course not. But that's not the point. The point is to entertain and educate us (especially those new to the game) about the wisdom of taking certain players at certain points in the game. Thanks, Drop!

suliso
06-26-2013, 04:14 AM
Totally agree with funkstar. Drop's commentary is one of the highlights of the SPs. Is he going to be right 100% of the time? Of course not. But that's not the point. The point is to entertain and educate us (especially those new to the game) about the wisdom of taking certain players at certain points in the game. Thanks, Drop!

:yes::yes::yes:

garp6
06-26-2013, 04:39 AM
I concur that Drop's analysis is great. Analysis should contain strong opinions. Keep it coming, Drop.

barbarapotterfan
06-26-2013, 04:47 AM
I am also a big fan of Drop-shot's analysis. Anyone who doesn't like it can opt not to read it, or they can post their own analysis and see how well they do. It's always easy to second guess.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Gooooooooooood mooooooooorniiiingggggggg Viet.... Wimbledon!

On the news today, we had a great tragedy (except for he who logs the picks :evil:). Isner retired with "fatigue", we don't know if it's mental or physical, and left contestant corpses strewn through our beautiful hall. So far we've counted 36 souls who perished in this freak withdrawal.

Luckily 5 people left before they had to witness such calamity. They took the No Pick shuttle with complimentary cocktails to the Loser's Lounge.

Now on to the rest who survived this tragedy:

Cilic 17: I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Detox. Get him out of your system ASAP or he'll disappoint you later. I personally decided to take a risk and save him just in case for R-3.

Benneteau 5: yikes! Verdasco has sort of been playing well again. Cloudy skies with high chance of thunderstorm here.

Almagro 42: OK, I'll be honest, I'm not too excited about using Almagro on grass, but he did beat his opponent here in the same round last year and I wouldn't pick him against Janowicz and after that it's Federer, so this was the last chance for a "reasonable" gamble with him.

Hewitt 40: now this pick I like. Old Rusty is one of the most reliable players on record and he's been playing well on grass. I spared him just in case he comes in handy later on.

Janowicz 2: these people never learn. DO NOT pick from any match where Stepanek or Roger-Vasselin are involved.

Mahut 1: hmmmmm, yes this is grass and he might prevail, but never bet against a comeback.

Melzer 33: shocked that these many people placed their lives with Jurgen. I don't trust him and forecast a 40-50% chance of an "upset".

Monaco 10: my previous advice still heeds. I expect him to lose any moment now. 3... 2... 1...

Paire 14: I think yes, but I fear it might be too soon since this is the ghost part of the draw.

Ram 1: I like your chances against Monaco ON GRASS.

Robredo 2: difficult task against Mahut, but his confidence might just let him pull it off.

Troicki 14: I guess so. Why not? Simply because his opponent doesn't seem too complicated.

Youzhny 56: IMO he has another round in him, but otherwise, one of the better choices this round.

Enjoy!

New England Nitemare
06-26-2013, 04:59 AM
Ugh, here we go again, Hewitt down 2 sets to Dustin Brown??? Sweating out ANOTHER pick, hopefully Lleyton can make a comeback. Stay Tuned.

ponchi101
06-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Drop's analyses are one of the highlights of every SP. And given the fact that he writes them down under the influence of some fine Argentinean Cabernet (now, don't bother to deny it, it's ok), they are even more awesome.
(I believe the person who wrote about his commentary was also joking. C'mon, saying Pzhennszkhy (or whatever his last name is spelled) was a great choice is downright madness. And perfectly suited for TAT.)

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 05:19 AM

Originally I did, but luckily I switched yesterday evening to Almagro. Had no insider knowledge, just something about picking Isner made me uncomfortable.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 05:28 AM
Update done!

sokoll
06-26-2013, 05:53 AM
I love Drop's analysis, looking to it every morning, even though my picks got bad reviews so far (Stepanek- Dolgopolov- Almagro) and made me nervous :), still a lot of fun. Keep it going, Drop-shot!

Guillermo Grayclay
06-26-2013, 05:59 AM

I also had a good laugh this morning, the first time I've read Drop's analysis. Not only was I laughing at his commentary, but at how wrong he was. LOL!

As for insight, I learned something for sure: "De Bakker 2: he was the right choice... like a few years ago. " I chose him because I was hoping the Netherlandererers would all be pumped after Sarcis' stun-gun opening match, but it appears the entire nation got too drunk to remember that there's a tournament going on.

[smh]

mmmm8
06-26-2013, 06:08 AM
I also had a good laugh this morning, the first time I've read Drop's analysis. Not only was I laughing at his commentary, but at how wrong he was. LOL!

As for insight, I learned something for sure: "De Bakker 2: he was the right choice... like a few years ago. " I chose him because I was hoping the Netherlandererers would all be pumped after Sarcis' stun-gun opening match, but it appears the entire nation got too drunk to remember that there's a tournament going on.

[smh]

...Darcis is Belgian :)

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 06:11 AM
Wednesday, bloody Wednesday

Moose
06-26-2013, 06:11 AM
So bandwagon 3 & 4 are out already today.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 06:12 AM
So bandwagon 3 & 4 are out already today.

I'm on number 2 and things aren't looking that hot right now.

Guillermo Grayclay
06-26-2013, 06:13 AM
...Darcis is Belgian :)

oh my...time to get that cup of coffee....

barbarapotterfan
06-26-2013, 06:15 AM
I am also a big fan of Drop-shot's analysis. Anyone who doesn't like it can opt not to read it, or they can post their own analysis and see how well they do. It's always easy to second guess.

Klaywien
06-26-2013, 06:18 AM
What the hell is going on today? I was saving one of Isner/Hewtt/Cilic as my third round pick and they all are out. Kicking myself for picking Paire too early. Those who have saved him are in with a great shout of going a long way.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 06:19 AM
If rumors are true, Cilic has withdrawn. Told you not to go there :cheesy:

That's 93 gone and we're not even close to done today!

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 06:21 AM
If rumors are true, Cilic has withdrawn. Told you not to go there :cheesy:

That's 93 gone and we're not even close to done today!

Yep, it's true. De Schepper advances over Cilic in a walkover. What a crazy day!

Moose
06-26-2013, 06:21 AM
And Almagro drops the second set. We may have a record book kind of day in the works in the men's game.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
You know things are bad when Melzer suddenly looks like an appealing pick.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Not to be outdone, Benneteau just lost the first set as well.

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 06:25 AM

:D

e11even
06-26-2013, 06:28 AM
Don't jinx us, Drop! Can't even celebrate the bloodbath as we expect to join the party later! :p

sokoll
06-26-2013, 06:36 AM

;);)

Moose
06-26-2013, 06:37 AM
Mikhail drops the second set. This is Suicide Pool Day From Hell.

patrick
06-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Shocked that Mr. Reliable lost today :mad:

sokoll
06-26-2013, 06:38 AM
well, Nico gets the break for 4-2, maybe there is hope...

theotherdonald
06-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Oh, friggin Isner. I joked when I picked him, but ... he really is never going to make it to R3 of Wimbledon, is he? That would/will be one of the biggest WTFs in tennis lore.

sokoll
06-26-2013, 06:50 AM
one more set for us, Almagro pickers

deb10s
06-26-2013, 06:52 AM
boo hoo to be knocked out with Cilic...why didn't he withdraw sooner

Thanks to drop shot doe your entertaining commentary

off to losers lounge AGAIN..

seaweed
06-26-2013, 06:55 AM
the girls apparently do not like that the men are hogging all the attention, so now ms. lucie has lost the second set.

ponchi101
06-26-2013, 07:00 AM
And Wozniacki is not moving that well, after her fall.
We might as well Fast Forward to the USO. This is a mess.

sokoll
06-26-2013, 07:17 AM
Bandwagon #2 is through to the next round

seaweed
06-26-2013, 07:43 AM
..and miss lucie goes down.

seaweed
06-26-2013, 08:14 AM
something in the water? the general is in a 5th.

suliso
06-26-2013, 08:17 AM
For those of us who are through already Youzhny and Melzer losing would be just fine. :p

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
For those of us who are through already Youzhny and Melzer losing would be just fine. :p

I pass gas in your general direction. :p

sokoll
06-26-2013, 08:19 AM
and now Maria is down a break, bad day for the seeds today

sokoll
06-26-2013, 08:21 AM
can imagine how loud De Brito- Sharapova match :rolleyes:

sokoll
06-26-2013, 08:23 AM

Youzhny is down a break in the fifth now...

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Youzhny already down a break in the fifth.

I said when I posted my pic last night that Youzhny has never worked for me, either when I pick him or when I pick against him (and he wins). Looks like that is going to continue. Perhaps one day I'll learn.

enigmaticdan
06-26-2013, 08:24 AM
Pretty much everyone's going to be red or out of picks this SP, right?

theotherdonald
06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
A fine day to become an even finer day for Canada? !!

suliso
06-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Pretty much everyone's going to be red or out of picks this SP, right?

Looks good to me at the moment :D

sokoll
06-26-2013, 08:26 AM
and Melzer drops the first set

suliso
06-26-2013, 08:32 AM
Youzhny was a sensible pick, I almost took him as well. Melzer on the other hand was a classical case of picking against a little known player. The one thing I have learned while playing this game is to never pick against someone I have never seen play.

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Youzhny just broke back at 3-4 at love.

shtexas
06-26-2013, 08:41 AM
Youzhny was a sensible pick, I almost took him as well. Melzer on the other hand was a classical case of picking against a little known player. The one thing I have learned while playing this game is to never pick against someone I have never seen play.

But, so many of us successfully pick against wild cards in the first round - especially British wild cards at Wimbledon.

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 08:42 AM

The reason you've never seen Reister play, a guy in his late 20s IIRC, is because he's generally not good enough to get into main draws except at challengers. :)

seaweed
06-26-2013, 08:44 AM
and now jo-willy trails 2 sets to 1

suliso
06-26-2013, 08:47 AM
But, so many of us successfully pick against wild cards in the first round - especially British wild cards at Wimbledon.

Against WC's is a fair game, particularly British wild cards. I would not, however, pick against qualifiers or players in the 80-100 range I just haven't seen. Unless maybe they are known to be of clay only type.

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 08:49 AM
Pospisil survived the first match point against him but not the second. Youzhny gets through!!!

suliso
06-26-2013, 08:51 AM
Youzhny will be a great pick in the next round.

sokoll
06-26-2013, 08:53 AM
Tsonga retires :shocked:

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 09:00 AM

Exactly. Because Troicki leads their H2H and has won their last two matches. :cheesy:

suliso
06-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Exactly. Because Troicki leads their H2H and has won their last two matches. :cheesy:

Never mind. I guess I'll have to look elsewhere :cheesy:

mmmm8
06-26-2013, 09:07 AM

Unless he's injured, or has a bad day, or Sobkin looks at him weird, or Troicki hits a good shot that leads to Youzhny derailing. (I only picked him today because of the solid H2H vs Pospisil, and because it's Pospisil, and even that didn't work out well)

I'll be cheering for them to go crazy at the same time. :)

Moose
06-26-2013, 09:10 AM

When's the last time anyone uttered the sentence "I think I used Viktor Troicki too soon."?

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 09:14 AM
When's the last time anyone uttered the sentence "I think I used Viktor Troicki too soon."?

LOL! If I was still alive on Day 5 and hadn't used either of them, I still wouldn't touch that match with a 10-foot pole.

omess
06-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Stay out of that match people (Youzhny vs Troicki)

sokoll
06-26-2013, 09:20 AM
LOL! If I was still alive on Day 5 and hadn't used either of them, I still wouldn't touch that match with a 10-foot pole.

+1

sokoll
06-26-2013, 09:33 AM
Stay out of that match people (Youzhny vs Troicki)

some other matchups are not going to be tough to chose from for those who'll make it to Day 5, Gulbis vs Verdasco, the battle of headcases, Almagro vs Janowicz, Mannarino vs Brown...

skatingfan
06-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Clearly No Pick is the best way to go right now.

seaweed
06-26-2013, 09:42 AM

+1

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 09:43 AM

:hyst:

sokoll
06-26-2013, 09:54 AM

;)

Klaywien
06-26-2013, 10:07 AM
Looks like Monaco is doing his best to knock me out of back to back Wimbledons.

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 10:10 AM
Lost almost 100 players today (99) with 44 TBD.

omess
06-26-2013, 10:49 AM
Melzer wins ;)

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 10:54 AM

LOL!

kingmaker
06-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Whoa, are you kidding me! Daggumit, I meant to use that Swiss guy in the first round! :p

e11even
06-26-2013, 12:20 PM
I think I used Stakhovsky too soon. :p

suliso
06-26-2013, 01:52 PM
Tomorrow is fine, but what the hell are we going to pick once the time comes for the bottom half again??? Assuming that everyone stays away from Murray the choices are:

Kubot vs Paire
Mannarino vs Braun
Almagro vs Janowicz
Melzer vs Stakhovsky
Gulbis vs Verdasco
Monaco vs de Schepper
Troicki vs Youzhny

I have already used Almagro and Gulbis (foolishly perhaps). As much as I don't want to I would probably have to take a chance on Troicki vs Youzhny...

dryrunguy
06-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Tomorrow is fine, but what the hell are we going to pick once the time comes for the bottom half again??? Assuming that everyone stays away from Murray the choices are:

Kubot vs Paire
Mannarino vs Braun
Almagro vs Janowicz
Melzer vs Stakhovsky
Gulbis vs Verdasco
Monaco vs de Schepper
Troicki vs Youzhny

I have already used Almagro and Gulbis (foolishly perhaps). As much as I don't want to I would probably have to take a chance on Troicki vs Youzhny...

We already discussed this, suliso. For those of us who get there, the clear choice for Day 5 is No Pick.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 01:59 PM
We already discussed this, suliso. For those of us who get there, the clear choice for Day 5 is No Pick.

And against all odds suddenly Monaco is a GREAT choice for R-3... at WIMBLEDON! :freekingout:

suliso
06-26-2013, 02:01 PM
And against all odds suddenly Monaco is a GREAT choice for R-3... at WIMBLEDON! :freekingout:

And what do you know about de Schepper's game? Me - zero and that alone is enough to stay away...

mmmm8
06-26-2013, 02:11 PM

I thought that's what Braun meant since there's no such player ;)

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 02:29 PM
And what do you know about de Schepper's game? Me - zero and that alone is enough to stay away...

But Monaco seemed solid today... and besides, seeing the other options, I'd rather go with 50% knowledge than 100% toss-up.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 02:31 PM
Today:

273 - 40 Hewitts - 36 Isners - 1 Mahut - 1 Ram - 17 Cilics - 5 Benneteaus = 173 literally survive to day 4

suliso
06-26-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm a bit tempted to take Braun over Mannarino, but assuming Haas doesn't mess up tomorrow I'll probably end up with Troicki over Youzhny. Need to save Paire for later...

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 02:41 PM
I'm a bit tempted to take Braun over Mannarino, but assuming Haas doesn't mess up tomorrow I'll probably end up with Troicki over Youzhny. Need to save Paire for later...

I'd rather gouge my eyes out before playing with that loaded gun.

Drop-shot
06-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Picks are updated!

calvin_hobbes29
06-26-2013, 04:05 PM
Thank heavens the draw merges on Monday ... can't imagine having to pick from just the four fourth-round matches in the top half (esp. since I've used Stakhovsky and Almagro).

ptmcmahon
06-26-2013, 04:07 PM
We're going to need that this slam!

AttackTheNet
06-26-2013, 06:58 PM

Let's start the De Schepper bandwagon! Come on people, who's with me? Guys? Hello?

Ribbons
06-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Let's start the De Schepper bandwagon! Come on people, who's with me? Guys? Hello?

I haven't seen him play, but some of the writeups from the scrub specialists have been entertaining, such as:

http://www.footsoldiersoftennis.com/2012/10/10/kenny-de-schepper-is-a-monstrosity-to-face/

Jason11E
06-26-2013, 07:25 PM
[QUOTE=suliso;783734]Tomorrow is fine, but what the hell are we going to pick once the time comes for the bottom half again??? Assuming that everyone stays away from Murray the choices are:

Kubot vs Paire
Mannarino vs Braun
Almagro vs Janowicz
Melzer vs Stakhovsky
Gulbis vs Verdasco
Monaco vs de Schepper
Troicki vs Youzhny

Oh boy...this looks like the draw at some ATP 250 event in Eastern Europe

Ribbons
06-26-2013, 07:32 PM
This de Schepper and Clement photo from 2011 is cracking me up: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bkill/6180929506/

fatboy
06-27-2013, 12:58 AM
But Monaco seemed solid today... and besides, seeing the other options, I'd rather go with 50% knowledge than 100% toss-up.

totally agree on that one ... reduce the suicidal riskiness as much as possible ... in case there is a black thursday or friday awaiting us ...

Drop-shot
06-27-2013, 05:05 AM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday we lost almost half, so take advantage of the extra space while you can since the Loser's Lounge is plenty full.

7 departed in the form of No Pick.

Anderson 37: a truly great choice. Win today, lose tomorrow. Bravo.

Blake 2: from not winning matches at all to winning two in a row? Hmmmmmm, and against Tomic? Double hmmmmmm

Chardy 63: on paper this looks like a great choice as well, but something about Chardy just made me look somewhere else. Still, this pick should live.

Del Potro 2: yes he SHOULD win. I'm not sold on Delpo yet, so these people are taking a calculated risk in using him early. Gold star for bravery.

Dimitrov 9: another one who should win. Yet, if Delpo falters or Grigor wins their matchup, will you have used him too soon?

Dodig 5: what is wrong with you?! With so many options, you had to go and risk it all. Slight advantage Dodig.

Dolgopolov 9: another player who was slumping. I would've looked for firmer ground. This one might shake and crumble.

Ferrer 1: even with yesterday's carnage, we can expect Ferrer to last a few more rounds. Too soon.

Gasquet 4: great pick today. Potential trickiness next round. Berdych after that. Then Djokovic. IF the draw holds, and that's a big if after yesterday, you've used him well. Otherwise, you might regret this pick.

Haas 23: similar to Gasquet, just with a sooner expiration date. Well picked... unless Nole suffers from Wimbleggedon.

Lopez 6: one of the gutsier picks but filled with logic. Another gold star for bravery.

Nishikori 5: if I had to pick an upset, I'd put my money on Leo Mayer. Watch out for this one. Besides, I've been burned by Kei before. He's prone to the desultory result.

Drop-shot
06-27-2013, 06:08 AM
Day 4 updated is done.

Martini4me
06-27-2013, 06:49 AM

Kubot vs Paire
Mannarino vs Braun
Almagro vs Janowicz
Melzer vs Stakhovsky
Gulbis vs Verdasco
Monaco vs de Schepper
Troicki vs Youzhny

And this would be so much worse if it were any other slam. Since the two halves of the draw merge on Monday for the round of 16, one can avoid picking from those half again, until one chooses Murray either to win in the final or his semi-final. If something like this happened at the US Open, we'd be in a real pickle.

suliso
06-27-2013, 07:06 AM
And this would be so much worse if it were any other slam. Since the two halves of the draw merge on Monday for the round of 16, one can avoid picking from those half again, until one chooses Murray either to win in the final or his semi-final. If something like this happened at the US Open, we'd be in a real pickle.

So we only have to survive one more round with these choices? That makes it a lot easier. I might take Paire then - probably the safest non-Murray choice there. Or maybe really Monaco over Kenny.

Drop-shot
06-27-2013, 02:14 PM
173 made it to day 4.
7 NP
2 lost with Blake.

59 made it to day 5.

63 Chardies, 9 Dimitrovs, 9 Dolgopolovs, 1 Ferrer and 23 Haasi are in SP limbo.

Togtdyalttai
06-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I'm surprised no one picked Raonic today. I suppose they learned their lesson.

nblaquie
06-27-2013, 11:30 PM

My thoughts exactly!

ptmcmahon
06-28-2013, 01:12 AM

I was looking at him thinking this is as late as I'm going to trust him so maybe I should...but talked myself out of it.

Tigress
06-28-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm ignominiously visiting from the Loser's Lounge (Thanks Hewitt), but have to make one comment. How is it rationally possible that there's a big Juan Monaco bandwagon at Wimbledon? Have these people even bothered to look at Monaco's recent record, not to mention his pathetic grass and career Wimbledon record? This man is a clay specialist and terrible on grass, while his opponent (albeit unseeded) has won numerous recent grass matches. If there's any justice in the world, this legion of Monaco pickers deserve to join me in the Loser's Lounge pronto. And you should all buy me drinks!

gunner
06-28-2013, 02:22 AM
Hahaha, thats exactly my thought but then i thought its better to save him maybe for the next round !!

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Welcome all! Including the large horde in the "transit zone". 7 decided they couldn't take the pressure of having to wait for TWO picks to make it today and went with NO PICK. One, eager to jump on the certain to pass bandwagon that is Monaco didn't check and double picked him, also making his way prematurely to the Loser's Lounge.

The rest of us:
(all numbers subject to editing after yesterday's matches are done)

Brown 10: since someone HAS to win in tennis, I'd place my money -albeit not much of it- on Brown. I'd avoid watching if you suffer from anxiety, high blood pressure, heart issues or any other form of disease prone to worsening from stress.

De Scheeper 1: just when you think you can't do worse than picking Monaco in round 3 of Wimbledon, along comes his opponent.

Gulbis 3: OK, this is a tough match. Two steely competitors who face adversity head on with a straight face, clutch serving and strategic point making... :hyst: Sorry, I just couldn't keep it up. This is the epitome of streakiness. IF I had to choose from this match, and that would only be at gun point... I would flip a coin and wait for that milisecond where I hear the trigger. Since I have no idea who prevails here: 50-50%

Janowicz 4: I'm thinking Almagro takes this one. Don't know how, but he does.

Mannarino 6: if you saw Brown against Hewitt, you wouldn't be too happy. If you think it was lightning in a bottle, your chances don't look much better :cheesy:

Melzer 2: why not? He has potential. Yet, if Stakhovsky keeps his form, it's bye bye time.

Monaco... wait for it... 68: ok, this was the obvious choice today. Grass court talent having a banner year.... what? No? Wrong guy you say? Well, a whole lot of us went against one of the main SP rules "Don't pick against someone." If we live we've exhausted our SP good karma.

Paire 32: what? You're NOT saving him for Round 4 of Wimbledon as the rest of us have since the draw came out? Heresy! On the bright side, at least you'll make it to Round 4.

Stakhovsky 4: Mr Jamie Lannister aka The King Slayer. Should his King slaying ways continue he's good to go.

Troicki 2: these people are on the wrong side of the equation.

Verdasco 1: The other half of the absolutely must see Gulbis match. Go to sleep and have someone wake you up when it's over. 50-50%

Youzhny 22: IMO, one of the better choices available. However, this being Youzhny, there are inherent risks.

Ribbons
06-28-2013, 04:54 AM

I recall there being a ton of people on the bandwagon what crashed a couple of years ago. The bruises take forever to fade!

Doc_P
06-28-2013, 05:02 AM
I recall there being a ton of people on the bandwagon what crashed a couple of years ago. The bruises take forever to fade!

was that the match he was injured in and retired
i was cheeked that day He was winning the match and was on a roll when he got hurt

thedinosaur
06-28-2013, 05:33 AM
I'm pretty new to this...in the event that there is no play on the 'roofless' courts today, what happens tomorrow? does it just depend on the schedule?

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 05:44 AM
I'm pretty new to this...in the event that there is no play on the 'roofless' courts today, what happens tomorrow? does it just depend on the schedule?

Lets hope it doesn't happen.

Moose
06-28-2013, 05:45 AM

Stay tuned, the dinosaur. We'll have a plan in place as the day progresses, and we'll make an announcement of how we will handle things.

ponchi101
06-28-2013, 05:47 AM

You gotta keep making picks on the matches that are scheduled. That leads to the possibility that you can actually lose more than once in a SP. I once lost three times in one day: On the women's side, and on the men's side twice, as both the pick I was carrying from the day before and pick for that day lost.

thedinosaur
06-28-2013, 05:56 AM
alright, I'll just keep doing my patented Anti-Rain dance and stay tuned...thanks

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 06:15 AM
Once delayed matches are finished I will update the picks.

Meanwhile, Dimitrov just lost.

skatingfan
06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Stakhovsky 4: Mr Jamie Lannister aka The King Slayer. Should his King slaying ways continue he's good to go.

You know that Jamie Lannister lost a hand? Not sure what that says for Stakhovsky but thought I should bring it up. :cheesy:

Jason11E
06-28-2013, 06:20 AM
Ugh...Chardy

AttackTheNet
06-28-2013, 06:23 AM
Ugh...Chardy

Yeah, tell me about it. He's got another set point here though. And converts it!! Alright, he's up 2-1. Come on Jeremy!!

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 07:05 AM
You know that Jamie Lannister lost a hand? Not sure what that says for Stakhovsky but thought I should bring it up. :cheesy:

I do, and it seems he's lost the first set!

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Chardy just won. So another bunch sigh in relief.

AttackTheNet
06-28-2013, 07:20 AM
Chardy makes it through, carrying 63 relieved players with him. First Chardy, now I have to stress about Monaco on grass? Oy.

Klaywien
06-28-2013, 08:52 AM
Congrats to the 2 guys who picked Melzer to win. You deserve a medal for that pick alone.

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Revised count after delayed day 4 matches:

8NP
1 double pick
Brown 10
De Scheeper 1
Gulbis 3
Janowicz 3
Mannarino 5
Melzer 2 (already safe)
Monaco 63
Paire 31
Stakhovsky 4
Troicki 2
Verdasco 1
Youzhny 21

AttackTheNet
06-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Drop, according to my calculations we had 155 left after the conclusion of the day 4 matches. 155 - 8 NP - 1 DP = 146. But your revised count adds up to 149. Didn't only 2 players pick Melzer, not 5?

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 09:35 AM
sorry, typo. Had it right on paper.

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 10:38 AM
OK, sorry for the delay but I'm in the middle of a 24hr shift. Pick are updated.

Will try to do it again once play has finished but it might be later than usual.

aroque
06-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Paire match canceled :(

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Brown 10 - On Time
De Scheeper 1 - Delayed
Gulbis 3 - Delayed
Janowicz 3 (arrived)
Mannarino 5 - On Time
Melzer 2 (arrived)
Monaco 63 - Delayed
Paire 31 - Delayed
Stakhovsky 4 - Cancelled
Troicki 2 - Delayed
Verdasco 1 - Delayed
Youzhny 21 - Delayed

Drop-shot
06-28-2013, 01:20 PM
Picks are updated after Brown.

ptmcmahon
06-28-2013, 04:19 PM
Brown 10 - On Time
De Scheeper 1 - Delayed
Gulbis 3 - Delayed
Janowicz 3 (arrived)
Mannarino 5 - On Time
Melzer 2 (arrived)
Monaco 63 - Delayed
Paire 31 - Delayed
Stakhovsky 4 - Cancelled
Troicki 2 - Delayed
Verdasco 1 - Delayed
Youzhny 21 - Delayed

Brilliant! Love it drop.

shtexas
06-28-2013, 04:31 PM
LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using Tapatalk 2

suliso
06-29-2013, 04:25 AM
It looks hopeless for those of us who picked Paire or Gulbis and not much better for Monaco pickers...

mmmm8
06-29-2013, 05:31 AM
I need someone to blame for this Paire situation. The hype made me forget that Kubot, while a mental mess and has a bad H2H vs him, has a good grass game and that Paire has never really done anything useful.

suliso
06-29-2013, 05:39 AM
I need someone to blame for this Paire situation. The hype made me forget that Kubot, while a mental mess and has a bad H2H vs him, has a good grass game and that Paire has never really done anything useful.

Let's blame dry! He was the one who pointed out that Youzhny has a bad h2h with Troicki and thus dissuaded me from such a sensible pick.

:p

mmmm8
06-29-2013, 05:41 AM
Let's blame dry! He was the one who pointed out that Youzhny has a bad h2h with Troicki and thus dissuaded me from such a sensible pick.

:p

I'd already used Youzhny (p.s. I supported Dry's argument). Obviously, Verdasco was the only solid pick :)

jazzyg
06-29-2013, 05:42 AM
Verdasco was on fire today, making my bad pick of Gulbis look even worse. I watched it from start to finish, and Verdasco dominated him on the forehand (no surprise), backhand (surprise) and serve (shocking). He's just much more comfortable on grass than Gulbis.

Should have stuck with my original inclination to take Melzer.

suliso
06-29-2013, 05:45 AM
Grass is by far the weakest surface for Gulbis. I wouldn't have taken him even if I had the option to do so.

My first choice was Monaco which I changed to Paire. Basically it was a story of not taking enough risk at this stage.

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 06:35 AM
What a disaster!

A second bloodbath in week 1.

Wow.

I have to sort out this mess and will post results.

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 06:46 AM
OK, so final numbers for yesterday were

155 - 9NP - 113(:shocked:) = 33

We lost more yesterday than on Bloody Wednesday!

suliso
06-29-2013, 06:47 AM
With Nishikori going down as well it's a rare double loss for me today...

Madame
06-29-2013, 06:47 AM
Oh sh..........................;;
I so wanted to go far for once ....

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 06:49 AM
Of today's 33:

3 NP
Berdych 1 (already in trouble)
Dodig 1
Ferrer 1
Gasquet 7 (in serious trouble)
Haas 4
Nishikori 16

Sheesh, this is ruthless. Largest bandwagon already crashed. At this rate there might not be anyone left for the final rounds.

suliso
06-29-2013, 06:51 AM
So 14 max and very likely much less than that. Didn't we start yesterday with about 170?

ponchi101
06-29-2013, 06:56 AM
So 14 max and very likely much less than that. Didn't we start yesterday with about 170?

I will joke with you today, Suliso. Remember a few days ago we were posting about the probabilities of Simon meeting Lopez at the beginning of the tournament after the Eastbourne final match? And that you said that assuming that the outcome of a tennis match was random was not logical? Because maybe you want to re-consider that statement ;)
This tournament has been a total crap-shoot. It has been almost a mathematical riddle: the chances of a player losing a match is 70%. FOR BOTH PLAYERS!!!!!!

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Picks link has been updated.

BEST case scenario leaves us with 14.

jazzyg
06-29-2013, 06:59 AM
I was snickering silently at the bandwagons who picked Monaco (on grass? Really?) and Paire (mental midget against guy who served for the QF twice against Lopez two years ago when I had Lopez in this pool).

Meanwhile, I had the truly horrific pick (Gulbis), and like sulizo, would have lost with Nishikori anyway. That one I can't figure. Seppi is good on grass, but there's nothing he does as well as Nishikori.

suliso
06-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Every time I play one of these SP I start out thinking that reaching the round of 16 should be trivial for anyone with a basic tennis knowledge and it will definitely happen for me this time. 90% of the time I'm proven wrong... :cheesy:

Klaywien
06-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Hey, I picked Tomas Berdych but the link shows that I have made no pick.

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Hey, I picked Tomas Berdych but the link shows that I have made no pick.

Corrected it.

Will correct it in the link when I update at the end of the day.

Klaywien
06-29-2013, 07:06 AM
Thanks, I got worried for a second and started wondering if I posted my pick in a wrong thread. What happens if I mistakenly make a pick in the women's thread instead of the men's thread? Is it counted as a no pick?

PeterSkan
06-29-2013, 07:08 AM
Kei was my key
But killed me

csgnyc
06-29-2013, 07:16 AM
How about creating an updated thread that includes the 33 of us who survived until day 6. It would make this nishikori picker feel better.

e11even
06-29-2013, 07:24 AM
Was happy to have survived with Youzhny but then Nishikori kicked me out of the pool. Picked Kei over Gasquet just because the latter is in my DNP list at this stage. I'll be massively gutted if Gasquet eventually wins, not to mention because I've got Tomic in my GA team! :wall:

Out of both pools now from winning both last year! :bowing:

e11even
06-29-2013, 07:25 AM
How about creating an updated thread that includes the 33 of us who survived until day 6. It would make this nishikori picker feel better.

:thumbsup:

Drop-shot
06-29-2013, 07:32 AM
By popular demand. This thread is closed.