PDA

View Full Version : Why our pick should be Roger for the 1st Round.

nelslus
01-14-2007, 08:24 AM
I liked this Suicide Pool A WHOLE LOT better when I frankly just stumbled into the Beat the Draw victory with the 2005 Wimbledon men's tournament. I had no clue what I was doing at that point in time.

Let's examine our choices, shall we? That mental giant Monfils. Stepanek with that whole Marrying-the-Black-Widow vibe, not to mention that minor consideration of his just getting back on the tour after months of inactivity due to injury. Ancic, Srichaphan and Joachim have enough injuries to make Petrova blush. Lopez's most recent two matches were losses to George Bastl and Kevin Kim. Plus, the Lopez takers know that they are doomed if there's anything resembling a mirror on the court to distract him. Bjorkman hasn't won an Aussie singles match since the days of Lottie Dodd.

Now, of course, it would be entirely fair of you to ask- SO, nelslus, who exactly is YOUR choice, oh wise one? On the one hand, nelslus can take comfort in the knowledge that his player shall be facing Wayne Arthurs, who as of late has been losing to the likes of Dodo Cheney. Still, please note tht nelslus is basing his Suicide Pool Happiness first round on Koubek. KOUBEK!!!! Nelslus gets to wait and see, WHICH Koubek shall come out today- the Koubek with recent KILLED-THEM victories over Moya and Srichaphan, OR the Koubek whose most recent match was a loss to that tennis immortal Nathan Healey.

PLUS, there's that sickening suspicion that, now that nelslus has declared Koubek as his man, Wayne Arthurs will immediately magically find his game again, hit 700 aces on what will no doubt be a SUPER fast surface making his serves (at least for one match) unplayable and knock Koubek out of the tournament. Plus, we all KNOW that some of us whose players are playing an unknown Aussie shall find themselves Melanie South'ed out of the Suicide Pool after today.

Still, nelslus knows that it is always best to leave things as is, stick with your first choice, DON'T obsess and change your choices over and over again, it's just a silly little game (albeit an EXTREMELY well run game) after all- right? Nelslus knows that you ALWAYS go wrong when you drop your first choice on a test. EXCEPT EVERY FREAKIN' TIME WHEN YOU DON'T CHANGE YOUR ORIGINAL ANSWER ON YOUR TEST, AND YOU'RE WRONG. 'CAUSE THAT'S ALWAYS THE ONE TIME WHEN YOU SHOULD HAVE CHANGED YOUR ANSWER. UGGGHHHH!!!!!

Nelslus shall nevertheless be mightily rooting Koubek on. At which point, nelslus cannot WAIT until he can drop Koubek like a hot potato. (And, don't EVEN get nelslus started on his WTA choice of Krajicek....)

Gotta say, Nelslus' alternate title for this thread was going to be "We Are All Doomed." With as nutty as both tours have already been in 2007- today may make TAT Suicide Pool History. 'Cause after today, the only person left will be the person whose pick is Wayne Arthurs.

mmmm8
01-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Now, where's that attitude that made nelslus say he will kick all our asses when he was vacationing during the USO?

nelslus
01-14-2007, 11:34 AM
YOU FOOLS!! Nelslus is merely trying to sucker you all into making unwise choices by his showing of false modesty. Nelslus knew this would work. AH, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!!

YEAH, THAT'S what this is all about..... nelslus' trick of showing..... false modesty..... :'(

nlsf
01-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Let the forum record show that I started the Koubek bandwagon... ;)

mmmm8
01-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Let the forum record show that I started the Koubek bandwagon... ;)

Is 3 people a bandwagon??

nelslus
01-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Oh, poop.

mmmm8
01-14-2007, 07:40 PM
Perhaps you should've stuck with Federer

carlitos2006
01-15-2007, 07:22 AM
I think next time around I'll check who nelslus picked, and avoid choosing that player.

Stupid Stefan Koubek! Couldn't you at least have the decency to lose in straight sets instead of letting the aging Aussie come back from 2 sets down?

Justme
01-15-2007, 07:24 AM
I think next time around I'll check who nelslus picked, and avoid choosing that player.

Stupid Stefan Koubek! Couldn't you at least have the decency to lose in straight sets instead of letting the aging Aussie come back from 2 sets down?

And Arthurs was suffering from Gastro!

carlitos2006
01-15-2007, 07:27 AM

Thanks. Icing on the cake of despair.

nelslus
01-15-2007, 07:30 AM

WELL, nelslus WAS one of the Beat the Draw winners for the women's 2005 Wimbledon, SO THERE. :'( (Which nelslus shall continue to tell the TAT young-uns endlessly through the years, wearing nelslus' stunning Miss-Havisham-brand wedding shawl. OH LOOK, little TAT'ers, that fire seems to be growing ever bigger.....bigger.....)

Jay
01-15-2007, 07:37 AM

WELL, nelslus WAS one of the Beat the Draw winners for the women's 2005 Wimbledon, SO THERE. :'( (Which nelslus shall continue to tell the TAT young-uns endlessly through the years, wearing nelslus' stunning Miss-Havisham-brand wedding shawl. OH LOOK, little TAT'ers, that fire seems to be growing ever bigger.....bigger.....)

must you dwell on SP's passed so ferverantly today? ur dirtying my "just polished" shoes.

carlitos2006
01-15-2007, 07:39 AM
WELL, nelslus WAS one of the Beat the Draw winners for the women's 2005 Wimbledon, SO THERE. :'(

Ok, ok, I'll copy your women's draw picks, and avoid your men's draw picks. How's that? ;)

nelslus
01-15-2007, 07:40 AM
WELL, nelslus WAS one of the Beat the Draw winners for the women's 2005 Wimbledon, SO THERE. :'(

Ok, ok, I'll copy your women's draw picks, and avoid your men's draw picks. How's that? ;)

.....of course, there's that unfortunate nelslus pick of Krajicek.....

nelslus
01-15-2007, 07:41 AM

must you dwell on SP's passed so ferverantly today? ur dirtying my "just polished" shoes.

....but, it's all nelslus has left.... :'(

Jay
01-15-2007, 08:12 AM

....but, it's all nelslus has left.... :'(

well, at least you HAVE something... this is my first SP and I've already lost on the men's side..

I hope Castano doesn't let me down..if she does, she better hope not to run into me..

mmmm8
01-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Nelslus, I would pull up that series of posts from the USO about how we all suck and you will tear everyone apart come the AO... but I'm much too nice to rub it in your face ::)

Justme
01-15-2007, 04:46 PM

Sorry, I'm terrible. *Hangs head in shame*

carlitos2006
01-16-2007, 08:33 AM

Sorry, I'm terrible. *Hangs head in shame*

That's OK, I would have found out sooner or later.