PDA

View Full Version : DAY 9 PICKS – AO WOMENS SUICIDE POOL

shtexas
01-21-2007, 04:10 PM
Congratulations and welcome to day 9 of the Australian Open suicide pool. You have made it very far indeed.

Today, there are only two quarterfinal matches from which you can choose. They are from the bottom half of the draw. It is now critical you double-check your previous choices in the “updated” picks and results thread. Repeat selections cannot be made.

All predictions are due by Tuesday, January 23rd, 11:00 AM in Melbourne (MONDAY, January 23rd, 7:00 PM EST in the US)

Best of luck!

S. Williams USA vs. S. Peer (16) ISR
N. Vaidisova (10) CZE vs. L. Safarova CZE

ptmcmahon
01-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Well, I've already chosen two of them, so to beat the draw I need Peer and Safarova to win tomorrow and one of them to make the final (and lose.) I have my doubts that either will win though. Serena is looking really good right now - if Peer can beat her, she can make the final. I'm going with my more confident pick for tomorrow:

L. Safarova CZE

Dang...pick not needed. Thanks Patty, killed me for the 2nd time in 3 slams. Maybe I should make a new rule - never pick your namesakes (including opposite gender!!!)

Martini4me
01-21-2007, 08:53 PM
I have no choice here at all. As much as I detest her, I have to pick Serena Williams. I've already chosen the other three earlier.

IntnstyAngle
01-21-2007, 09:32 PM
Well, I can't beat the draw on my inaugral suicide pool but I can try to last... here's hoping...

Lucie Safarova over Nicole Vaidisova

Here's hoping for another upset. I mean... she beat Mauresmo... <_<....>_>

ptmcmahon
01-22-2007, 12:22 AM
You can still beat it! You'll just need Peer to also win and pick her later! I was in the exact same bout except I picked wrong side of Chak - Schynder match.

thesupernova
01-22-2007, 03:47 AM
well i have to go with Lucie Safavrova, this is the easiest choice ive had to make all tourny. i think nicole is going to win though. but i also think serena is going to kill peer, so in case lucie wins i need serena free.

urn1813
01-22-2007, 07:06 AM
It's like playing with fire, but I have no choice in order to beat the draw. I pick Lucie Safarova.

fish
01-22-2007, 11:27 AM
If I was to go w/ Safarova and she lost and Serena won, that would end the pool. Can't have that...

Serena Williams, please.

thanks

ptmcmahon
01-22-2007, 12:31 PM
What if they both lose? ;D

beaujarkko
01-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Martini picked Serena, too.

Safarova = 3
Williams = 2

Anyone else thinking that Peer can do some damage in this next match? She demolished Kuznetsova and yes, Serena has looked good, but so has Shahar!

Moose
01-22-2007, 04:05 PM
DAY 9 SELECTIONS ARE CLOSED

Good luck to all our remaining players!